Gun Dreams

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
I had my first dream involving me using a gun.

I'm walking down the street in my grandmother's old neighborhood and a 'punk' comes towards me, with his hand on his waist on a small pistol. As I instintively lift my shirt and uncover my .45, he says, 'Give me all your stuff, dude.' As he sees my hand on the butt of my .45 he says, 'It's cool dude, no problem, have a nice day." and continues walking past me.

I turn around still with my hand on my gun and he says, "You steal your gun too?". I respond 'nope' and he keeps walking. I headed for my Grandmother's house to call the cops but watched him go across the street where a bunch of kids we playing in the front yard. He pulled out his gun and told them he wanted whatever they had. I pulled my gun out, ran over there and told him to drop his gun.

He turned, took a shot at me, with the .22 pistol (at that point I realized it was a .22), I ducked behind a big tree, screamed at the kids to run inside and call 911...he shot again. I returned fire, caught him in the left shoulder and he fired again (gun was in his right hand). I remember thinking why didn't he go down?

I fired again hitting him in the right shoulder and although he couldn't raise the gun he didn't drop it. Again I think, why didn't he go down..I hit him with a .45! Also I'm thinking what a crappy shot I am.

Anyhow, I held him at gunpoint as he stood there leaning against a car and waited for the cops to come.

It was really weird as my grandmother moved out of that neighborhod 30+ years ago when she was in her 80's and I don't think I've been there since. I also don't usually have very vivid, lasting dreams. They go away as soon as I wake up, but this one didn't. It was very real, clear and still with me.

Anyone else have any dreams of like nature?

maybe your sights are off a bit. that could be the whole purpose of the dream....you should sight it in again...

Everytime I have a dream of using a gun, it's dirty and won't function, and when I finally clear it I have either bad ammo or the wrong caliber.

I have gun dreams from time to time. For some reason they usually involve me clearing a structure, or area to get innocent people to safety.

My real freaky dreams though, are in gangland. That's what I like to call it, it's not a real place, or at least nothing like I have ever seen or been to before. It's more like a very large fenced in prison like compound. The place is filled with gang members, and I have no weapons, but I am forced to kill my way out of the compound... That one makes me think...

Derek, funny you mention that, you prompted my memory.

In the dream, when I pulled out my 1911, I pulled the trigger and the hammer was already down so I had to cock it...which is weird because I always carry with the hammer back.

Ever since I can remember, when dialing a phone in my dreams, in an emergency, I always get fumble fingers and keep screwing it up...nearly 60 years of dreams about that.

daceman63, they really aren't off, they (in real life) are dead on. I"ll try to remember to check them in my next dream.[grin]

Pilgrim said:
daceman63, they really aren't off, they (in real life) are dead on. I"ll try to remember to check them in my next dream.[grin]

I was just trying to throw some ideas out there as to why you hit him in the shoulder twice. Could have just been nerves....sounds like there was a lot going on...[grin]

I used to have crazy gun dreams.......too "out there" for me to post....lol They've stopped for over four years now so I think I'm cured....lmao

clearly this all stems from not being Breast fed as a child..
041.gif

daceman63 said:
I used to have crazy gun dreams.......too "out there" for me to post....lol They've stopped for over four years now so I think I'm cured....lmao

C'mon... post em up! If there gone now, and you're cured, no biggie! [smile]

I had a dream that my mom bought me one of the new S&W model 460s...

Apparently I watched "Police Academy" one too many times... [laugh]

When I have dreams like that, I'm usually using something like a .45... but the bullets are moving so slow that the BG I'm shooting just pretty much shrugs them off. He just won't drop!

Time to load my dream-rounds hotter... [smile] Or start dreaming of an S&W 500. [devil]

I'd settle for seeing a goblin tumble like that instead. [devil]

Might have a hard time explaining to the cop why I'm laughing so hard, though.

derek said:
Everytime I have a dream of using a gun, it's dirty and won't function, and when I finally clear it I have either bad ammo or the wrong caliber.

ROTLMAO!!! That means you are overly stressed and are in fear of losing control of everything in your life.[smile]

Shit... if someone tried to analyze my dreams I'd be in a damn stright jacket. I can't make heads or tails of mine.

