Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

Hmm. That bill (IANAL) just allows localities to pass restrictive measures above and beyond state law. At this "particular juncture" (channeling GHWB), over 90% of VA counties, towns and localities have adopted 2A sanctuary. Yes, the commie counties around DC and VA Beach MIGHT do something stupid if this bill becomes law. But the rest of the state can just avoid those places, and if push comes to shove, we'll just secede into WV. They're already offering.

And yes, I think we all understand that the Dems have absolutely no idea what they're talking about when it comes to firearms. They are posturing for votes from the blue counties.
What HB421 means is firearm prohibitionists can and will push continuously all over Virginia at municipal levels for myriad weird restrictions--regardless of how many meaningless sanctuary resolutions have been passed. The patchwork of laws will become unmanageable for the average firearm owner--even worse for carriers.

So the way I read it, ARs, AKs and the like are not under consideration; they are trying to ban one specific gun, so they can say they did something. BTW I am a VA resident and am opposed to every single bit of this stuff but I just wanted to keep the record straight.

Like how it was in MA, only certain features are banned then with the swipe of a pen 90% of the stores wont sell and AR/AK so you need to sell your first born for a "pre healey" lower on here

I think the folks down there have shown amazing restraint.
I sure as hell won't condemn anyone when things take an ugly turn.
One of the life lessons I learned young from both my Grandfather and Father was to only fight when you have to.
But, if someone wants it so bad that you have no choice f*ck them up so bad that..
1.) They are either unwilling or unable to do it again.
2.) Set an example so that others won't want to either.

I think the folks down there have shown amazing restraint.
I sure as hell won't condemn anyone when things take an ugly turn.
One of the life lessons I learned young from both my Grandfather and Father was to only fight when you have to.
But, if someone wants it so bad that you have no choice f*ck them up so bad that..
1.) They are either unwilling or unable to do it again.
2.) Set an example so that others won't want to either.
I have a feeling what we saw in Richmond was a pro-freedom Woodstock (except unlike the 1969 original, they took care of and cleaned up after themselves).

The next iteration will be more like Altamont. [thinking]

I have a feeling what we saw in Richmond was a pro-freedom Woodstock (except unlike the 1969 original, they took care of and cleaned up after themselves).

The next iteration will be more like Altamont. [thinking]
The problem (I guess), is that gun owners as a whole really are decent people who don't run around getting violent at the drop of a hat.
These idiots are equating that to weakness.
I really don't know there the line is , but they seem hell bent on finding it .
That's on their dumb asses .
You'll find no sympathy here.

Based on my reading the watering down of HB961 is significant. The definition of "assault weapon" has been changed from the usual retarded stuff to, apparently, just the Striker 12 or any other folding stock shotfun (oops that was a typo but I'll leave it there) with 12 rounds or more capacity. Here's the current language:

Here's the complete text of that reference:

So the way I read it, ARs, AKs and the like are not under consideration; they are trying to ban one specific gun, so they can say they did something. BTW I am a VA resident and am opposed to every single bit of this stuff but I just wanted to keep the record straight.
May all be true, but it's still just changing the turd from a dark chocolate color to milk chocolate, sprinkling jimmies on top and trying to call it a chocolate donut.

Based on my reading the watering down of HB961 is significant. The definition of "assault weapon" has been changed from the usual retarded stuff to, apparently, just the Striker 12 or any other folding stock shotfun (oops that was a typo but I'll leave it there) with 12 rounds or more capacity. Here's the current language:

It starts on page 15. They use a one feature test on rifles and shotguns. The original draft said you could keep your "assault" weapon if you registered it with the state police. They stripped that, but you still can't sell it except for gifting it to an immediate family member.

Magazines holding more than 12 rounds are illegal, period. If you're caught with a magazine holding more than that, it's a class 6 felony. Same with suppressors.

