• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun goals

View attachment 480648

Beretta 1301 tactical in FDE. It doesnt have to be FDE, but i already have a black shotgun, so why not change ot a little.
This could be changed with another Beretta 1200/1201 fp if i can find one at a reasonable price like i did with my current one. The wild card, would be the keltec ks7 just due to size.
But i dig semi auto goodness
Psst.

The PCC
pix733072770.jpg

Its just simple. I just want it. And i want to SBR it.
Interchangeable mags with the next one.

[rofl2]

Last edited:
The CX4 is awesome. I know armslist is a cesspool sometimes but if I didn’t already have one I’d be tossing feelers at this one.

I don't get the CX4 fascination. To me it's just a step above my Kel-tec Sub2000, which I sold for a fortune because it had (3) 33rnd preban mags with it. My wife however, won't part with hers. I think it's because it takes the same mags as her 92FS. Chicks love to accessorize.

Gun goals for the year: Get back into reloading 9mm - have components just need to focus more time for it. Continue to get to the range on a weekly basis, just 50 - 100 rds. Continue to go to training classes

Longer term goals - pick up a 1301 like OP and find Ruger Super Redhawk Alsakans in 454 and 480 to go with my .44. They aren't practical but I think they are damn cool.

I am all set with guns. Allow me to share with you this:

I don't get the CX4 fascination. To me it's just a step above my Kel-tec Sub2000, which I sold for a fortune because it had (3) 33rnd preban mags with it. My wife however, won't part with hers. I think it's because it takes the same mags as her 92FS. Chicks love to accessorize.
Keltec sub2k is one of the only guns I’ve ever picked up and instantly hated. I bought mine before i shot it because I thought fold in half was tacticool.
CX4 is a dream to shoot and clean. Plentiful prebans mags, of which Beretta is among the cheapest, accurate out to 200 yards off hand, without even trying. Hands down the best PCC out there under 1k, until you get into PCCs that are basically ARs anyways.

Swap one of my gen 3 Glocks with a gen 5 17 or 34. Also build out another short upper in non 5.56. Maybe a new .45

My gun goal is to have everything but also keeping it minimal and efficient at the same time. So of course, I've acquired a shitload of guns. I'm big on "conversion kits" instead of buying another serial number. The only major piece missing from my gun goal is a 1911. I'm thinking a Range Officer in 9mm.

Essentially the same gun.
Minor differences.

I.e.
pic rail
Vertec grip
Springs
Sights
Mags are slightly different

Essentially you can do all that to a everyday 92.
The hard rail being the exception.
But there are aftermarket solutions for that.

How are the magazines different? Are they interchangeable?

They are interchangeable yes, to my limited knowledge, there is an extra cut in the body of the mag to help with sand/debis clearing

Everyday magazine

View attachment 480815

M9a3 magazine

View attachment 480816

I should have googled before asking.

I can’t find a reference to a slot or groove (from my phone) but do find references to a “sand resistant coating”, and the detects at the base are gone, so they hold 17 instead of 15 rounds. (In a free state)

Am I missing the groove/slot?

EDIT: I take it back. The very shallow groove down the side id what I didn’t notice before.

I should have googled before asking.

I can’t find a reference to a slot or groove (from my phone) but do find references to a “sand resistant coating”, and the detects at the base are gone, so they hold 17 instead of 15 rounds. (In a free state)

Am I missing the groove/slot?

EDIT: I take it back. The very shallow groove down the side id what I didn’t notice before.
Edited in pictures above

I believe the bottom is different as well.
A hole in the m9a3, where in a normal mag, its sealed solid or via bottom plate

I could be wrong on this

Gun goals for the year: Get back into reloading 9mm - have components just need to focus more time for it. Continue to get to the range on a weekly basis, just 50 - 100 rds. Continue to go to training classes

Longer term goals - pick up a 1301 like OP and find Ruger Super Redhawk Alsakans in 454 and 480 to go with my .44. They aren't practical but I think they are damn cool.
I’m on a similar track. My goals are to start in reloading. I bought a Dillon 550 and all of the necessary components to prepare and reload in every major caliber I shoot. I built a workbench over the last few months. I’ve accumulated primers, powders and casings. I still haven’t found a good source for small pistol primers but that’s something to work on and if anyone wants to clue me in on sources, especially near Central Mass, I’d be grateful. I’m taking a 9 hour reloading class next month and I’ve been busy reading up.

For guns I’d love a Henry 38/357 lever action. My 22 Henry’s are a blast. For handguns if a CZ Shadow 2, Beretta 92X Performance or a nice 1911 fell into my lap I’d love it but not at the current prices. I’ve been focusing on getting minor things done on what I have like getting the Maple Leaf Firearms Holosun 507K optics cut for my P365 Sig P365 Optic Cut - Holosun 407k/507k and they did a great job.

I’m on a similar track. My goals are to start in reloading. I bought a Dillon 550 and all of the necessary components to prepare and reload in every major caliber I shoot. I built a workbench over the last few months. I’ve accumulated primers, powders and casings. I still haven’t found a good source for small pistol primers but that’s something to work on and if anyone wants to clue me in on sources, especially near Central Mass, I’d be grateful. I’m taking a 9 hour reloading class next month and I’ve been busy reading up.

For guns I’d love a Henry 38/357 lever action. My 22 Henry’s are a blast. For handguns if a CZ Shadow 2, Beretta 92X Performance or a nice 1911 fell into my lap I’d love it but not at the current prices. I’ve been focusing on getting minor things done on what I have like getting the Maple Leaf Firearms Holosun 507K optics cut for my P365 Sig P365 Optic Cut - Holosun 407k/507k and they did a great job.
The 92x performance is
chef-kiss-gif.gif

Tiny tweaks makes it even better. I.e. langdon trigger bar, wilson short reach trigger and efk fire dragon frame saver recoil rod.
At that point, its perfect.

Just got my first lever action last month.
Which is why its not on the list

So any updates on this?

Ill throw in mine.

I got the apx like i wanted. A centurion model. which i scored a hella good deal on.
I got the cx4 storm like I wanted. A 9mm fde model and a black 45 acp model.
Also snagged a px4 storm in 45 acp.
Assembled/built a new AR. Having some issues with it still.
Tacticooled my 92 to essentially mimic a m9a4/4.

Goals for next year are alot less than this year and the previous.
Still want the 1301.
Want to get the usp 40
And lastly, want to get a 6 inch Ruger GP100.

So any updates on this?

Ill throw in mine.

I got the apx like i wanted. A centurion model. which i scored a hella good deal on.
I got the cx4 storm like I wanted. A 9mm fde model and a black 45 acp model.
Also snagged a px4 storm in 45 acp.
Assembled/built a new AR. Having some issues with it still.
Tacticooled my 92 to essentially mimic a m9a4/4.

Goals for next year are alot less than this year and the previous.
Still want the 1301.
Want to get the usp 40
And lastly, want to get a 6 inch Ruger GP100.
Definitely get a usp 40, they are crazy prices out there.

I just found one like new with mepro night sights for $550 otd. They are out there.

Back
Top Bottom