• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun control group targets firearms owners with new ads, seeks common ground

You know they’re 100% full of shit when they ignore the fact that autism is projected to be 50% within a decade or 2 at current rates. All about the children my ass. Using children to condition people into accepting giving up their rights is an old tactic.

they seek one sides "compromise": give and get nothing back of value. f*** every single one of them.

Lib fvcktard's definition of compromise: 'you give, we take', same as taxes and freedoms. Or more specifically, we want to take it all, we'll 'compromise' by only taking some. AKA, just the tip.

Anyone have any idea where this stat came from? Besides lala land?
Probably from Chicago and those other democratically run cities that have become crime infested areas after decades of leftist policies.
I do know that before and probably this time too, that they count people into their late teens or even early 20's as children.

LOL. Common Ground. They want to take away ALL of our rights, so the "common ground" is for us to give up half of them, while their side gives up NOTHING. Then they can come back later to take the other half of our rights. OK. Yea. How about they FOAD?

Yea. So when a break in happens, people will have the time to unlock the gun, unlock the ammo and load the gun. If someone wants a set up like this and can make it work, good on them, but this shit should NEVER be a law.
Our "safe storage" laws here in MA are only used to harass and prosecute law-abiding gun owners and I have seen no evidence that one single life has been saved by this law.
I'm pretty sure John Lott did a study on safe storage laws and his conclusion was that they did cost lives. Here is an instance where the law definitely did. The Merced Pitchfork Murders - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

I would have terminated the discussion after the question "do we have a gun?" "Kid, we are not discussing this, you are to stay OUT of my room and mind your OWN business. I catch you looking for a gun, talking to your friends about any guns, frightening your sister and mommy with gun talk, there will be SERIOUS consequences!" Then if the gun was truly under the sweatshirts in the closet with the "bullets" (not clear if the gun is a revolver or a semi auto) in the nightstand, I would have gone to the nearest gun shop / sporting goods store and purchased one of those boxes with the biometric locks. Problem solved.

At that point you will have been flagged as a gun owner who threatened a family member and have the ERPO enacted against you per MA take everything to the limit (and over) laws.

Anyone have any idea where this stat came from? Besides lala land?

My guess is several hundred thousand Bloomberg Bucks worth of focus groups. They will have looked at every possible term associated with firearms they could dredge up, looking for a new hook. "Family fire" very obviously came from "friendly fire."

I can see it now, friendly fire, friendly fire, what can we do with that?

‘Family fire’ will probably catch on as well as ‘assault clips’ did.

I agree, "family fire" is a loser. To people who haven't served, "fire" is the thing in the fireplace, that's all.

You know, if somebody ever bothered to add up all the NON gun related ways you can die and then subtract those gun related ways that are a function of GANG-on-GANG violence and contrast with the innocent lives saved / crimes averted, it would turn out that guns are the greatest humanitarian concept of all time.

*possibly* excluding the use of guns in wartime, but sure as hell, other than that, guns are the best thing since sliced bread.
Exactly, but they willfully ignore all of the crimes that are STOPPED by firearms each year and only look at one side of the argument. Typical leftist tactic.

Lott is the only one that brings this up.

Last edited:
"Common ground" would be bundling shall issue in prohibitive jurisdictions in return for something they want.

"We have to find a way to foster a more rich and common understanding about guns in this country that don’t cause people to go to the other side of the divide," Brown said.

Am I the only one who reads this quote as "We need to find a way to educate people about guns that doesn't show them how full of shit we are and push them to the pro-2A side"?

Sorry , the time for compromise past long ago.
I offered you a dollar and you tried to grab my wallet.

Their definition of compromise is they demand you give them $100. You refuse and they say to give them $50 and then complain that you're unwilling to compromise with them because you're refusing to give while getting nothing in return.

There is no fvcking "common ground" here, either you respect my constitutionally protected rights or you will die violently in your attempt to take them away from me. END OF STORY.

I will give up my guns when every anti gun fool ceases to steal the oxygen from this earth and not a minute sooner.

Here we go, looks like they found a new phrase

"who will think of the children???"

Gun control group targets firearms owners with new ads, seeks common ground
There are many quick-opening small arms lockers out there. Wife and I purchased two of them. They fit between the interior wall studs (one in master bedroom closet and one in utility closet). They open with a 4 digit code and we programmed both with the same code. Each holds a rifle and a 12 gauge pump shotgun. The shotguns are loaded with OO buckshot and rifled slugs. Gives us quick access but at the same time protects our two little girls. This is the only compromise, if you want to call it that, we will accept. An empty gun with ammunition locked in a separate.location is worthless. A pick handle or a kitchen knife would be better.

Back
Top Bottom