Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

Update to my post above on active VA anti bills:

SB 69 One handgun purchase per month, with exceptions including CCW holders. Has now passed Senate and House. The House version removed the exception for CCW holders. So this will now go to a joint committee I assume.

All the other bills status remain the same.

Update to my post above on active VA anti bills:

SB 69 One handgun purchase per month, with exceptions including CCW holders. Has now passed Senate and House. The House version removed the exception for CCW holders. So this will now go to a joint committee I assume.

All the other bills status remain the same.
I guess they've forgotten that Virginia Tech happened when they had a one gun a month bill before.

If they demand only one gun a month they should give you a safe every 15 months. It's for the children.
And they should pay for our gun ranges like they do for skateboarding parks, basketball courts and baseball fields.

I know for a fact that less people get hurt at gun ranges than any of the others!

Glad to see those guys down in Virginia took my advice ;) :

KXzJiEN.jpg

Thank you for recognizing our work to create the muster here in Bedford County. Yes, there are many of us that read your blog. Like you said, it didn't take much to be honest. Just a close knit group of guys that have had enough. We have been lobbying at Lobby day for years now, went to the rally, sent our emails, made our phone calls and we have been training with a more quiet and smaller group for years now.

We decided it was time to make this happen. We put out the flyer which was a copy of the Floyd County muster flyer (which happened back in Jan), and then started posting it in every convenience store, fire station, YMCA, etc we could post it. Called the news media and sent them the flyer, told them what was going on, etc. Some of our team met with the Sheriff and his team and he was very supportive and glad to see we were organized, had thought through everything and he saw no reason for him nor any of his deputies to attend after he learned of our intentions and why we were calling it.

With that, we borrowed a PA system, had some signs made to place in the roads to direct people, found more volunteers, created our muster cards, had hats made for sale, and made it happen. Again, the work of a dozen focused men to create this and then about 25 of us (men and ladies) on the day.

Now what? Now, we go to the Board of Supervisors and make this an official militia so there is legal weight to it. We have training scheduled for the next two months already, we have emails and info regarding next steps ready to go, we are looking for more trainers and land to train on. We are meeting with the Sheriff again and keeping a dialogue open.

We are also organizing the Campbell County Muster as well (adjacent to Bedford County) and hoping for the same turn out.

Eyewitness report from Bedford County VA militia muster:

muster.jpg

I attended the Bedford County, VA militia muster today, though I am not from Bedford County. Driving over I was hoping for the best, but I wasn’t sure how it would go because I had heard that a nearby county muster had a poor turnout. I was immediately encouraged when I pulled into the parade ground and saw no parking spaces left! I had to park on the grass and walk a good distance (I didn’t mind). When I came over the hill and started down to the field I was met with a beautiful sight. There were a couple hundred people milling about waiting to form up.

The leaders organized everyone into at least 5 groups of 50 militiamen each, with a partial 6th group. The photo above came from the WSET TV website and does not show but three of the groups. There were probably at least 100 onlookers like me. In total there were easily 400 people there. Many continued to drift in while I was there.

A citizen-leader spoke for about 10 minutes, reminding everyone of both the US and VA Constitution and how those currently running things have abused their power similar to tyrants of the past. I thought it was a great speech. He said that they were in talks with the county sheriff. I saw zero uniformed policemen there. People were very polite, and I saw no trash or bad behavior of any kind. It was a very encouraging event. The next step will be training those who came out.

I haven’t been following this mess super close but a thought did pop into my head.
Is this the first Confederate state where an attempt has been made to disarm it?
You‘d figure they would have learned their lesson by now?
Disarmament started in the former slave states.

You'd think the non-slave states would have learned the lesson that disarmament is for racist tyrants.

This is good. The more the Dems push the more then alienate people.

Yup.
I wonder if they think this will all be forgotten in a year or ten and everything will just be peachy.
I may forget a lot of things, but I don't ever forget when somebody screws me.
I suspect most people are the same.

The Democrats always include law enforcement exceptions in their bills - even when the forget they amend laws later to compensate. But now Dems are out of control, denying some retired LEOs any gun "privileges" also denied regular citizens, and punishing them by withholding raises. This will come back to bite them on the ass.

I like that it will bite them in the ass but I strongly object to giving special firearms privileges to retired LEO's.. I don't see much reason for an LEO, on duty or otherwise, to be getting exceptions either but a retired LEO is no different from a plumber in their potential of facing a threat.

Not that I agree with any of the restrictions put in place to begin with, but making exceptions for a different civilian class is unfair.

Will be interesting to track some of the leftist instigators of gun control and see whether they're still involved in politics or have begun/accellerated the process of decomposition......we already know that whats between their ears is rotten/decomposed already.....

I would suspect other than the capital and state police , most local law enforcement isn't going to be cutting any of these miscreants any slack.
And you know Dems are the worst offenders in most categories of crime.

WaPo Editorial Board:
Virginia’s Second Amendment ‘sanctuaries’ can’t ignore new gun control laws
IT WAS a showy gesture of defiance when local elected officials and sheriffs across Virginia and elsewhere declared themselves Second Amendment “sanctuaries” last year, suggesting or stating outright they would refuse to enforce new state gun-control laws. Those laws include, prominently, so-called red-flag bills under which police, relatives or others can seek a court order for law enforcement to confiscate a firearm from individuals deemed a threat to themselves or others.

It would be far more alarming if a local sheriff actually makes good on the threat — by refusing, for instance, to seize a weapon from a self-destructive son or daughter whose parents have convinced a judge that suicide may be imminent if law enforcement does not intervene. In that case, it would be not only irresponsible but also illegal, and quite likely would expose sheriffs personally, as well as the localities they represent, to liability in the event of an act of violence.

That’s not a far-fetched scenario. Of roughly 1,000 Virginians who die annually in gun violence, nearly two-thirds of them commit suicide.

Back
Top Bottom