BUT.... I do think that kind of dream, along with dreams of running but not going anywhere.... fighting someone until your hands are tired and all ripped apart yet your adversary isn't even scratched.... these are all symbolic of fear of losing control or worrying.

Just shooting from the hip on this one (I consider myself very good at interpreting dreams, but the better I know the person the better I can read the dream)

In a dream all laws of the universe are off. You can fly, you can jump off of bulidings and not be harmed, you can talk to people who have been dead for hundreds of years.

But these events are created from your own mind, so what your imagination projects is how the world works.

You're shots didn't hit center of mass because inside you are nervous that maybe you won't be able to shoot well under pressure (or just that you aren't confident in your overall ability....if I knew you better I could nail that one down)

The man didn't go down because you are personally unsure what exactly a .45 would do to a man. The hammer was down on the .45 maybe because you're concerned that when you need the gun it might not be ready, or in the dream you weren't ready to shoot as soon as the gun cleared the holster, so your mind MADE the hammer be down to give you an extra beat to figgure out how this scene was going to resolve. (Remember that you noticed the .22 was a .22 only after it was fired...it might have been a .38 before, dreams are weird like that).

Again I'm just shooting from the hip on this one, but hopefully a few of my shots landed in the black! [smile]

Sweet dreams my friend!

-Weer'd Beard

I haven't remembered any of my dreams for a while now. Which is unusual. Probably why I've been feeling run down lately, too.

Though I'd like to put in a request with the Dream Gods- if I have a dream with guns in it, can they be full auto?

Damn... never had a gun dream before that I can recall and last night I had a vivid one (at least in some ways)! I think it was because before I went to bed I was reading the IDPA COF stages and practiced that day.

In my dream there were some bad guys running around inside a house.. but for some reason there was lots of cover and I couldn't get clear shots on any of them. The weird thing about the dream was everytime I went to take a shot on the bad guy my support hand index figure was inside the trigger guard and I couldn't pull the trigger. It was stressing the hell out of me!!! I'm certain that this happened in my dream because the IDPA instructor at practice last night had corrected someone for having his finger too close to the trigger/trigger guard while reloading (instead of next to the slide).

Now if my shooting was anything like the practice... I'd know that none of the bad guys would have got hit anyway. :(

Only gun dream I remember is when I was in a men's room, coming out, and a BG comes in with a wierd face mask. He shuts off the lights and says "time to die". All I see is his glowing eyes.

I pull out the Colt Pony Pocketlite (in .380) that I used to carry , point it at him and yell "MOVE!!" as loud as I can, knowing that I was going to instantly and happily pull the trigger as many times as I needed to.

I didn't want to though, because I was afraid of the report against the wall tiles was going to be very loud. I was hoping he'd just move.

I woke up then.

Just had one myself last night...

2 People, breaking into my house. It was one of those dreams that was almost too real feeling. In fact, when I woke, I went and made sure my house was still secure, and stood in the kitchen for about 10 minutes listening outside...

Anyway, in the dream, I heard the break-in. I grabbed my nighttime gun, and woke Kim, to go into the kid's room, with the phone and call 911. I made it over to the office, and got to my safe (a handgun is only to fight your way to your rifle) opened the safe just in time for the BG's to start shooting into the office door. I grabbed my AK, put a full 30 rounder into it, and waited. When the came into the room, I went to fire, but the AK trigger wouldn't budge. It felt like a safety was on, and I couldn't move the trigger. I dropped it, and grabbed my handgun again. The trigger on my handgun was locked up too. I used my support hand trigger finger on top of my shooting hand trigger finger to pull the trigger. The gun finally fired. I hit one in the thigh, and they both moved out of the room. I dropped the gun, and pulled my 1911 out of the safe. Put in a full mag, racked the slide and went out of the room to make sure they were leaving. I was forced to use the gun again, and the same thing happened with the trigger again. I managed to get 2 shots off before I thought I broke my finger pulling the trigger. I ran back into the office, pulled another gun out of the safe, and yep, you guessed it, same thing again... I eventually ended up finishing the job...

