• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun control debate: House passes bill called ‘unconstitutional’ and ‘unenforceable’

“We must push back, there must be a time when we say it’s gone too far,” said Rep. Doug Isaacson, R-North Pole. “We’re willing to stand behind you. ... Let’s be those who stand up for our people and say enough is enough.”

Awesome.

Haven't other states done this same thing as well? I believe Michigan, Texas, etc? Or am I thinking of something else.

WA has a bill like that in committee right now, and I've been a lazy wanker and not calling people to get it to a vote.

ETA - R-North Pole.
HAHAHAHA

Haven't other states done this same thing as well? I believe Michigan, Texas, etc? Or am I thinking of something else.

IIRC Montana passed a law a few years ago exempting all guns/ammo manufactured and sold within the state from federal law.

WA has a bill like that in committee right now, and I've been a lazy wanker and not calling people to get it to a vote.
ETA - R-North Pole.
HAHAHAHA

well, get off your ass wanker, don't you know what this means for you?

IIRC Montana passed a law a few years ago exempting all guns/ammo manufactured and sold within the state from federal law.

having law on the books is one thing, but when people start actively making full auto shit all across the state in violation to fed laws, that's when things start to get interesting.

The difference is that this bill makes it a crime for federal agents to enforce new federal gun control laws within the state. IIRC most of the other state bills amount to proclamations; without teeth they're meaningless.

Now, whether the state will actually try to enforce it is another matter... but I think it's high time for a resurgence of states' rights.

A lot of states are trying this, but it's just politics. Congress has had the right to regulate interstate commerce for forever, it started small and moved to um...everything. yes everything. Don't you remember reading about that guy that was growing wheat or something in his backyard and they said some craziness about how he fed it to cows down the road and people in other states eat those cows, so his wheat has to be regulated by congress? Federal law will trump state law in this case, but I DO admire states for standing up to this bullshit.

I found it while I was writing this. They have their hands in everything friends....

Wickard v. Filburn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this is the list of states if anyone cares :

Texas, Florida, South Carolina, Missouri, Indiana, Tennesee, Oklahoma, North Dakota, New Mexico, Arizona, Alaska and Wyoming have proposed legislation to either jail federal officials who violate the second amendment or to nullify federal laws to control guns within state borders.

A lot of states are trying this, but it's just politics. Congress has had the right to regulate interstate commerce for forever, it started small and moved to um...everything. yes everything. Don't you remember reading about that guy that was growing wheat or something in his backyard and they said some craziness about how he fed it to cows down the road and people in other states eat those cows, so his wheat has to be regulated by congress? Federal law will trump state law in this case, but I DO admire states for standing up to this bullshit.

I found it while I was writing this. They have their hands in everything friends....

Wickard v. Filburn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The intention was to prevent states from levying import tarriffs and the like on each other, NOT to give Congress nearly unlimited authority to regulate anything they damn well please. This is another example where the Supreme Court got it wrong.

ETA - R-North Pole.
HAHAHAHA

Get off your fat ass and call people you minimum wage bum.

- payback. [wink]

- - - Updated - - -

ETA - R-North Pole.
HAHAHAHA

Get off your fat ass and call people you minimum wage bum.

- payback. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom