Gun-control backers turn focus to domestic violence

The desperation is palpable. Like a football eam down by 30 with 2 min left in the game, yet they keep throwing.

Doesn't this law already exist?
Anyone with either a Felony Conviction or history or Mental Illness (liberals) or history of Domestic Violence can NOT acquire a Weapon, and surely NOT a Concealed Weapon Permit...at least this is what I thought.

I bet abused women around the country are breathing a sigh of relief knowing that terror will now come only from fists, boots, knives, bats, belts, walls, doors, hammers, crow bars, tire irons, pipe wreches, and random found items available around the house.

And the message to abusers should be clear: Do not shoot your victim: If they are dead, you can't hurt them anymore.

This is how Gunsense put a crack in the dam in Vermont last year, and now we're dealing with a UBC/mental-health bill. This isn't an issue of desperation, but a calculated approach. They realized that a full assault wasn't effective, so instead they're chipping away incrementally.

Last edited:
Doesn't this law already exist?
Anyone with either a Felony Conviction or history or Mental Illness (liberals) or history of Domestic Violence can NOT acquire a Weapon, and surely NOT a Concealed Weapon Permit...at least this is what I thought.

Please don't confuse their program with facts.

This is how Gunsense put a crack in the dam in Vermont last year, and now we're dealing with a UBC/mental-health bill. This isn't an issue of desperation, but a calculated approach. They realized that a full assault wasn't effective, so instead they're chipping away.

It's hard to be against preventing domestic violence. That won't "sell" anywhere.

So using the DV approach is a brilliant (on their part) idea that WILL gain traction and likely result in more laws being passed here and there.

All they are doing is convincing me that more women should be armed. I wonder how many cases of domestic violence are committed with firearms vs. cases committed with fists, boots, knives, bats, etc. A woman with a gun makes things a bit more even.

They already consider us criminals for owning guns and they treat us as such. In Ma. we are under the CHSB for our permits.

I think their plans are to turn all of us into some kind of criminal. So we can be legally denied our 2nd Amd rights.

In bringing the battle against firearms ownership to the states, framing gun ownership as a domestic abuse issue as well as a health issue has been the preferred approach.

Back
Top Bottom