• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Gift ?

blindndead

NES Member
Poisonposey should be getting her LTC any day now. I was thinking of getting her a G*N for a X- mass gift. I would think that all I need to do is pick it up and have her fill out a FA-10 form after X-mass for her to put it in her name. If this is not the way to do this, can you give my a shout back. Thanks PS. Can you keep this a secret I want this to be a suprise[wink].

I think Jim Conway had posted a great article about picking a unit for your wife. it came down to them picking it for what they wanted and how it felt. A lot of us have been in the same situation picking something that we think they would like and it is just not so. unless you really know what she wants. great idea though.

I think it's an excellent idea. However.....selecting a handgun is a very personal, subjective thing and she should be allowed to pick one she likes and is comfortable with. How many times have I "wanted" a particular handgun only to find that when I held it, I didn't like the way if fit my hand at all. Give her a "gift certificate" and make a day out of it. Take her to a nice lunch and then to a couple of shops to help her make her selection. Then she'll know it fits her hand and she feels 100% comfortable with it. The only other suggestion I have is this. If you know for 100% certain the caliber she would select, buy her a box of rounds, wrap it, and give it to her with a card telling her about the day ahead. Just a suggestion! I'm such a romantic![rofl]

Rome

Many of us have had our "heads handed to us" for trying to be nice and pick a gun for our SO. Mike N wrote the story referred to above for the Concealed Carry magazine.

Best to let the ladies pick what they want. Give her an "IOU One Gun of Your Choice" card instead. She picks it out and you pay for it (legal as long as both parties are qualified to own the gun) or give her a check to cover it.

A gift card to Four Seasons would work too for the same purpose.

Many of us have had our "heads handed to us" for trying to be nice and pick a gun for our SO. Mike N wrote the story referred to above for the Concealed Carry magazine.

Best to let the ladies pick what they want. Give her an "IOU One Gun of Your Choice" card instead. She picks it out and you pay for it (legal as long as both parties are qualified to own the gun) or give her a check to cover it.

A gift card to Four Seasons would work too for the same purpose.
Good call, I didnt think of taking her pick out her own gun, but have you read any of poisonposey's post's? Taurs .22 pink with pearl handle.[thinking]

I would suggest a gift card to a shop, if they have them. It may not look as cool in a box with a ribbon as a new handgun does, but maybe you could spice it up a bit? Buy a toy gun, and tie the gift card to it with a bow? Women love creative stuff like that.

good one

I would suggest a gift card to a shop, if they have them. It may not look as cool in a box with a ribbon as a new handgun does, but maybe you could spice it up a bit? Buy a toy gun, and tie the gift card to it with a bow? Women love creative stuff like that.
See, you said it z0mbi I think I am thinking the cool box and ribbon deal on christmas day mode. The toy gun with the gift card is a A+1 , z0mbi do you mind if I steal your idea?

Back
Top Bottom