This morning, after I was done getting ready for work, can you guess what I did to the 4 guns that wouldn't work? Yep, I checked their triggers.. They were all fine!

Strange one...

Adam

I've had dreams where I've emptied all 8 rounds of .45 I keep at the ready into someone's skull and they keep coming, and are still advancing after I fire my mag empty 3 times.

When I first went downrange at Knox, I had dreams about firing a Ma Deuce at faceless hordes of advancing infantry, and not being able to fend them off as one of my teammates lay dying and bleeding at my feet.

Maybe this represents a feeling of inadequacy?

ok, we've got the gun won't fire because:

not cocked,
safety on,
bad ammo,
wrong caliber ammo,
trigger wouldn't move,
no strength.

Didn't want to shoot because it would be too loud.

Then the BG wouldn't go down despite shots to the shoulders, one in the thigh, 3 mags emptied into the skull. Then a .50cal won't stop the hoards.

Seems like we've got a lot of people who really don't want to shoot anyone and if we do, are afraid that it won't effectively stop the bad guy.

There's gotta be some interesting psychology in there somewhere. A bunch of gun 'nutz' who deep down inside don't want to shoot anyone.

I wonder what that says to the Libs?

Pilgrim said:
Seems like we've got a lot of people who really don't want to shoot anyone and if we do, are afraid that it won't effectively stop the bad guy.

There's gotta be some interesting psychology in there somewhere. A bunch of gun 'nutz' who deep down inside don't want to shoot anyone.

I think that is probably true. I also think there is so much uncertainty in any given situation that could come up... it makes us doubt so many things... like our proficiency in handling our firearms in a stressful situation.

What's really strange is that so mnay of us have so many similar dreams... outright weird.

I had a firearm dream a year or so back that I still remember vividly to this day. It started with me watching TV with my girlfriend one rainy summer Sunday afternoon when I hear a gunshot outside an open window. I get up, look outside and see down the street my neighbor waiving a revolver over his head and yelling his head off. At his feet is his wife, who look like she's been thrown to the pavement by her husband. Her arm is in front of her face like she's trying to defend her head from being kicked. She pleading something to him.

I run to my gun closet and grab my M1A and a 20 round mag that I keep loaded and run outside. As I get to the door I insert the mag and chamber a round. Once outside I look down the street and the neighbor is randomly pointing the revolver at his wife. At this point the entire neighborhood is out of thier houses watching whats going on.

I immediately get on the ground and take up my Highpower prone position and take aim on my nieghbor who's at most 150 yards away. I distinctly hear him yell, "Say Goodbye!" and he points the revolver at her head. She screaming and in that split second, I pull the trigger.

And MISS! Immediately after my bullet hits his garage door behind him, he shoots his wife. Before I can get a second shot off he ducks back into the house via a side door. I look up and every neighbor I see is not looking at the poor wife, but looking directly at me. All have this look like "How could you miss!" )

I wake up at this point. The girlfriend is still sound asleep next to me and it's 3AM. Theres a cold sweat on me and the fear you get after waking up to a bad dream is dissapating.

I remember thinking to myself, if it had been an actual scenario or if that woman on the ground was a loved one, would I be able to make that shot?

I hope I never have to find out for real. There's many posts on SHTF scenarios. Things about what we'll carry and what we'll do. I wonder if it actually came down to it, could I make that shot. Could I live with the consequence if I didn't? I didn't sleep much more that night.

The day after the dream I remember going to the range and for the first time "REALLY" took practicing seriously. Don't get me wrong, I had fun and always will when at the range. But I was paying more attention as to why I didn't hit where I intended.

I have a dream from time to time that I notice someone with a gun on the street, I step in front of my wife and kids and get shot myself, I fall to the ground but when I hit the sidewalk I fall right thru... and keep falling.......... odd huh?

BillK said:
I have a dream from time to time that I notice someone with a gun on the street, I step in front of my wife and kids and get shot myself, I fall to the ground but when I hit the sidewalk I fall right thru... and keep falling.......... odd huh?

you're going straight to Hell, that's where you're going.

Back
Top Bottom