Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

watchman

NES Member
a legitimate boogaloo? It looks like we just tested the system this weekend. It might be fully operational just in time.

VA Gun Injuries.gif
Most of VA is just fine with guns - probably time to leave the SE edge. Cam Edwards (Bearing Arms) speaks of debating a departure now that he's Ex-NRA...

View attachment 315017
Most of VA is just fine with guns - probably time to leave the SE edge. Cam Edwards (Bearing Arms) speaks of debating a departure now that he's Ex-NRA...
Pretty much every state is in the same boat. Gun related crime is limited to a handful of neighborhoods in a handful of larger cities.

I have family that recently escaped a short term, work-related, stay in California. They decided to move to Virginia and were excited about the firearms freedom. Well, not long after, the elections occurred and they needed to bump up their timeline on a rather extensive purchase plan. It's not looking good down there.

The only consolation if they impose these proposed unconstitutional laws, is that it should help wake people up for 2020.

This would be suicide for the confiscation movement. Pull the guns from one state and the other 49 are at best going to start burying theirs; the goals the movement is trying to achieve would immediately become impossible.

From Virginia (VCDL):

A bill has been prefiled for the new session to "prohibit paramilitary activity." Read between the lines, it conceivably COULD be taken to outlaw training with what the state deems to be military style weapons, training in advanced tactics, some prepping, reloading, historical reenactments and armed VCDL rallies. I have not seen anything like this yet.

And puleeze don't say this won't fly in the courts. I'm so tired of hearing that when there is ample evidence to say it could fly in the courts. In fact, if it is successful, it could be coming to your state or the federal government. It is pretty carefully worded. What it says verbatim is bad enough, but what it could be taken to mean is really ominous. This to me is a new approach to gun control. I have not seen this before.

§ 18.2-433.2. Paramilitary activity prohibited; penalty.

A person shall be is guilty of unlawful paramilitary activity, punishable as a Class 5 felony if he:

1. Teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, or making of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or (so much for fighting tyranny!)

2. Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, intending to employ such training for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or (With red flag not even requiring that anyone has made a threat or taken an action, any training could be taken as being useful in a civil disorder. Having a Molon Labe sticker could be taken as threatening civil disorder.)

3. Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof. (no more OC'ing at gun rights demonstrations, because someone with get "intimidated")

2. That the provisions of this act may result in a net increase in periods of imprisonment or commitment. Pursuant to § 30-19.1:4 of the Code of Virginia, the estimated amount of the necessary appropriation cannot be determined for periods of imprisonment in state adult correctional facilities; therefore, Chapter 854 of the Acts of Assembly of 2019 requires the Virginia Criminal Sentencing Commission to assign a minimum fiscal impact of $50,000. Pursuant to § 30-19.1:4 of the Code of Virginia, the estimated amount of the necessary appropriation cannot be determined for periods of commitment to the custody of the Department of Juvenile Justice.

This would be suicide for the confiscation movement. Pull the guns from one state and the other 49 are at best going to start burying theirs; the goals the movement is trying to achieve would immediately become impossible.

No one is going to bury their guns. If you are doing so, you are way past the time you should have used them and have already lost.

No one is going to bury their guns. If you are doing so, you are way past the time you should have used them and have already lost.
Edgy, but reality is more people are going to hide arms than are going to start murdering people.

Arms were already buried and hidden long before the first shots of the revolution were fired, that was half the point of the march on Concord.

From Virginia (VCDL):

A bill has been prefiled for the new session to "prohibit paramilitary activity." Read between the lines, it conceivably COULD be taken to outlaw training with what the state deems to be military style weapons, training in advanced tactics, some prepping, reloading, historical reenactments and armed VCDL rallies. I have not seen anything like this yet.

And puleeze don't say this won't fly in the courts. I'm so tired of hearing that when there is ample evidence to say it could fly in the courts. In fact, if it is successful, it could be coming to your state or the federal government. It is pretty carefully worded. What it says verbatim is bad enough, but what it could be taken to mean is really ominous. This to me is a new approach to gun control. I have not seen this before.

A person shall be is guilty of unlawful paramilitary activity, punishable as a Class 5 felony if he:

1. Teaches or demonstrates to any other person the use, application, or making of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, knowing or having reason to know or intending that such training will be employed for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or (so much for fighting tyranny!)

2. Assembles with one or more persons for the purpose of training with, practicing with, or being instructed in the use of any firearm, explosive, or incendiary device, or technique capable of causing injury or death to persons, intending to employ such training for use in, or in furtherance of, a civil disorder; or (With red flag not even requiring that anyone has made a threat or taken an action, any training could be taken as being useful in a civil disorder. Having a Molon Labe sticker could be taken as threatening civil disorder.)

3. Assembles with one or more persons with the intent of intimidating any person or group of persons by drilling, parading, or marching with any firearm, any explosive or incendiary device, or any components or combination thereof. (no more OC'ing at gun rights demonstrations, because someone with get "intimidated")

2. That the provisions of this act may result in a net increase in periods of imprisonment or commitment. Pursuant to § 30-19.1:4 of the Code of Virginia, the estimated amount of the necessary appropriation cannot be determined for periods of imprisonment in state adult correctional facilities; therefore, Chapter 854 of the Acts of Assembly of 2019 requires the Virginia Criminal Sentencing Commission to assign a minimum fiscal impact of $50,000. Pursuant to § 30-19.1:4 of the Code of Virginia, the estimated amount of the necessary appropriation cannot be determined for periods of commitment to the custody of the Department of Juvenile Justice.

This is one of the worst things I have ever read. As it makes any highschool IB chemistry teacher an instant felon.

Crap. It also makes any educator in an chemical engineering ABET certified program a felon.

Crap.

I'm a felon by it since I have a degree .

Quad crap.

That is an often stated falsehood. Do you just want to go out guns blazing? Or do you want to develop a plan and actually be effective?

Caches are critical in insurgencies, as shown by historic analysis. Discreetly storing ones firearms provides for a window of time for groups to covertly assemble and plan, while being able to retrieve cached weapons at a later time when kinetic operations are optimal.

And if VA gets their way, my posted analysis would be illegal.

This surely will make the South Rise Again...

iu

Pretty much every state is in the same boat. Gun related crime is limited to a handful of neighborhoods in a handful of larger cities.
And by extension those cities then push through gun control affecting everything, like in Washington state.
I have family that recently escaped a short term, work-related, stay in California. They decided to move to Virginia and were excited about the firearms freedom. Well, not long after, the elections occurred and they needed to bump up their timeline on a rather extensive purchase plan. It's not looking good down there.

The only consolation if they impose these proposed unconstitutional laws, is that it should help wake people up for 2020.
I knew someone that swapped CT for Virginia largely for gun freedom reasons. Virginia is now a blue state, so he'll probably move again....until eventually there are no states left to go.

From Virginia (VCDL):

This has to be unconstitutional, not that the left cares. The person that wrote this is a tyrant

This surely will make the South Rise Again...

iu
Not unless they come for the trap/skeet/hunting guns. For all the talk of Southeners being 2A people, most, but not all of them that I know, are what we'd basically consider FUDDs.
I am friends with a guy that moved here from Alabama. Owns plenty of guns. After Las Vegas he basically said "I love guns and all, but come on, we gotta do something."

Not unless they come for the trap/skeet/hunting guns. For all the talk of Southeners being 2A people, most, but not all of them that I know, are what we'd basically consider FUDDs.
I am friends with a guy that moved here from Alabama. Owns plenty of guns. After Las Vegas he basically said "I love guns and all, but come on, we gotta do something."

I had my tongue in my cheek when I posted that.
Oh, and you need new friends...

Back
Top Bottom