Gun Debate on NPR right now

I heard some of it. David Kopel (sp?) was on with a voice of reason. In typical NPR fashion the last caller was allegedly a gun owner in favor of special licensing to own "assault weapons" and they led out with the dipshit gun grabbers last comments.

I thought the host (ray Suarez?) was, atypically, somewhat neutral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny no one mentioned Lois Beckett from The Guardian who said Democrats need to rethink their position on gun prohibition. She also mentioned something to the effect that gun owners know far more about the subject matter than those opposed to owning guns, and she said the vast majority of guns are not used in crime. She seemed to lament gun laws being passed to impact gun owners when only a small percentage of those in possession of guns were using them to commit crimes.

Professor Donohue was a classic ban-our-way-to-Utopia gun prohibitionist. He repeatedly cited his study claiming concealed carry results in increased crime and touted _solutions_ that could have come from any gun prohibition group or Democratic Party talking points.

Kopel from Cato pointed out some serious flaws in Donohue's study, while agreeing with one of its findings.

Overall, Beckett made the best points during the program. Her position seems to have evolved over the past few years.

they may be realizing this issue cost them the White House

The left is good at the long game. As long as they continue to indoctrinate our youth using the media, Hollywood, the screwels, etc, they will move their agenda forward toward total ban on civilian ownership of firearms.

Whatever it takes. They are actively trying to get Trump impeached and thrown out of office.

Last edited:
The left is good at the long game. As long as they continue to indoctrinate our youth using the media, Hollywood, the screwels, etc, they will move their agenda forward toward total ban on civilian ownership of firearms.

Oh? What steps are you folks taking to engage "the youth" about an alternative to this agenda? The "get-off-my-lawn" tactic won't work....

Whatever it takes. They are actively trying to get Trump impeached and thrown out of office.

This may be true of the handful of very liberal states, it's not the case in Red and/or Pro Gun states. We have friends in Georgia and the Carolinas that have very active youth gun programs to teach safety and responsible shooting. As more states go pro gun, I see this expanding more and more. The left is in it for the long game, but their waiting has seen their overall influence shrink with the exception of the very uber left states.

Back
Top Bottom