• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Gun enthusiasts" arrested on way to rescue junkie

I read this frequently here, but I'd like to hear about a single case where it has actually happened. Yes it's possible but I wouldn't let it stop me

There are LE bulletins circulating in shithole states that tell LEOs how to identify "gun owners" via stickers etc. "Tells" like that when you're in an overwhelmingly anti state are never going to work in your favor.

ETA: A few years ago someone actually posted one of these bulletins, but I can't find the damned thread....

-Mike

There are LE bulletins circulating in shithole states that tell LEOs how to identify "gun owners" via stickers etc. "Tells" like that when you're in an overwhelmingly anti state are never going to work in your favor.

ETA: A few years ago someone actually posted one of these bulletins, but I can't find the damned thread....

-Mike

vGwSzAn.jpg

https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...more-Police-Issue-2nd-Amendment-Decal-Warning

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/142722-Thin-Blue-Line-Somerville-PD

Creepy... I knew the bulletin you were referring to, Google imaged searched for it and the first hit I got was for a post I made 5 years ago

that I had completely forgotten about.

Last edited:
I'm sure some busy-body-do-gooder on facebook reported him. Publicly announcing that you are going in hot into NY was not smaht.

Having an unmistakable vehicle just helped finding him in traffic.

If he had kept his mouth shut and chosen a more nondescript mode of transportation, his mission would have had a much higher chance of success.

If the stuff had been stored properly, they could have claimed FOPA protection for everything except the mags.

These guys are clearly idiots. If you are going to "sneak" into NY, you might want to use something more low key, like a red Hummer.

Don

I read this frequently here, but I'd like to hear about a single case where it has actually happened. Yes it's possible but I wouldn't let it stop me

In Garland, Texas, a police officer used an NRA sticker on a vehicle as PC to conduct a search in the course of a traffic stop. The search turned up a firearm which was being improperly transported. The defendant was convicted at trial but (thankfully) the conviction was later overturned on appeal.

That vehicle was NOT pulled over for a cracked windshield.

Agreed. He should have rented a Prius with a trunk and kept it simple. Rarely do movie-style plans go well, especially when "invading" a liberal mecca like NYC.

Also, they are going to free some junky from heroin and decide to smoke up on the ride?

If the stuff had been stored properly, they could have claimed FOPA protection for everything except the mags.

These guys are clearly idiots. If you are going to "sneak" into NY, you might want to use something more low key, like a red Hummer.

Don

FOPA would not have been available for him as a defense, even if the firearms and ammunition were being transported as described, because he would not have been lawful to possess in his destination (Brooklyn).

FOPA would not have been available for him as a defense, even if the firearms and ammunition were being transported as described, because he would not have been lawful to possess in his destination (Brooklyn).

What if his destination was a deep sea fishing trip in international waters with an unnamed drug dealer?

That vehicle was NOT pulled over for a cracked windshield.

I hope they have a sharp lawyer...

Did Second Amendment sticker lead to gun cache arrests outside Holland Tunnel?

JERSEY CITY — The attorneys for three people arrested after police found a cache of guns in their SUV outside the Holland Tunnel said Wednesday their clients were pulled over only because of a pro-Second Amendment rights sticker on their car.

-------------------------------------

The brightly colored car was apparently wrapped in logos for multiple businesses – including that of Higher Ground Tactical, an indoor shooting range and gun dealership in Upper Milford Township that Cramsey owns. The car, Lisa said, also had pro-Second Amendment and other gun-related stickers and messages on it.

In Garland, Texas, a police officer used an NRA sticker on a vehicle as PC to conduct a search in the course of a traffic stop. The search turned up a firearm which was being improperly transported. The defendant was convicted at trial but (thankfully) the conviction was later overturned on appeal.

Jeffrey L. Estep, Plaintiff-appellant, v. Dallas County, Texas, Et. Al., Defendants,william F. Peace, Conley, Officer; J.c. Quillen, Defendants-appellees,

Proper ruling, but all that means is that they'll find some other excuse or reason to pull someone over and/or conduct an illegal search.

The cops have also been known to pull over vehicles and attempt to conducted a search for having Grateful Dead stickers on the car.

Last edited:
I'm sure some busy-body-do-gooder on facebook reported him. Publicly announcing that you are going in hot into NY was not smaht.

Having an unmistakable vehicle just helped finding him in traffic.

If he had kept his mouth shut and chosen a more nondescript mode of transportation, his mission would have had a much higher chance of success.

It like those dummies who post things on FB like "checking in" or "I'm vacationing in Playa del Carmen all week." No one's home. Come burglarize my house.

Agreed. He should have rented a Prius with a trunk and kept it simple. Rarely do movie-style plans go well, especially when "invading" a liberal mecca like NYC.

Also, they are going to free some junky from heroin and decide to smoke up on the ride?
That is the other weird part here.... rescue a junkie? Unless the person literally is kidnapped and genuinely wants to be freed, don't even think of entertaining such ideas. They have to want the "rescue" too, otherwise they will immediately run back to their captors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I didn't know these guys were still in jail, sad thing about it is that if they were gang-banging shitheels, they would have been sprung within hours to a few days...

Bail Reduced for 2 Arrested at Holland Tunnel With Weapons

A New Jersey judge has reduced bail for two Pennsylvania residents who were arrested in June with another man for trying to drive into New York City with a cache of weapons.

Dean Smith and Kimberly Arendt had been jailed on $75,000 cash bail. The judge on Friday reduced their bail to $25,000 cash, with the option of posting 10 percent.

Both families are working to post bond.

The co-defendants and another Pennsylvania resident, John Cramsey, were detained as they prepared to enter the Holland Tunnel.

Cramsey, whose daughter died of a heroin overdose in February, posted online shortly before the arrest that he was heading to New York to "rescue" a 16-year-old girl whose friend had overdosed. He's already been released on bond.

All three have pleaded not guilty to weapons charges.

Back
Top Bottom