• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Free Zone?

Why the hell would he take it off? There is no binding signage in
MA on private property...

Regardless, sounds like someone had their booger hook on the
bang switch when it didn't belong there.

-Mike

Why the hell would he take it off? There is no binding signage in MA on private property...

Regardless, sounds like someone had their booger hook on the bang switch when it didn't belong there.
SALEM, N.H. -- A 26-year-old Pelham man shot himself in the leg last night while trying to secure a gun in his vehicle before going shopping, police said.
What about in New Hampshire?

In OH those are a minor misdeameanor and I ignore private property signs routinely. I only heed those where it's a felony if caught.

And currently there is a bill in the House to significantly relax the prohibitions.

There are people teaching Massachusetts CCW courses telling the students incorrectly that the following places are off limits to LTC holders:

Bars
Stadiums
Shopping Malls
Post Office (lets not get into this one)
Public Gatherings

Maybe the guy went to one of these courses. Please don't ask me to name names.

I hear the "no weapons" forcefield around the mall was the cause. He tried to move forward with the weapon but the field shoved back, firing the weapon right there in his holster.

If I were in NH I wouldn't pay any attention to 'No Gun' signage unless the law stated it was illegal (federal buildings, court house). If asked to leave I'd leave. If I bought anything from there place, I'd probably go back and return it later.

Post Office (lets not get into this one)
Any responsible instructor who takes the position that the part of the law that they do not print on the post office poster (a position many attorneys take, and I believe Chief GLidden takes in his book) would also explain this is (a) unsettled as in no clear precedent setting court decsion; (b) there is the very real chance someone in a position of power would not be aware of the exemption when making a field decision on "arrest vs. wish the citizen a nice day"; and (c) if they ask any postal employee they will be told the "incident to lawful purposes" does not apply to civilian concealed carry.

I can understand and accept someone's reticence to name names of these instructors here, but if they are NRA certified instructors, I would strongly urge that they be reported to the NRA Training Division (assuming that one has first-hand knowledge). The same goes for instructors who cut corners or otherwise do a poor job of teaching their students, and training counselors who offer to get you certified to teach six different NRA courses over a weekend. As Keith regularly points out, what you tolerate, you validate.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom