• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

Fair and Balanced Reportage From The Washington Post:

TL/DR: The people who are attending lobby day are Nazis, and a responsible government wouldn't allow them freedom of assembly, or the freedom to petition their government.

Wow. That reads like an opinion piece. Because it is...

Fair and Balanced Reportage From The Washington Post:

TL/DR: The people who are attending lobby day are Nazis, and a responsible government wouldn't allow them freedom of assembly, or the freedom to petition their government.

Nothing about that is "fair" or "balanced". What are you reading?

I see it as an entrapment tool. Some cuck puts him/herself on the list then goes and buys a gun to entrap the seller for selling to a PP. That's why the penalty to the seller is more severe than the penalty to the buyer.

I agree it could be used that way but I think the real purpose of that garbage is virtue signaling bullshit. They want to normalize "voluntarily not owning guns, ever" as some kind of a "thing" and try to influence people to do it, etc. It's another way of them getting the state to add another layer of cultism to anti gun bullshit. So not only are they pushing bullshit, they're trying
to make it impossible that anyone who went too far to go back, etc. They want to guilt people into it, etc.

-Mike

I find it touchingly naïve that you think the Washington Post will talk about anything else one way or the other.

If armed individuals didn't lawfully assemble enmass that day, the media would all just focus tightly on the one or two guy who did--and their readership would no doubt be quite satisfied with this distortion of the facts and vindication of their own world view--and WHY don't you already know this? How long exactly have you been doing this? The left's propaganda campaign has already begun--they are constructing the lens through which they want people to understand what is going on in VA: Armed Extremist Nazis are gathering to menace reasonable Moms who demand common sense gun reforms.

It wouldn't matter if anyone open was carrying or not, the narrative would be exactly the same. Again--WHY don't you already know this?

I personally think that It's adorable that you think that your winning, put-together outfit (so marvelously accessorized) is going to secure your gun rights for you--but only because you are dressed so very smartly, right? You shouldn't expect to have any rights if you had shown up in, let's say, a cleaning-lady's work clothes.

Are you for real? This is about LAWS, babe--and Constitutional Rights.

As for the broke-dick do-nothing shit-talkers in this thread (most of whom can't be bothered to attend a 2A or Free Speech rally in f***ing downtown BOSTON/lol) and who think the volunteer out-of-staters are taking time out of their busy lives to LARP--LARP--really?--LOL at you.

All the best.

First, don't "babe" me.

In your Richmond ride share thread, you say that VCDL is doing heroic work and if people want, they should donate to VCDL and we could use your help. That's great, thanks. However, VCDL is literally asking people to NOT show up with long guns because it hurts and distracts the message that we (the members of VCDL) are trying to send. Since VCDL is doing such heroic work, in your opinion, why are you going against their leadership? Are you trying to help us or not?

And we thought MA legislators had it in for us. Up to 77 gun control bills proposed so far.
Granted, most if not all the full retarded crap won't get passed, but just the escalation by the
other side shows that the anti's are just as capable of hitting back making sure that the VCDL
has a lot or work cut out for them.

To @minininjer everyone who is going to the rally. I admire your courage and determination to do the work despite facing the real possibility of a F-UP of historical proportions and putting yourself in a tactical disadvantaged position and harms way.

From Eisenhower's mouth to God's ears:

'Good Luck! And let us all beseech blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking. '

First, don't "babe" me.

Good for you. There aren't many females around here these days, and it's posts like that that push them away.

As far as the dress code fight, it is becoming a side show of it's own. It's a numbers game, and the media and antis are going to make you all look bad regardless. Worry about getting the maximum number of people to show and less about how they are dressed.

Good for you. There aren't many females around here these days, and it's posts like that that push them away.

As far as the dress code fight, it is becoming a side show of it's own. It's a numbers game, and the media and antis are going to make you all look bad regardless. Worry about getting the maximum number of people to show and less about how they are dressed.

I'm thinking that if everyone could show up looking like this, it might actually help:

499w.jpg

Frank

I find it touchingly naïve that you think the Washington Post will talk about anything else one way or the other.

If armed individuals didn't lawfully assemble enmass that day, the media would all just focus tightly on the one or two guy who did--and their readership would no doubt be quite satisfied with this distortion of the facts and vindication of their own world view--and WHY don't you already know this? How long exactly have you been doing this? The left's propaganda campaign has already begun--they are constructing the lens through which they want people to understand what is going on in VA: Armed Extremist Nazis are gathering to menace reasonable Moms who demand common sense gun reforms.

It wouldn't matter if anyone open was carrying or not, the narrative would be exactly the same. Again--WHY don't you already know this?

I personally think that It's adorable that you think that your winning, put-together outfit (so marvelously accessorized) is going to secure your gun rights for you--but only because you are dressed so very smartly, right? You shouldn't expect to have any rights if you had shown up in, let's say, a cleaning-lady's work clothes.

As for the broke-dick do-nothing shit-talkers in this thread (most of whom can't be bothered to attend a 2A or Free Speech rally in f***ing downtown BOSTON/lol) and who think the volunteer out-of-staters are taking time out of their busy lives to LARP--LARP--really?--LOL at you.

