• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun free zones....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd share a strange experience. Last week I went to a small musical performance outside Boston. I was carrying per usual and after forking over the tickets the bouncer starts to frisk me (we were first in line, I didn't know they were searching people). I'm not breaking any laws and I'd prefer not to make a scene so I just let him continue. He frisks directly over my pistol and misses it entirely. We went on to enjoy the show uninterrupted. I guess not looking like a thug probably helped me out but it just goes to show how pointless these policies are.

Need to be careful fellas... Tell people where they DON'T check today, and they WILL check tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

That is why there is a sticky here FORBIDDING these questions. Mods just haven't seen this yet.

Thought I'd share a strange experience. Last week I went to a small musical performance outside Boston. I was carrying per usual and after forking over the tickets the bouncer starts to frisk me (we were first in line, I didn't know they were searching people). I'm not breaking any laws and I'd prefer not to make a scene so I just let him continue. He frisks directly over my pistol and misses it entirely. We went on to enjoy the show uninterrupted. I guess not looking like a thug probably helped me out but it just goes to show how pointless these policies are.

Most of this stuff is just "security theater" for the sake of appearances or insurance bullshit, etc. Most of it is pretty much a joke.

FTR this topic is pretty much verboten around here, but at least you didn't out the venue. buttoning this up and trashing the rest.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom