Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

I've been surfing some 'news' sites, all the stories talking about today, seem to be using pictures from yesterday with empty cages and streets. I did see one shot with some people in the background, but it looked dark, almost like they were trying to conceal the background. Look at other news shots and you can see what's happening in the background, in this shot - you really had to look to make out shapes.

I think it comes down to personal preference and what I used while deployed. I picked up a RATS last year to see what the fuss was about and compared them on myself and still found I was much faster with the CAT with either one or both hands. Possibly because it was beaten into us in 68W school, deployment, and far too many years of TCCC training. Ive heard the RATS is more user friendly to non medic individuals but I'm not sure if that was just someones opinion.

There were a few studies done that showed CATs achieving hemostasis faster, with more pressure, and with less nerve damage due to the wider ligature.

When I was deployed the RATS tourniquet wasnt yet an option so I havent been able to evaluate any traumatic amputations with it, but I have with a CAT and it worked quick and effectively even with blood covering my hands.

I hear what your saying about the RAT with small children, though I had no problem using a CAT on a 7 yo Iraqi kid with an arterial bleed from a shrapnel wound. Had it been a toddler then I think the advantage would go to the RATS. Ive never applied a tourniquet to a dog so I cant speak to that LOL (seem to hear that a lot on the RATS ads). Journal of Special Operations Medicine study synopsis comparing tourniquets below.
Preliminary Comparison of New and Established Tactical Tourniquets in a Manikin Hemorrhage Model. - PubMed - NCBI

Great reply, thank you. And thanks for stepping up in the 68W line, goddamn love you guys, much respect.

I agree it’s probably personal preference at this point. From a medical standpoint those personnel of course want to prevent any nerve damage possibilities associated with TQ applications and do everything perfectly to protect their patients, it’s what you do.

From the singular user standpoint our main concern is simply to not die, stop the bleed, get our IV in, don’t go into shock and get me the f*** out of here, nerve damage be damned, I’m alive.

For those trained up with any of them, yes, we can make it work, we can make anything work, some easier some quicker and depends on each individuals skill level and ability to stay calm and work through it, but also for those who aren’t as well trained or trained in them at all, I think the RAT takes that category in ease of use and speed, probably means that they’ll also be in more of a panicked state with limited motor skills.

It worked well as our choice because it was also serviceable on our K-9’s and our relation and proximity to explosives.

If a handler can save his dog from a heavy bleed, he’d cut off his own leg to do it, this helps give them that chance also.

Anyway, I’m taking this thread off course, happy to further discuss in survival or med forum if desired, but thanks again for the reply. Outstanding.

Last edited:
Ephesians 6:11-13 – Put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore, take up the full armor of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

I’m inside the building now, waiting for my Delegate to show up. Was walking inside, someone tapped my shoulder. I wondered who it was since there really isn’t anyone I know here. I turn around, old dude gives me a huge smile and thumbs up. Saw my GUNS SAVE LIVES sticker on my thigh. He must support women who stand up for the right to defend herself 😎🇺🇸👍

Was he crawling when he saw it? It would probably get better visibility if you moved it to your hat!

I’m inside the building now, waiting for my Delegate to show up. Was walking inside, someone tapped my shoulder. I wondered who it was since there really isn’t anyone I know here. I turn around, old dude gives me a huge smile and thumbs up. Saw my GUNS SAVE LIVES sticker on my thigh. He must support women who stand up for the right to defend herself 😎🇺🇸👍
Joe Biden?

I'm reminded of the words of a past president: Speak softly and carry a big stick.

That's a pretty big stick.

there is always a bigger stick

485236660_845094b108_z.jpg

So far the only even remotely even-handed MSM update I’ve read was from the NYT. Color me shocked. The WaPo is practically foaming at the mouth.

Back
Top Bottom