Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

NEWS NAVIGATION NICS GUN SALES NUMBERS UP 19% FOR JANUARY; 85% JUMP IN VIRGINIA ALONE

When the data is adjusted — removing figures for gun permit checks and rechecks by states which use NICS for that purpose — the latest total remains a very decent 1,171,478, according to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, the trade organization for the U.S. gun industry. This number is an 18.6% increase when stacked against the January 2019 NSSF-adjusted NICS figure of 988,160.

A big part of that increase came from gun dealers in Virginia which accounted for 67,699 adjusted NICS checks alone last month, an 84.6% increase over the January 2019 adjusted NICS figure of 36,678.

The fact that they pass pure unadulterated treachery and then threaten people with arrest for telling them to f*** off.... enrages me.

They should hang for that

The riot line and forced evac is what makes me the most mad. Everyone knew this was going to pass the committee.

In case anyone was unsure, this has nothing to do with safety anymore, and everything to do with politics.

Everything that our government is doing now, at every level (from Impeaching a President to Sanctuary posturing, both immigration and 2A), is about rewarding your political allies or punishing your political enemies.

The whole country is a powder keg, and whatever happens in November, there will be blood soon after.

Everyone knows what side the police took now. If it completely passes, what are the chances of the counties wanting to go to WV could do so? I know nothing on how that works. There doesn't seem to be a lot of peacful choices left.

HB961 has been watered down specifically to get it through the House and Senate. It has passed the Public Safety Committee 12-9.
https://apps.lis.virginia.gov/amendments/forconsideration.aspx?ses=201&bil=HB0961

I’m very aware that it has only passed committee right now. Pretty sure it still has to go to the House floor. If it passes there, it will go to the Senate.

One Democratic Senator has stated publicly that he will not support any gun ban. I know he (and anyone else) can flip at anytime he would like. Either way, we’d need two Dem Senators to vote against it in order to kill the bill if/when it gets to the Senate, assuming all Republicans vote as expected.

Last edited:
with that they shat on 2A and 1A. I guess we will be housing soldiers without our consent next

I'm assuming they cleared the room to take the vote or as a result of the vote?

Edit: Okay so it was as a result of it passing. Personally I'm surprised they would even have an open vote and not behind closed doors. Is this how politics are done outside of MA normally?

I'm assuming they cleared the room to take the vote or as a result of the vote?

Edit: Okay so it was as a result of it passing. Personally I'm surprised they would even have an open vote and not behind closed doors. Is this how politics are done outside of MA normally?

Yes. These kinds of hearings are open to the public. I can’t speak for other states but in VA, yes. People (the public) get to speak their piece on bills being discussed. You sign up in advance and then wait your turn to speak. You usually get 30 seconds.

HB961 has been watered down specifically to get it through the House and Senate. It has passed the Public Safety Committee 12-9.
https://apps.lis.virginia.gov/amendments/forconsideration.aspx?ses=201&bil=HB0961

Based on my reading the watering down of HB961 is significant. The definition of "assault weapon" has been changed from the usual retarded stuff to, apparently, just the Striker 12 or any other folding stock shotfun (oops that was a typo but I'll leave it there) with 12 rounds or more capacity. Here's the current language:

Dumbass VA legislature said:
"Assault firearm" means (lots of strikeouts here of the usual retarded stuff) the same as that term is defined in 18 2-308.9".

Here's the complete text of that reference:
VA 18 2-308.9 said:
It shall be unlawful for any person to import, sell, possess or transfer the following firearms: the Striker 12, commonly called a "streetsweeper," or any semi-automatic folding stock shotgun of like kind with a spring tension drum magazine capable of holding twelve shotgun shells. A violation of this section shall be punishable as a Class 6 felony.

So the way I read it, ARs, AKs and the like are not under consideration; they are trying to ban one specific gun, so they can say they did something. BTW I am a VA resident and am opposed to every single bit of this stuff but I just wanted to keep the record straight.

Based on my reading the watering down of HB961 is significant. The definition of "assault weapon" has been changed from the usual retarded stuff to, apparently, just the Striker 12 or any other folding stock shotfun (oops that was a typo but I'll leave it there) with 12 rounds or more capacity. Here's the current language:

Here's the complete text of that reference:

So the way I read it, ARs, AKs and the like are not under consideration; they are trying to ban one specific gun, so they can say they did something. BTW I am a VA resident and am opposed to every single bit of this stuff but I just wanted to keep the record straight.
That's OK, once HB421 is signed into law, Virginia firearm owners are going to learn about loss. You never will come back from it as its impact grows ever worse year after year.
LIS > Bill Tracking > HB421 > 2020 session

Also, it's worth considering Democrats don't even understand what they have banned or not banned in HB961.

That's OK, once HB421 is signed into law, Virginia firearm owners are going to learn about loss. You never will come back from it as its impact grows ever worse year after year.
LIS > Bill Tracking > HB421 > 2020 session

Also, it's worth considering Democrats don't even understand what they have banned or not banned in HB961.

Hmm. That bill (IANAL) just allows localities to pass restrictive measures above and beyond state law. At this "particular juncture" (channeling GHWB), over 90% of VA counties, towns and localities have adopted 2A sanctuary. Yes, the commie counties around DC and VA Beach MIGHT do something stupid if this bill becomes law. But the rest of the state can just avoid those places, and if push comes to shove, we'll just secede into WV. They're already offering.

And yes, I think we all understand that the Dems have absolutely no idea what they're talking about when it comes to firearms. They are posturing for votes from the blue counties.

Back
Top Bottom