Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

Busy politicians; meeting on a Saturday. This story motivates me to buy a gun every month. Hope Virginians do the same.

"We lose too many Virginians to gun violence." ~Gov. Northam

Atta boy Gov. Now you are "Just going to lose Virginians..."

Northam signs five gun control measures, seeks to amend two others
The gun bills Northam signed were measures expanding background checks; mandating the reporting of lost and stolen guns; a measure meant to prevent children from accessing guns; reinstating Virginia’s one-handgun-a-month policy; and a “red flag” bill that would allow the temporary removal of guns from a person deemed “a substantial risk” to himself or others.

He proposed technical amendments to bills allowing local control of gun regulations in public buildings, parks and during events; and barring people subject to protective orders from having a gun.
AWB bill will be back.
Northam vowed Friday to propose an assault weapons ban again next year.
Virginia governor signs gun-control bills into law
It should come as no surprise firearm prohibitionists have big plans for state-level bans.
RICHMOND, Va. -- Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam has signed several new gun restrictions he championed during this year's legislative session, cementing gains by gun control advocates they hope will serve as a “blueprint” for states around the country.
Gun-control advocates said Friday they’re planning to replicate their success in Virginia in other states. John Feinblatt, president of Everytown for Gun Safety, said his group plans to spend heavily in key battleground states this year like Arizona, North Carolina and Pennsylvania to elect lawmakers who support new gun restrictions.

Feinblatt said polling shows a gun-control agenda is popular in those states and that Virginia is a “bellwether" of what's to come.

They can't win federally so they are waging their war against lawful gun owners one state at a time. And each state they win is used to prop up their position in another state and used as an argument to the validity of their infringement when it's challenged in court. On top of that, the resulting patchwork of restrictive laws makes travel by those legally possessing a gun a risky situation (despite fed protection (NY for example).

We need to find a way to get SCOTUS to rule that rights are fully protected no matter where you are.

And we need to be playing the same long game the antis are. The all or nothing, I'm not even going to talk about a small improvement, attitude sounds great but it is killing us. Look at the history, this is not working. We talk about TDS, this is no different. We can all still hope and work for the big fix, but in the meantime, support and WORK for the small improvement. Don't dismiss the opportunity to move a little in a positive direction just because it's not going to get you everything. They are eating the elephant one little bite at a time while we stand by and watch, saying Nope, you can't eat an elephant.

They can't win federally so they are waging their war against lawful gun owners one state at a time. And each state they win is used to prop up their position in another state and used as an argument to the validity of their infringement when it's challenged in court. On top of that, the resulting patchwork of restrictive laws makes travel by those legally possessing a gun a risky situation (despite fed protection (NY for example).

We need to find a way to get SCOTUS to rule that rights are fully protected no matter where you are.

And we need to be playing the same long game the antis are. The all or nothing, I'm not even going to talk about a small improvement, attitude sounds great but it is killing us. Look at the history, this is not working. We talk about TDS, this is no different. We can all still hope and work for the big fix, but in the meantime, support and WORK for the small improvement. Don't dismiss the opportunity to move a little in a positive direction just because it's not going to get you everything. They are eating the elephant one little bite at a time while we stand by and watch, saying Nope, you can't eat an elephant.

Yep I agree with that - for instance if when we had full fed Republican control they should've loosened up every gun control possible, made suppressors parts or even just regular firearms, etc etc. Then if nothing else, if the dems ever got control they would have that much more to work on.

And town by town

It's all about political will. We have to get the message out to the people. The average person needs to understand the importance of the ability to defend one's self, and the threat that an overly powerful government represents to that right, and that person needs to care enough to pressure the government using all available means to respect that right. Laws and rulings mean absolutely nothing if people don't have the political will to insist the government respect their rights. This is at the heart of what's happening all across the U.S.

This whole 'States Rights' thing seems to go only one way. If it's not spelled out in the Constitution yes, but with certain things that should not be mentioned - no. ….shall not be infringed. is pretty damn clear - but states can override that.

Refuse to play anymore, willful, open non-compliance. MLK had it right - he was also a gun owner.

This whole 'States Rights' thing seems to go only one way. If it's not spelled out in the Constitution yes, but with certain things that should not be mentioned - no. ….shall not be infringed. is pretty damn clear - but states can override that.

Refuse to play anymore, willful, open non-compliance. MLK had it right - he was also a gun owner.

I would be ok with states rights if state courts followed the constitution.

The latest from our friends in Virginia as gun owners try and deal with the effects of one of Governor Blackface's new laws ending state preemption and allowing local city councils to make their own gun "control" laws.

P.S.> Speaking of Virginia I have not seen anything lately from our agent provocateur on the ground there, @minininjer , here's hoping all is well. :)

🐯

P.S.> Speaking of Virginia I have not seen anything lately from our agent provocateur on the ground there, @minininjer , here's hoping all is well.
Come to think of it her birthday has either just gone past or is coming up this month. Minininjer let us know you're okay.

P.S.> Speaking of Virginia I have not seen anything lately from our agent provocateur on the ground there, @minininjer , here's hoping all is well. :)

🐯
Come to think of it her birthday has either just gone past or is coming up this month. Minininjer let us know you're okay.

I'm here, I'm well. Thanks guys! I'm just spending a lot of my free time on one wheel, as @Brewer mentioned lol

And yasss, my birthday is coming fo real. It's at the end of the month, July 31 [cheers]

She's been embracing one-wheeled freedom.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0CHerfODJQ

lol @Brewer how did you find this? Insta? Genuinely curious, you know, for analytics purposes :cool:

Anti-self-defense Delegate Mark Levine's HB961, which banned "assault weapons", suppressors, and magazines that hold over 10 rounds, was continued to 2021 back in February. But Governor Northam recently said he wants to revive it and has said he will convene a special session of the General Assembly in August.

Besides HB961, these other infringements could also be voted on in August:
  • repeal reciprocity with 25 states
  • shutdown indoor shooting ranges
  • restrict outdoor shooting ranges
  • no open carry in vehicles
  • proof of training to purchase a firearm
  • 10% tax on guns and ammunition
  • conviction for various misdemeanors or a "hate crime" will take away gun rights
  • illegal to have guns in state or local government buildings
  • illegal to carry in Capitol Square or in the General Assembly
  • gun stores cannot employ anyone who is prohibited from owning firearms - even a janitor
  • and more

:mad::mad::mad:

If @minininjer goes to 2 wheels, I bet she would want one of these...

Or...

I just want to know if she is CCW with her custom made holster!

Keep up the good work Ninjer!

The rest of us want to know what's your preferred EDC for one wheel........
The G43, duh. All day, errr day. It’s been my EDC since I bought it ... maybe 3 years ago now?

If @minininjer goes to 2 wheels, I bet she would want one of these...

Or...

I just want to know if she is CCW with her custom made holster!

Keep up the good work Ninjer!

Out of those 2, definitely the Monkey. The Honda Grom looks really cool though... I’m waiting until electric MTBs don’t cost so much. There are ones that go like 50mph! lol

My custom holster is reserved for winter carry (on runs).

Back
Top Bottom