When they pass the UN Small arms treaty to ratify it here and implement it, just like they took away the guns in Venezuela and it will happen here. You fools laughed at me years back when I told you confiscation is coming wait and see we have a democratic president in 10 years time the 2nd amendment will no longer exist with the demographics of all the illegal aliens coming in and voting DemoRAT

When they pass the UN Small arms treaty to ratify it here and implement it, just like they took away the guns in Venezuela and it will happen here. You fools laughed at me years back when I told you confiscation is coming wait and see we have a democratic president in 10 years time the 2nd amendment will no longer exist with the demographics of all the illegal aliens coming in and voting DemoRAT
They'll get them when they pry them from my cold, dead hands! The gun grabbers need to fear the older guys who have lived their lives and don't give a rat's behind anymore. Those guys are dangerous!

I'm still laughing at you 10 years later.

Someone in VA should check the public meeting laws, most committees have to follow these. They threw out EVERYONE, not just those causing a disruption. And the then continued the meeting. If they violated their own meeting rules/laws then the entire meeting, including the vote, is invalid. I know they will just hold another meeting, but don't make it easy for them. Force them to show their true selves.

Here's a good summary of the February 7 hearing.

Also, it's worth considering Democrats don't even understand what they have banned or not banned in HB961.

Now this holds true with all gun control laws at all levels, not just VA, but they don't understand because they simply do not care. What they are or are not trying to and are banning is irrelevant to them. It's irrelevant. I cannot stress this enough. When ever you see one of these bozos talking nonsense about shoulder thingies that go up, ghost guns, 30 caliber magazine clips, etc, it's because they don't care and know it doesn't matter. Knowing about guns and what they are or aren't banning isn't relevant to their purpose for banning them.

Have you ever once heard a gun control advocate say that once they pass their "gun reform" that's it? They've accomplished their goal. Job well done, now to move on to another matter? No. They always continue pushing for more and more. So it doesn't matter what they've banned, they'll be back for more.

So sadly, no, it's not actually worth considering that they don't understand what they are passing.

Everything I said above is wrong. Apparently I was reading the proposed language while it was still being revised. There IS a proposed new version of 18 2-308.9 and it DOES include all the usual stupidity--pistol grips, threaded muzzles, telescoping stocks, etc. etc. So this is much worse than I thought. My apologies.

I just heard that HB961 (AWB) just passed the house. 51 to 48. Next, it will go to the Senate.

I’ve literally lost sleep over this. I can’t even right now.

Senator Amanda Chase updated a little bit more about her mission to recalling Gov Northam, she said she’s opened up an investigation on this and it will take a while but she will continue to spearhead this.

Last edited:
I just heard that HB961 (AWB) just passed the house. 51 to 48. Next, it will go to the Senate.

Senator Amanda Chase updated a little bit more about her mission to recalling Gov Northam, she said she’s opened up an investigation on this and it will take a while but she will continue to spearhead this.
819A55DB-8D9E-4093-92C2-74FB5C215A9F.gif

Not seeing it reported anywhere yet.

When this happened in CT my family was living in NH 14 days later.

Maybe it's time for a more serious look at some counties actually leaving VA for WV?

[QUOTE="DispositionMatrix, post: 6592863, member: 43384"] Never going to happen. [/QUOTE]

Then why stay in VA? Why give tax dollars to a government like that?

That's what drove me out of CT. I just accepted the fact there was no way to undo what had been done or prevent worse things from being passed in exactly the same manner the next time around. So CT lost 5 figures of tax revenue from my wife and I. Our families had been CT natives for generations.

[QUOTE="DispositionMatrix, post: 6592863, member: 43384"] Never going to happen. [/QUOTE]

Then why stay in VA? Why give tax dollars to a government like that?

That's what drove me out of CT. I just accepted the fact there was no way to undo what had been done or prevent worse things from being passed in exactly the same manner the next time around. So CT lost 5 figures of tax revenue from my wife and I. Our families had been CT natives for generations.

Weather, taxes and infringing gun laws. That's why I'm in Georgia after forty years in Connecticut. The state government can't control the weather, but they're directly responsible for the taxes and laws.

Back
Top Bottom