• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun control rally at statehouse on Tuesday

I am for gun safety.

Why wasn't I notified of this rally?

Are these people really for gun safety, or do they just want to take away guns from law abiding citizens?

Could you imagine what a pathetic existence you would have if you only cause was to take away another persons civil rights?

Unbelievable,

they should all just hold up signs that read:

"citizens for denying the rights of other citizens who have never done anything wrong simply because we can..."

"do it for the children"

that would be a good representation of their cause don't ya think?

...and they have been getting free press since at least last night on the local news networks too. There are going to be "hundreds". What about the over Thousand that were there in January and the other rallies that have been on the Common?!

I just heard about this on Fox 25 about 15 min ago when that fat POS VB was singing the praises of Ed Davis and current boston overlord Evans. His 2 minutes were filled with lies and BS, no surprise from him. He was saying 'the NRA is happy, police chiefs are not so this is not a good thing' and spouting his complete lack of understanding of anything gun related. What a POS.

mother of pearl i hope like 10 people show up for that, with the press theyve been getting it would really make them look foolish.

Anyone want to run a "get your free steak tips" cart about a block away at the same time the news is broadcasting "such a large turnout?"

I just heard about this on Fox 25 about 15 min ago when that fat POS VB was singing the praises of Ed Davis and current boston overlord Evans. His 2 minutes were filled with lies and BS, no surprise from him. He was saying 'the NRA is happy, police chiefs are not so this is not a good thing' and spouting his complete lack of understanding of anything gun related. What a POS.

Boston Strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted the following comment:
This rally is not about "Gun Safety". What is it about? It is simply to further restrict legal gun ownership.
The current bill includes 95% of the demands of the anti-gun lobby including: universal background checks, mental health reporting to NICS, school resource officers, suicide awareness training, etc. What it doesn't include is the ability for a chief of police to deny an FID to a person who has no legal prohibitions from owning a rifle or shotgun. This "suitability" clause contains the same wording that State Rep Cynthia Creem (D) testified as being abused by certain police chiefs in the issuance of other gun licenses.
During the 18 moths of public hearings lead by Rep Hank Naughton, only one anecdotal case of FID suitability was presented. Not one chief presented an actual case were an FID holder committed a crime that would have been prevented had the chief been able to deny the FID card. Given that these cards are primarily held by senior citizens and teens for the purpose of hunting or sport and are only good for rifles and shotguns, there is no violence problem caused by the current law. Any change is simply to limit the number of legal gun owners (hunters and sportsmen/women) who have shown no propensity to illegal or violent acts.
Gun owners were asked to come to the table with an open mind and negotiate a bipartisan bill that would address mental health, guns and our schools in a meaningful way. Gun owners lived up to this and support the current bill as amended by the state Senate. Why are the police chiefs and the anti-gun lobby stepping away and demanding more this late in the process?

I was listening to that piece of crap as well. Can't believe how clueless he is about 2nd amendment rights. Funny how journalists only care about the first amendment without realizing you need the 2nd to make sure they don't take away the first.

Well lets keep calling our reps. That's what they are pissed about.

It looks like we could almost be close to securing something we can live with if we have to. But this rally could be a serious threat to that happening. I can see a lot of bad things being added back into the bill and then rammed through at the last minute before adjournment. So we all do have to keep the pressure on by calling an writing our reps and senators. Goodlife30 has it exactly right! I'm staring not to feel good about this! I think we may have been set up and could get out maneuvered!

Someone needs to get pictures. I want to send them to my reps, as well as the ones I have from the rallies I attended. You know, to show the difference :)

Not for nothing, but he's been on a major diet/exercise program, and has lost something like 60lbs in 2014. He's still a dumbass sometimes, but he's not 'fat' any more.

Fox 25 is doing a great job of showing where they stand on 2A issues.

They've had this story in heavy rotation all morning, based ostensibly on the fact that 2 BPD Commissioners are going to be in attendance.

Last month GOAL's rally had more than a dozen state legislators including some high ranking Democrats in attendance, out on the State House stairs and they didn't mention the rally once.

Gun owners were asked to come to the table with an open mind and negotiate a bipartisan bill that would address mental health, guns and our schools in a meaningful way. Gun owners lived up to this and support the current bill as amended by the state Senate. Why are the police chiefs and the anti-gun lobby stepping away and demanding more this late in the process?
Are you out of your ever loving mind? Please, speak for yourself only. Don't make it sound like I, or the people I know, support this garbage.

Fox 25 is doing a great job of showing where they stand on 2A issues.

They've had this story in heavy rotation all morning, based ostensibly on the fact that 2 BPD Commissioners are going to be in attendance.

Last month GOAL's rally had more than a dozen state legislators including some high ranking Democrats in attendance, out on the State House stairs and they didn't mention the rally once.

keep the police chiefs happy and you get the "breaking news, sources in BPD say..." type headlines more often

We can offset this BS by calling our Reps and the Speakers office to show that we support S2284. We can outnumber them. Get on the phone now.

Also, RE the title, the planned event is a gun prohibition rally or at the least a gun restriction rally, not a gun "control" rally.

Back
Top Bottom