• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Control in Vermont Advances in the VT House

Old news. I believe the bill is in a house/senate conference committee at this point and the big question now is this:

Dem Gov. Pete Schumlin (who barely won re-election last November against an almost unknown Republican challenger) has repeatedly stated he is opposed to any new gun laws. Will he sign this egregious, Bloomturd-backed piece of sh*t bill when it reaches his desk anyway? I don't like the odds, despite his earlier reassurances that he would not.

If you're a Vermont gun owner, call his office right now and ask him if he really wants to make a liar out of himself.

The new version of the bill seeks to allow VT to prosecute people accused of breaking the federal prohibited person laws. These cases are prosecuted by the Feds and in all but the most egregious cases are usually dropped or never pursued by the Feds.

The second part creates a database of people with (serious) mental disorders. These people would be excluded from ownership. This is the most concerning part of the bill, even though examples of serious mental illness are spelled out what exactly constitutes mental illness. A person is on the list for 5 years and then can petition to be removed.

Like Whut says above, the Governor has stated VT does not need new gun laws. He recently said something like this "I will worry, I mean think about this bill when, I mean if it hits my desk".

Keep up the pressure on YOUR elected officials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom