Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

Today's final score is 0–0.

The antis scored no points because we gave them nothing to malign us with. No violence. No visible presence of any WN shitheads. We left the place cleaner than we found it.

But we scored no points either, because we looked pathetic, like we're out there for a picnic and some plinking, rather than out there to defend our rights. Too many people milling about quietly, staring at their cell phones, not even displaying any situational awareness. When you look like that, and detractors refer to your gear as cosplay, they're right.

The next protest needs to be peaceful, but disciplined. March in unison, at a brisk pace. Chant in unison — at a volume that will annoy bystanders. Disrupt traffic in unison. Don't decide the marching route based on what's convenient for authorities.

The union organizers of yesteryear could get 50 workers together and project more presence and command more respect than we did today with tens of thousands. Doing this is a science and a skill — one that the left learned a century ago. We need to learn faster.

I agree to some extent but I'll pass on marching around like some brownshirt or union thug.

CNN online has a small story about the rally but it seems like they want it buried.
From MSNBC, they must have been watching some other rally because this one looked like an enjoyable winter morning in a historic city.
At tense Virginia rally, demonstrators reject extremists, defend law-abiding gun owners
The rally has focused national attention on Virginia's attempts to enact new gun regulations, pushed by Democrats who took control of the Statehouse.

Not sure marching in step, chanting, etc. would do anything other than make RKBA supporters look like paramilitaries. Would that be helpful?

If any group that's well-armed, well-organized, and not regular military is paramilitary to you, then fine — where do I enlist? But if that's too much and I have to choose between well-armed and well-organized, then I choose to have a well-organized march and leave the guns at home.

Even if it were a good idea that kind of thing requires a minimum of training and rehearsal, not so easy for people from all over the state.

I never said it was easy. People dedicate their lives to this type of organizing, and to developing the theory of how do it well. I have no illusions that we're going to get good at it overnight. But so many of us have drgrant's attitude that we're not even trying.

If any group that's well-armed, well-organized, and not regular military is paramilitary to you, then fine — where do I enlist? But if that's too much and I have to choose between well-armed and well-organized, then I choose to have a well-organized march and leave the guns at home.

I never said it was easy. People dedicate their lives to this type of organizing, and to developing the theory of how do it well. I have no illusions that we're going to get good at it overnight. But so many of us have drgrant's attitude that we're not even trying.
Except most people attending this rally have jobs and families that they need to be at or with and can't take time just to learn how to march. I really don't understand your like of thinking. Why would blocking traffic be a good protest, I think that is the best way to piss off people and get them to go against us.

The ABC video is #1722 is a fraction of the attendance - look in the upper left corner at the beginning - that police line isn’t there for no reason. I saw some other pics and that section beyond frame was shoulder-to-shoulder for blocks from what I saw.

Except most people attending this rally have jobs and families that they need to be at or with and can't take time just to learn how to march. I really don't understand your like of thinking. Why would blocking traffic be a good protest, I think that is the best way to piss off people and get them to go against us.

You're not wrong. What you're not understanding is that making people like us isn't the goal. You won't do that anyway; they already hate us, and being courteous at crosswalks isn't going to make them hate us less. The goal is to make them believe that they can't ignore us and they can't beat us, and therefore have no choice but to deal with us.

Surprisingly when that time will come and Peak of Stupidity is reached by the other side no organization will survive. That is my experience. You will see plenty of new organizations with massive and very active membership. I have witnessed that when communism was going down and in former Yugoslavia. Existing organizations (volunteers, but also military, police) folded and new were created immediately. Do not forget, when you are organizing you are also exposing yourself to the elements on their way to The Peak of Stupidity, they are still full of ideas and power. The only way to defeat commies is when they know nothing about you and you surprise them with a massive response without any delay.

I will speak for myself and only myself

When I see HUNDREDS of people from mAss on NES committing to be at a rally then I'll make an effort to come to mAss and stand with you folks
Come on man, you’re not new here. You know that’s exactly what happened and it did.
Weak excuse.

You're not wrong. What you're not understanding is that making people like us isn't the goal. You won't do that anyway; they already hate us, and being courteous at crosswalks isn't going to make them hate us less. The goal is to make them believe that they can't ignore us and they can't beat us, and therefore have no choice but to deal with us.

The goal is to show that we are not your average thugs who will block highways.

Actually no I dont......I've NEVER seen a thread on NES where hundreds of people from mAss stated openly that they were going to do any such thing

We are living in a commie state which has a power over us. We are not free. When you are not free, you do not act normally. Majority always refuses to escape the gulag because when few escape the majority is punished severely. You need to adjust your unrealistic expectations and appreciate every baby step we take towards the freedom.
Rest of the country does not count us in anyway. We would become a nice upside, if it would ever happen, but, for now, we are One Flew Over Cuckoo's Nest away from the norm, and, unlike in the movie, out Indian has decided to run for a president of the free country. [wink]

OK, no mainstream media attention, the rally comes and goes, and the moonbats go right back to work at the VA statehouse tomorrow like nothing happened...what's next?

We have learned something.

We learned that donks do not mind to send armed thugs 100 miles away to intimidate gun owners.
WE WERE NOT AWARE BEFORE.

We learned that donks will take our guns immediately when they will reach power again.

Vote for Mickey Mouse in 2020 and your vote is useless.

If you think that gov blackface declaring a state of emergency, telling non emergency personel to stay home, seeing all that fencing and other bullshit put into place went unnoticed by the bureaucracy you're sadly mistaken.......this event, the lead up to it and the lack of incident/lack of damage is guaranteed to be the number one thing discussed last week and for a couple weeks to come

And the next time a VCDL/related event is announced you'll see a stiffening of their spines.......
yeah, do you think this is going to kill all the bills they've put up already?

We have learned something.

We learned that donks do not mind to send armed thugs 100 miles away to intimidate gun owners.

We learned that donks will take our guns immediately when they will reach power again.

Vote for Mickey Mouse in 2020 and your vote is useless.
If you weren't aware of this stuff before you simply aren't paying attention....gez!

OK, no mainstream media attention, the rally comes and goes, and the moonbats go right back to work at the VA statehouse tomorrow like nothing happened...what's next?

Bunch of mainstream sources ran articles about it with varying amounts of attention/bias/etc, I would be pretty surprised if Faux doesn't cover it at least a little bit, if they haven't already. The idea is perhaps to motivate the wobblies into reconsidering what they're doing.... EG, the people the anti demis are pissing on are not a minority. VCDL has been pretty successful with working pols in the past, Also this is just one step of many, VCDL and others have lots of work to be done in the coming days. Will it work? I get the pessimism. I really do. It's a typical thing because most here have been doused in MA bullshit. Let's put it this way, it's either that or do nothing. .... and doing nothing always fails, pretty reliably.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom