• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun found at Baltimore airport shuts 2 terminals

NES Member
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060922/ts_nm/security_bwi_dc_2

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A gun found in a carry-on bag at a security checkpoint at Baltimore-Washington International Airport prompted authorities to shut two terminals on Friday, a security official said.

The firearm was discovered shortly before 7 a.m. and did not make it through the screening, said Carrie Harmon, a spokeswoman for the Transportation Security Administration.

The airport's terminals A and B were closed and passengers were being brought out from these areas and rescreened, Harmon said by telephone.

The gun was turned over to law enforcement officials, she said.

Shutting down two terminals seems a tad over the top...

But Derek, it was a gun. And guns kill people, don't you know that? In fact guns are the only inanimate objects that are not inanimate. They are also the only non-living creature with malice in its heart. This is a dangerous, dangerous situation!!!

Quick!! Somebody pass a law before we're all killed!

Shutting down two terminals seems a tad over the top...

I was going to say the same thing...

We're talking about a carry on bag, that they caught. Just move him into the back room and grill him for three hours.

Just like they did to my Brother-in-law when he came back for his R&R because he had a shot bullet head in his pocket that he picked up over there...it was flat...or compressed, or whatever you want to call it.

Which pissed him off because he said that they will let you bring back shrapnel, but not a bullet. Anyway, sorry OT..

No need to do all that when they got the person with the gun. I can see trying to rescreen anyone that just went through, or traveling with the person, or on that same flight.

But two terminals? Come on!

Just like they did to my Brother-in-law when he came back for his R&R because he had a shot bullet head in his pocket that he picked up over there...it was flat...or compressed, or whatever you want to call it.

Which pissed him off because he said that they will let you bring back shrapnel, but not a bullet. Anyway, sorry OT..

They obviously prefer that the bullets be carried internally when our boys & girls come back from overseas. [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom