Gun consignments question

LLF

NES Member
Question about gun consignments:
Is there any limit on the number of guns a private (non-FFL) lgun owner can consign with a FFL?
For example, if I had a gun collection consisting of 30 guns could I consign them with a FFL all at once?
Or does the "4 gun transactions per year" rule apply?
Thank you.

Is there any limit on the number of guns a private (non-FFL) lgun owner can consign with a FFL?
For example, if I had a gun collection consisting of 30 guns could I consign them with a FFL all at once?
Thank you.
No

None of the ftf limitations apply when using a dealer.

Like most questions posited here, just call your LGS and results will likely vary, I'm finding there are a lot of FFLs that aren't willing to do seemingly "fine/ok" things, had one say they won't/can't consign off-roster pistols etc. (which I suppose makes sense) and it was one of 3 I tried to have him consign.

Additionally a lot of FFLs dont do consignments at all (because its a waste of space if you have a small shop ) so make sure you have a good convo with management before bringing over a truck full of junk.

He'll probably do better consigning them even with the commission. People here don't want to pay 2/3 of what a shop can get for them.
For commodity shit the general rule is $100 or less vs new low retail. That's still less than 20% often....

Thank you.

Another option for you is you can sell them to guns.com

Very easy process and you only need 3 pictures for the submission. They'll give you an offer in 1 day and you can accept it or not. If you accept it they will send you the shipping label prepaid so all you have to do is box it and get it to ups/fedex/post office and then after they get it, they will pay you electronically or send a check. I did this with a pistol and got more than I was looking for. Very easy and quick process!

Back
Top Bottom