• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun control in liberal cities

If you want proof that gun control doesn't work then go to Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles. Then tell me, what more proof will you need?
There is 0 gun control. Ever see how may bystanders are shot in those cities? It also takes 4 cops full mag dumps to take out a perp at 5 yards, and usually they only get 2, maybe 3 shots on target.

Here's the messed up part. Chicago is a permit state. Permits for pistols and long guns, if I'm not mistaken. But when it comes time to tally the total carnage from gun violence, they're never going to make columns for legal and illegal gun owners. It will just get lumped into one, leaving legal, responsible owners taking the fall from everyone who obtained a gun illegally and then shot someone in a crime. So if you draft crazy gun laws, they only affect the legal, lawful owners, but they do nothing for the people perpetrating these crimes, as they're just going to do what they do illegally anyway.

Hell, even if this was a free state, they would still be ignoring the root cause. Go after the individual, not the implement.

I believe I read somewhere that 3500 gun related shootings happened in Chicago last year (2020) alone. The year was pretty much covid covered so I think they did their social distancing and just reached out to each other via the bullet!!LOL

Here's the messed up part. Chicago is a permit state. Permits for pistols and long guns, if I'm not mistaken. But when it comes time to tally the total carnage from gun violence, they're never going to make columns for legal and illegal gun owners. It will just get lumped into one, leaving legal, responsible owners taking the fall from everyone who obtained a gun illegally and then shot someone in a crime. So if you draft crazy gun laws, they only affect the legal, lawful owners, but they do nothing for the people perpetrating these crimes, as they're just going to do what they do illegally anyway.

Hell, even if this was a free state, they would still be ignoring the root cause. Go after the individual, not the implement.
And the criminals get a slap in the wrist whereas legal gun owners are, more often than not, responsible and law abiding with assets. So they will take as much from the law abiding as they can while allowing the bad guys to keep up their bad work. Self fulling plan.

Can we merge this into the megathread?

The "gun control" remaining in Chicago (after they lost their various lawsuits over the past decade) is about on par with Boston, maybe laxer as the license to carry (claims to be) "shall issue" and Illinois doesn't do "restricted" licenses.

Every once in a while Chicago media does acknowledge that pretty much all the shooters lack a FOID (their FID) and none are licensed to carry, but then they are shouted down as racist/classist.

Yup. Surround the place with barbed wire and throw free ammo over the fence
One time early in the summer the terminally jaded cops were astonished
that Groot had the draw bridges over the Chicago River raised,
to slow down the Mostly Peaceful Protesters' invasion of the downtown.

The cops were thinking more along the lines of Bradley Fighting Vehicles
with their 25mm Bushmasters hosing down anyone who set foot on a bridge.

But the cops were expecting to be ordered to help the Fire Department
erect giant "Welcome Looters!" banners across the streets.

Hence the astonishment.

Back
Top Bottom