• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun confiscation on Long Island

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
Back when I was working for a certain local firearms distributor, I had a couple of customers on Long Island, so I created a login for Long Island Firearms.

This horrifying story was sent to me today by LIF. Unfrickin' believable. Just... unreal.

The actual story:
March 1st was just another day when I put my 10 year old, fourth grade son John on the bus and sent him off to school. Or so I thought. On the contrary, today was the day that my life as a gun owner was about to change, dramatically and rapidly.

Sometime during the day, my son allegedly spoke with a few of his classmates. The boys (excluding my son) were involved in a school yard pushing incident the day before. Two or three of these boys (including my son) were talking about going to the house of the boys that did the pushing. These boys were to take with them a water, paint and bb gun. Word of this got to the principal. She immediately interrogated the children. I received a call from the principal advising me of this just as my son got off the bus. She also advised me that my son was to be suspended for two days because of his words. She decided that this talk amongst students warranted filing a police report. If this wasn't bad enough, the police were sent to my residence and I was advised that my guns may be taken from me. This can't be happening, I thought. But it was.

The following Monday I received a call from Pistol Licensing that they would be at my residence in the morning to take my guns and suspend my license. I attempted to explain that this must be a mistake, no wrong doing occurred on my part. My son has no access to any of my guns. The officer that came to my residence saw that all my guns were secured.Pistol Licensing was not interested in my side of the story. They were only interested in what happened with my ten year old son in school.

If you think this can't happen to you, you are wrong. It is happening every day here in American.
Kids get suspended from school and the aftermath can be as ugly as my situation.

When will my license be restored? What is involved? What is the cost? These are all questions that I had. Some still remain unanswered. The few answers I have are not at all comforting. According to the police, I can expect to have my license restored when my son is an adult and moves out of my residence. If I don't want to wait that long I can file an Article 78 and request that my license be reinstated. The cost, so far, about $6,500 monetarily. Emotionally, the cost is far, far higher. That can't be calculated. All my handguns are gone, my license is suspended and my long arms are out of the house waiting to be sold at a local store.

What can you do to protect yourself and others? First, pick up the phone and call Senator Flanagans office. Demand that they enact legislation similar to Maryland's Senate Bill 1058. It will protect school age children, their rights and those of their parents. Second, keep a firearms attorney on your speed dial. Carry his card. Remember his number. Next, buddy up with someone you trust that has a valid pistol license. Be ready at a moments notice to transfer your guns to him. You of course will do the same for him if the need arises. That will protect your guns from becoming property of the County in which you live. Talk to your kids. This is what hurts. In order to make them "School Compliant", you will have to supress there rights to exist as children. Don't let them say "pow" when they point there little fingers. Don't let them mention guns, water, paint, bb, or other. You just learned what can happen. And it happened right here in Suffolk County, to one of us.

With any luck, and some hard work from us all, a bill comparable to 1058 will pass here in New York. Then we can begin to breathe more freely. Schools need to understand that 5-12 year olds pointing their fingers in harmless gestures, are not the threats they need to subdue. What we need to subdue is the army of over zealous, over paid, school administrators that suddenly have become the "finger pointing police",

Thread and donation needed to help this member. Let's all visit this post and make a reply to help keep this member's hopes alive for his rights and freedom as an American.

Thread:
Just The Mention Of A Gun In School - Firearm Ban & Recent Events - Long Island Firearms

I'm crying at his situation, but laughing at his completely unfounded belief that any such law will ever be passed in NY protecting gun owners. Clearly he missed the last 3 months of gun laws in NY.

The best thing that guy can do is move.

could this happen in mass? luckily my son is only 14 months.

Sure. You have your LTC at the discretion of the police chief. The school principal calls the superintendent. The superintendent calls the police chief. The chief decides you are no longer suitable and sends a couple officers over to retrieve your LTC, guns, ammo, and magazines.

The education bubble is the next one to burst -- as the moonbats say it's "unsustainable".
Education needs to be back in the communities in which they serve and teachers and administrators need to be held accountable by said communities.
Regionalization and the federalization of education only serves to foster plausible deniability, so these snakes can slink back under their desks with impunity for the damage they do to these children (and, as in this case, the families of these children).

Last edited:
The following Monday I received a call from Pistol Licensing that they would be at my residence in the morning to take my guns and suspend my license.

