• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Control in the Omnibus

Junior314

NES Life Member
NES Member
Didn't see this anywhere else so here we go...

GOA sent out a newsletter today and one of the blurbs mentioned that the Omnibus bill contained gun-control measures. From what I gathered it was the Fix NICS verbage? I was under the impression that was dead in the water? What I felt to be important from the short blurb below.

"*The Omnibus bill, that the President signed, contains a gun control provision (Fix NICS) which could strip millions of veterans, seniors, medical marijuana smokers, traffic ticket violators, and others of their constitutional rights -- without substantive due process.

*Late last year, the House leadership team guaranteed that the anti-gun Fix NICS bill would not move separately, without reciprocity added. But that was a lie. And as a result, many pro-gun congressmen are upset.

*The bill also contained a “school safety proposal,” which prohibits money from being used for guns and gun training. So none of the Omnibus funds can be used to arm teachers -- or school resource officers, such as the hero who stopped a shooting at a Maryland school this week.

By the way, some congressmen will try to fool voters in their district by appealing to the fact that they voted against the omnibus on final passage.What this ignores is that they voted FOR the bill before they voted against it -- hence the reason that the rule vote was so important."

The more I hear about how gun control has been snuck into unrelated bills, then too bad its the law of the land now... no it isn't.

So the only thing the democrats didn't get in the omnibus was a DACA amnesty and an outright gun ban.....because they need something to campaign with in the coming 2018 bloodbath midterms

If only Republicans controlled the HOR and Senate...ohh that's right.

Vote for me...Vote for me...I will agree with and will represent you and your values if you just vote for me...[banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead][banghead]

Back
Top Bottom