Gun confiscation fears lead to protest in Northern Idaho

Veteran Affairs spokesman Bret Bowers confirmed a letter had been sent to Arnold from the VA's benefits office in Salt Lake City, but he said that VA policy prohibits discussing individual health records without consent. Bowers added that the agency doesn't have the authority to confiscate weapons.
"We don't send officers to confiscate weapons. We are about providing health care to veterans," he said.

Your about doing whatever the f*ck your told to do by comrade O.
How's about you shave a year or two off the time people have been waiting for care and honor your oath you brown nosing turd in the punch bowl.

they just keep making up more and more BS reasons to disarm the population. Glad he has all that support.

Personally, I'm sick to death of the media calling every single firearm a "weapon". It's the same as that stupid term "Assault weapon". Anything can be a weapon when wielded with malice; bricks, sharp sticks, cars, trucks, marshmallow sticks......etc., etc. "Weapon" as a descriptive word connotes danger and harm. Firearm is the proper word here. This Vet did not threaten anyone so his firearms are not weapons unless they are used in that way. I know, I know........this seems like a small thing but if you re-read that news story and pull the word "weapon" out and insert "firearm" it takes on a different tone. It's still ludicrous that they would do that, however.

Rome

Personally, I'm sick to death of the media calling every single firearm a "weapon". It's the same as that stupid term "Assault weapon". Anything can be a weapon when wielded with malice; bricks, sharp sticks, cars, trucks, marshmallow sticks......etc., etc. "Weapon" as a descriptive word connotes danger and harm. Firearm is the proper word here. This Vet did not threaten anyone so his firearms are not weapons unless they are used in that way. I know, I know........this seems like a small thing but if you re-read that news story and pull the word "weapon" out and insert "firearm" it takes on a different tone. It's still ludicrous that they would do that, however.

Rome

You bring up a good point. A few years back the wife and I rented a little cottage on the cape. I have no idea where the marshmallows came from but some of us were drinking and a marshmallow war ensued. I was forced out of the front door by someone taking shots at me from behind the couch. We were having a good exchange of marshmallow fire but we were throwing so hard the marshmallows would sail up over the target. I suppose we both figured this out at the same time and I timed my lunge through the door at the exact time he fired a shot. I was hit in the eye. I went don and went down hard. I screamed for a medic. "I'M HIT!!!!!" My bil dragged me out of the line of fire and quickly handed me a cold Bud. I was ok, just a little shaken.....

After that I started a campaign to stop these types of senseless wars with marshmallows. However all my attempts at trying to get these spontaneous events banned so now i just wear sunglasses...lmao....

It did hurt a little bit. Nothing another beer didn't take care of. We all went fishing later that night....we didn't catch anything but we went...

Seriously though, you are right. Anything can be turned into a weapon. Why is it so difficult for these morons to grasp the fact that a weapon is created out of how an item is used. ANY ITEM!!! Just libs trying to fulfill their anti agenda...

You bring up a good point. A few years back the wife and I rented a little cottage on the cape. I have no idea where the marshmallows came from but some of us were drinking and a marshmallow war ensued. I was forced out of the front door by someone taking shots at me from behind the couch. We were having a good exchange of marshmallow fire but we were throwing so hard the marshmallows would sail up over the target. I suppose we both figured this out at the same time and I timed my lunge through the door at the exact time he fired a shot. I was hit in the eye. I went don and went down hard. I screamed for a medic. "I'M HIT!!!!!" My bil dragged me out of the line of fire and quickly handed me a cold Bud. I was ok, just a little shaken.....

After that I started a campaign to stop these types of senseless wars with marshmallows. However all my attempts at trying to get these spontaneous events banned so now i just wear sunglasses...lmao....

It did hurt a little bit. Nothing another beer didn't take care of. We all went fishing later that night....we didn't catch anything but we went...

Seriously though, you are right. Anything can be turned into a weapon. Why is it so difficult for these morons to grasp the fact that a weapon is created out of how an item is used. ANY ITEM!!! Just libs trying to fulfill their anti agenda...

Good story bro, I hope you get to tell it again

I read some 10 years ago that the veterans coming home from wars would be the high on the ban list of the the government.

They are trained, proficient with firearms and tactics and know how the system works from within, not an easy adversary.

Many of them are also disillusioned with the federal government, what it stands for and what it does. Disarming them and tarnishing their mental health status would be the highest priority. It looked weird to me at the time, could not see how the general public will just take this so easily, but hey, I was wrong.

Things are certainly playing out that way.

Back
Top Bottom