• Load up guns and take them and your license elsewhere
  • Get a video camera
  • Video the condition of your home (and put that someplace safe)
  • Do not LET anyone in your house.
  • Do not answer any questions
  • Video the police searching your home
  • Video the condition of your home after the search (with your new video camera, because the old one somehow got smashed)
  • Submit a bill for reimbursement for everything damaged during the search
  • Lawyer up

There's no doubt he should have immediately taken the gun stuff and took it to another state like NH. Rent a storage unit and stick it in. Drive home. What guns? Here's my license, and by the way I'm moving.

Collectivization of child rearing. Don't you see it takes a village, it really does. Unfortunately since we have a generation and a half or is it two generations of parents that chose to be pals to their kids, and really didn't give a s**t about raising them "let the schools do that" the schools have taken the in loco parentis" part quite seriously and we let them. We tolerated, we validated and now we get exactly what we deserve. We have school administrators that have to go to the police because they cannot effectively maintain discipline and order too, that is part of the problem, but in the end we did it to ourselves.

This is a horror show beyond reality but it is reality. This person probably thought that the police were his friends too. When he realized that he could lose his guns, why did he not lawyer up then? Oh, because he was a good citizen.

Collectivization of child rearing. Don't you see it takes a village, it really does. Unfortunately since we have a generation and a half or is it two generations of parents that chose to be pals to their kids, and really didn't give a s**t about raising them "let the schools do that" the schools have taken the in loco parentis" part quite seriously and we let them. We tolerated, we validated and now we get exactly what we deserve. We have school administrators that have to go to the police because they cannot effectively maintain discipline and order too, that is part of the problem, but in the end we did it to ourselves.

This is a horror show beyond reality but it is reality. This person probably thought that the police were his friends too. When he realized that he could lose his guns, why did he not lawyer up then? Oh, because he was a good citizen.

Good citizens don't let gangs of thieves take their property. Sounds much more like a slave to me.

He wants someone else to help him instead of helping himself. Small part of a larger problem. No one wants to take responsibility for themselves and fight for their own rights. Timid and lazy.

Good citizens don't let gangs of thieves take their property. Sounds much more like a slave to me.

He wants someone else to help him instead of helping himself. Small part of a larger problem. No one wants to take responsibility for themselves and fight for their own rights. Timid and lazy.

What did you want him to do?

What did you want him to do?

I said above what he should have done, left the state with his firearms and told them to go pound sand when they showed up and everything was gone and he was packing his house up to move.

There's certainly no reason he should still be living there acting like it's going to get better and teaching his kids it's OK to cower and let the state run roughshod over you.

There's a reason I'm currently researching houses in NH for an escape should new laws be passed here in CT. I'll vote with my money and feet until I can't. Then I'll shoot.

I said above what he should have done, left the state with his firearms and told them to go pound sand when they showed up and everything was gone and he was packing his house up to move.

There's certainly no reason he should still be living there acting like it's going to get better and teaching his kids it's OK to cower and let the state run roughshod over you.

There's a reason I'm currently researching houses in NH for an escape should new laws be passed here in CT. I'll vote with my money and feet until I can't. Then I'll shoot.

Maybe he's a grownup and has a job and a mortgage and a kid in school and stuff. Being a grownup makes things complicated, and it can be kinda hard to just pack up and screw and stuff.

Okay so where is the actual story of this and just not some forum page? I know it's ny and this could happen, but I would really like to see something other than a forum page trying to get donations.

Thanks Charles.

Maybe he's a grownup and has a job and a mortgage and a kid in school and stuff. Being a grownup makes things complicated, and it can be kinda hard to just pack up and screw and stuff.

We have all of that. Three kids, all in school, and a house, both the wife and I work. We're still making the tough decisions on what's right for our family and how we want our children to grow up. That's called being a grownup.

I have all of that. Three kids and a house, both the wife and I work. We're still making the tough decisions on what's right for our family and how we want our children to grow up. That's called being a grownup.

Yes, you would throw on your bug-out vest, sling your AR across your back, and you and the fam could paddle across Long Island Sound in your bug-out kayak to start a new life in Free Connecticut. Boy, I hear some absurd shit on NES, but I can never say "now I've heard everything".

If this is true what do you think is going to happen to this family anyway? How much money is he going to need to fight this, his kid was already going to get suspended and would you really want your kids around incompetent idiots like this on a daily basis? I know that I would personally show mine the other insane stories in the news and let them have at, as long as they didn't actually threaten anyone. Yes if I did receive a notice in the mail that my right to protect myself and my property was about to be stolen by thugs, well you either have to stay and defend it or you take it someplace else for hiding.

Charles.

Back
Top Bottom