Rating - 0%
0   0   0

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There's one of the problems: The media reported his claim, and only revealed the truth several paragraphs in.

The headline should have been about Levine's false claims.
Anyone who can't read more than a sentence or two deserves to be led by the nose into oblivion. People are stupid, very very stupid

radioman

NES Member
Rating - 96%
24   1   0
I haven’t been following this mess super close but a thought did pop into my head.
Is this the first Confederate state where an attempt has been made to disarm it?
You‘d figure they would have learned their lesson by now?

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For the current legislative session, I guess. Then Democrats will try again. Also, as noted a few posts back, plenty of bills got through. Once https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+sum+HB421 is signed, Virginia is a lost cause. Celebration is misguided. Gun owners in the state already have lost.
Its not a single pitched battle for all the marbles

You celebrate your wins, double down on what works (people getting off their backsides and showing up/writing /putting pressure on pols) and move forward.

Similarly you look at your losses and do what you can to minimize them/learn from mistakes

Everything negative that has happened in Va can be unwound.....its just going to take a couple years and effort from people to get dems tossed out of office in next two election cycles

Va has gone thru some of this in past......reciprocity laws, 1 gun a month yada yada yada......

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t been following this mess super close but a thought did pop into my head.
Is this the first Confederate state where an attempt has been made to disarm it?
You‘d figure they would have learned their lesson by now?
Perhaps, but they did vote to be disarmed.

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything negative that has happened in Va can be unwound.....its just going to take a couple years and effort from people to get dems tossed out of office in next two election cycles

Va has gone thru some of this in past......reciprocity laws, 1 gun a month yada yada yada......
Probably never going to happen. Once signed, these new laws are here to stay. Once municipalities, which primarily are Democratically controlled, take advantage of HB421, you can forget getting rid of the dozens of local firearm bans that will have been enacted. With regard to population, much of Virginia is really just a suburb of extremely-Democratic DC. Plus there is the double-whammy of Democrats being ascendant nationally as support for the RKBA is dying out. In a few years, Virginia will be like any other ban state.

http://archive.is/dIBOd
The House has approved the governor’s seven other gun-control bills, which would:
●Enact universal background checks on private gun sales.
●Require an owner to report the loss or theft of a firearm within 24 hours.
●Give local governments the authority to ban weapons from public buildings and at certain events.
●Create a “red flag” law, or extreme risk protective order, under which authorities can temporarily seize firearms from someone deemed a threat to himself or others.
●Limit handgun purchases to one per month, a policy that was in effect in Virginia until 2012.
●Tighten the law prohibiting access to firearms for someone subject to a protective order.
●Make it a felony to “recklessly” leave a firearm within reach of anyone 18 or younger, up from the current age of 14, a measure known as “child access prevention.”
The Senate has passed five of the governor’s bills. Majority Leader Richard L. Saslaw (D-Fairfax) withdrew his own assault weapons bill, which had caused an uproar because it would have banned possession, not just sales. The chamber’s bill on lost or stolen firearms was rejected in a floor vote, with Petersen and Sen. Lynwood W. Lewis Jr. (D-Accomack) voting against it. Its version of the child-access-prevention bill died in committee, with Petersen and Deeds joining Republicans in opposition.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Probably never going to happen. Once signed, these new laws are here to stay. Once municipalities, which primarily are Democratically controlled, take advantage of HB421, you can forget getting rid of the dozens of local firearm bans that will have been enacted. With regard to population, much of Virginia is really just a suburb of extremely-Democratic DC. Plus there is the double-whammy of Democrats being ascendant nationally as support for the RKBA is dying out. In a few years, Virginia will be like any other ban state.

http://archive.is/dIBOd
How many municipalites would actually take action given the fact that almost every county except for alexandria/arlington are sanctuaries?

Va has overturned dumb donk gun laws in past

There's no reason to believe it wont happen again IF PEOPLE REMAIN ENGUAGED

I've got about zero tolerance for the defeatist attitude/negative nelly nonsense

If you're not part of the solution....you're the problem

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many municipalites would actually take action given the fact that almost every county except for alexandria/arlington are sanctuaries?
Plenty, and the sanctuary resolutions are meaningless. The express sentiment--nothing else.
Va has overturned dumb donk gun laws in past
They have overturned a couple dumb laws. I doubt that will happen again in the current political climate.
There's no reason to believe it wont happen again IF PEOPLE REMAIN ENGUAGED
Other people were "ENGUAGED" enough to vote for firearm prohibitionists in Virginia.
I've got about zero tolerance for the defeatist attitude/negative nelly nonsense
Feel-good mental gymnastics are for the weak-minded--those who cannot face reality.
If you're not part of the solution....you're the problem
Self-delusion is not the path to victory.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Plenty, and the sanctuary resolutions are meaningless. The express sentiment--nothing else.

They have overturned a couple dumb laws. I doubt that will happen again in the current political climate.

Other people were "ENGUAGED" enough to vote for firearm prohibitionists in Virginia.

Feel-good mental gymnastics are for the weak-minded--those who cannot face reality.

Self-delusion is not the path to victory.
Hey negative nelly

Its pretty clear you havent been following along the entire time.....

The elections in Va were a function of donk jerrymandering and a corrupt court assigning the redistricting to a leftist activist

The map below shows that county gov and the people they represent is fundamentally against the actions of a slim majority in the NH House of Delagates that are a product of a rigged election.

And the same shit is coming to NH if you dont quit complaining and get to work fighting bad legislation and volunteering to help elect good reps/sens her in NH.

So, you have a choice.....you can be part of the solution or you can continue complaining.

As you can see from photos in VCDL link....they're enguaged and part of the solution

Some of you people just cant control your negativity and tendency to tear down positive movements

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey negative nelly

Its pretty clear you havent been following along the entire time.....
False. I just don't supplant logic with emotion when discussing firearm laws.
The elections in Va were a function of donk jerrymandering and a corrupt court assigning the redistricting to a leftist activist

The map below shows that county gov and the people they represent is fundamentally against the actions of a slim majority in the NH House of Delagates that are a product of a rigged election.

That is a map of Virginia, not New Hampshire. And it's the sanctuary resolution map, not the vote map. Nice sentiment on the part of involved RKBA-supporting Virginians but ultimately meaningless.
And the same shit is coming to NH if you dont quit complaining and get to work fighting bad legislation and volunteering to help elect good reps/sens her in NH.
Actually, my feelings and complaints have absolutely no bearing on what bills Democrats choose to take up in Concord, New Hampshire. Firearm prohibitionists float ridiculous bills, we oppose them--often to no avail, and thankfully Governor Sununu prevents them from becoming law. That is how it works for now. It will change once we have a Democratic governor.
So, you have a choice.....you can be part of the solution or you can continue complaining.
That is a false choice.
As you can see from photos in VCDL link....they're enguaged and part of the solution

Sure. They're "enguaged." It was great that a few thousand committed people showed up for the rally in Virginia, but the state has a population of 8.5 million, 5.7 million of whom are registered voters, a majority of whom elected members of a party wholly committed to firearm prohibition as their political majority.
Some of you people just cant control your negativity and tendency to tear down positive movements
Tearing down and acknowledging reality are two different things.

Arguments from emotion are useless, so I'm going to categorize your emotionally-fraught blathering as irrelevant and leave the non-discussion there.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
jpk said:
That is a false choice.
No....its your ONLY choice

Do you REALLY think you're helping move the ball in the right direction let alone solving a problem by being negative nelly and doing nada?

Lead
Follow
Get out of the way

Those are your choices......

On a local/NH issue......about 40 people showed up to oppose HB1115 here in NH......

those people helped to demonstrate just how dumb the bill was.....the sponsors themselves were embarrassed by sponsoring the bill when forced to introduce it in front of a crowd.....

I'll venture to guess that if they get re-elected they wont do something quite as dumb as support an HB1115 like bill in 2021......

Did you show up?
Did you bother to take 5 mins to email testimony to the cmte?
Did you bother to follow the provided link to the NRA alert to email the members of the cmte to oppose the bill?

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Is there any value to ALWAYS cc'ing "letters to the editor" at several local newspapers when sending letters to congress critters? And obviously noting the cc in bold print at the bottom of the letter.

scatter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Update to my post above on active VA anti bills:

SB 69 One handgun purchase per month, with exceptions including CCW holders. Has now passed Senate and House. The House version removed the exception for CCW holders. So this will now go to a joint committee I assume.

All the other bills status remain the same.

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Update to my post above on active VA anti bills:

SB 69 One handgun purchase per month, with exceptions including CCW holders. Has now passed Senate and House. The House version removed the exception for CCW holders. So this will now go to a joint committee I assume.

All the other bills status remain the same.
I guess they've forgotten that Virginia Tech happened when they had a one gun a month bill before.

Top Bottom