• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun-control group faceplants in 2020

The Washington Free Beacon is reporting that Nanny Bloomberg's haven for hoplophobics, Everytown for Gun Safety, fell far short of its spending goal in this year's presidential campaign. The group promised to spend $60 million to ensure that gun control was a major topic during the election. In the event, they actually spent less than half that. Their fundraising is way, way down - only $1 million for the month of September - and the spending they have done has been focused largely on other issues, not gun control.

Apparently, even Democrats are not stupid enough to push gun control in a year when gun purchases are expected to set an all-time record.

Leading Gun-Control Group Abandons $60 Million Spending Pledge

Well, there is also this ideological flip that wanting to be safe from "gun violence" is actually "white privilege".
So that distills down to "racist" or "safe"?

What do you mean by "ideological flip"? Where does this wording you are using come from? Sounds like total BS to me.

[bs]

So that distills down to "racist" or "safe"?

What do you mean by "ideological flip"? Where does this wording you are using come from? Sounds like total BS to me.

[bs]

You're right, it is BS. But that doesn't mean the Democrats aren't saying it. I think this happened in Minneapolis - if not there, then it was one of the other lefty-run cities that's trying to "defund" its police department. Someone asked on Twitter "if there are no police, what do we do when we have a break-in?" A lefty politician actually replied with some drivel along the lines of "the desire to feel safe from crime in one's home is a symptom of white privilege."

One person saying something stupid does not make it a trend. Reject or ignore this person, and it is no longer a discussion. Right?

Fake news, probably not. WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T LET YOUR GUARD DOWN.

They probably spent the money somewhere else on more devious and are spinning a story.

Back
Top Bottom