Gun friendly retirement

Interesting.
I lived in Silver City when I left MA. Nice downtown, 1800's buildings, etc. Claimed to be the hometown of Billy the Kid. Real western culture. We lived outside of town on 10 acres on the rim of Wind Canyon at 6,000 ft altitude, watching beautiful sunsets every night over mountains in AZ. Could hike in the canyon for miles. Gila Wilderness just north of us, could walk to it. Camped in it a bit, great weather.
So Why am I in AZ? Healthcare in Silver was terrible, we were always going to Tucson for medical--3 1/2 hours one way. I felt if I had an emergency and needed an ambulance, it would take me to the Gila Medical Center (who kept a helicopter) put me on it and fly me to Tucson.
Finally decided to move to Oracle, about1/2 hour from Tucson. I miss Silver, but I'm 73 and staying alive is at the top of my list.
Retirement in a small town like Oracle (population 3,600) is a good thing.

I would never consider those three states or California, you would have to be born there to endure.

I lived in Maryland for the first 17 years of my life, lived in Connecticut for next 40 or so - and have been quite happy in Georgia for the last five.

Summer here is rough - because of Covid I didn't summer in CT as I have done since we moved down here. But - I'm on the coast, Georgia is a large state, and the weather in land is more moderate.

So, not having been born here, I disagree with your statement. I'm thriving here.

Gainesville Georgia looks really nice. Lots of outdoor activity, close to the Blue Ridge mountains, fishing, camping year-round. SOUTHERN WOMEN 😍

Gainesville Georgia looks really nice. Lots of outdoor activity, close to the Blue Ridge mountains, fishing, camping year-round. SOUTHERN WOMEN 😍
My wife's cousin moved to I think Rock Spring, Georgia. I know it's near the Tennessee state line.
anyways, He loves it there, and married a southern woman. Married 16years. He was born and raised in RI

^lol, we have our dogs here, too. How many hot chicks have you seen in a Toyota Primus with pocahontas stickers on it?

All regions/ethnicities/races have beautiful and hideous people. But, the South has exceptionally high levels of both obesity and drug abuse.

I've lived in AL, reality and fantasy don't dovetail.

1) Where ever you move, make a point of leaving California habits at the border. Biggest issue here in New England is that people move from the less rural but suffering states like CT, MA, and NY to the more rural areas and freer states only to begin whining they need more trash pickup, etc. I live in Maine. IT's nothing short of gorgeous here. There are very very few firearm laws here and we are a constitutional carry state (that means no permits). I can not tell you how wonderful and satisfying it feels to move to a state permanently like this one knowing your 2A rights are protected and respected. Blend in with your fellow free-staters.

2) Maine has a reputation of long, hard winters. They can be, I guess, but right now we're in a swing of weather that mimics Connecticut right now. Anyway, seasons here are mild and wonderful. Mountains and oceans available with a short drive. Fishing, shooting, hunting, etc. etc. all avaialble even in your back yard. That was one of my dreams and it came true.

3) Economy here is really pretty good from our perspective. You could see it differently if you're on the dole or below poverty levels but the people here are industrious, entrepenurial, and generally happy not to mention very friendly. Extremely low crime rate. IT's a very friendly state unlike CT where I came from. Sell your 1/4 acre mansion for 3/4 million dollars and buy something close to the beach for $350-450k There are a ton of houses for sale in that level. You'll get privacy and your taxes will be a pittance compared to what you're paying now!

Interesting.
I lived in Silver City when I left MA. Nice downtown, 1800's buildings, etc. Claimed to be the hometown of Billy the Kid. Real western culture. We lived outside of town on 10 acres on the rim of Wind Canyon at 6,000 ft altitude, watching beautiful sunsets every night over mountains in AZ. Could hike in the canyon for miles. Gila Wilderness just north of us, could walk to it. Camped in it a bit, great weather.
So Why am I in AZ? Healthcare in Silver was terrible, we were always going to Tucson for medical--3 1/2 hours one way. I felt if I had an emergency and needed an ambulance, it would take me to the Gila Medical Center (who kept a helicopter) put me on it and fly me to Tucson.
Finally decided to move to Oracle, about1/2 hour from Tucson. I miss Silver, but I'm 73 and staying alive is at the top of my list.
Retirement in a small town like Oracle (population 3,600) is a good thing.

I don't know about the hospitals, but I have two friends who were paramedics before retiring and moving to AZ. Both have commented several times on how bad EMS is in the state.

All regions/ethnicities/races have beautiful and hideous people. But, the South has exceptionally high levels of both obesity and drug abuse.

I've lived in AL, reality and fantasy don't dovetail.

It's like anywhere else. There are fat people, drug users, skinny people, tea totalers, nice people and a holes.

My son and daughter in law lived on the Gulf Coast for five years. Met a lot of good people, met some nitwits. He got a promotion so they moved to SC. Met more people, some nice, some a holes.

Both love living out of the northeast and have adopted the southern life style. Which they are passing on to their kids.

tell me more about the southern women

Talia Lin, FTW.

3) Economy here is really pretty good from our perspective. You could see it differently if you're on the dole or below poverty levels but the people here are industrious, entrepenurial, and generally happy not to mention very friendly.
You'll be clamoring to leave soon enough
as the Deep State continues to undo
Gov. LePage's progress.

Back
Top Bottom