All the best.

It’s even funnier that you’re trying to shame her @minininjer for being a female and accessorize her clothing as you claim when you and your clown show are all running to amazon, 5/11 and fleabay to accessorize your commando outfits to go for a walk downtown, and then openly asking each other in an open source forum how to actually use it. That’s f***ing adorable.

Not to mention planning all of this gayness in the open. Grown men rushing to ask “can we sport bayonets? Is it legal to use a gas mask? What kind of filter should I buy? We should put guys on the rooftops as snipers if they’re too tired to walk all day. I bought 5 Skedco’s who wants to carry one? etc etc etc.”

Please continue to pretend that this isn’t a fashion show for a 90% of those guys.

I could go on about your piss poor OPSEC, people posting their exact route of march, what gear and weapons they’ll have with them in their vehicles, what time they’re traveling those routes, right down to the exact location that you’re planning to park with a link, the time you’re arriving to that parking lot and what type of vehicle you’re driving.

TL/DR; the people of VA and the VCDL are asking you not to come heavy, it’s not wanted, it distracts from their message, it’s their show, their lives and their pols, they so far have a very good relationship with them, folks should respect what they’re asking and not turn this into your own personal side show.

Why do guys feel the need to get all dressed up in GD battle rattle for a civilian rally downtown where tv cameras and Feds will be everywhere? It’s not a goddamned costume party, this is real life.

NODS (really?! It’s at 1100am downtown)
IFAKS, Plate carriers? A platoon of what?? For what? I only got thru the first page of that thread before I had to walk away shaking my head.

I respect that people want to support SOMEONE ELSES state in their fight against these BS laws, that’s great, why not just go as quiet professionals and support VA in a professional manner instead of marching in like a bunch of f***ing yahoos on a field trip?

Seriously though save that shit for the field when and if it’s needed. Not prancing around in front of cameras. At best it’s laughable, at worst you’re actually hurting another states cause and taking away from the level of professionalism that’s actually needed there.

Just my crazy rant for the day. I hate that kind of clown shoe shit. Especially from fellow .mil guys.

In 1774 there were probably some "show up with your leather gun accessories pouch, your black powder and your musket to show that we are men too and we are not afraid to let them know." Meetings. Or 1768.

In all fairness there's a thread on arfcom that he's probably feeding off of that is asking folks to list whether they're bringing everything from nods to comms to all sorts of other stuff that folks shouldnt be bringing/wearing/etc for lobby day

I’m aware, that’s what I was referencing. And even half of their membership is calling them jack holes for it too.

Look I think it’s fantastic that so many people are going, Cindy’s a close personal friend and this is hugely important for her and all of VA. But as guests or supporters or whatever we call them, folks from out of state should respect what they ask of them and not steal this time away from their lawmakers to push their own agenda, which appears up front to be simply trying to scare them into conceding and quite possibly ruining what relationship the VA’s have with their own pols so far, which was built thru long hard work and hundreds of hours of professional attention.

I’m aware, that’s what I was referencing. And even half of their membership is calling them jack holes for it too.

Look I think it’s fantastic that so many people are going, Cindy’s a close personal friend and this is hugely important for her and all of VA. But as guests or supporters or whatever we call them, folks from out of state should respect what they ask of them and not steal this time away from their lawmakers to push their own agenda, which appears up front to be simply trying to scare them into conceding and quite possibly ruining what relationship the VA’s have with their own pols so far, which was built thru long hard work and hundreds of hours of professional attention.

Translation

This is lobby day not the bundy ranch.......

All the best.

The young lady has more than earned her spurs here and doesn't need that kind of disrespect.
A gentleman would apologize.

In 1774 there were probably some "show up with your leather gun accessories pouch, your black powder and your musket to show that we are men too and we are not afraid to let them know." Meetings. Or 1768.

I’m sure there were. God bless them for it too.
These VA’s are also coming armed, but smartly and dressed appropriately for a professional meeting.

I’ll bet a lot of them have armor and 20 rifles at home, for when or if it’s needed, that’s awesome, but they're on friendly terms so far with their lawmakers and police, why ruin that by threatening them right before you shake their hand to have a sit down?

I wouldn't show up looking like GI Joe at the least business casual. You have to dress for the occasion and I think when Patriots were Patriots they wore their Sunday best. If you want to carry I'd do it concealed because you should look like a professional.
When you go to dinner how many here wear camo as a fashion statement many of you seem to think if you're going to Bass Pro it's a requirement meeting with politicians it's not and some clean underwear helps too.
This will not bode well for anyone and will give our favorite AG another avenue to attack us fight on Virginians!

The young lady has more than earned her spurs here and doesn't need that kind of disrespect.
A gentleman would apologize.

Yeah--f*** you.

The "young lady" is under the impression that our rights are derived from our wardrobe's panache, and that we need to perfume ourselves before begging them from our betters.

Let's just say that I disagree.

I think Warm-Garand should stay home and send a check to VCDL. He sounds like just the kind of guy CNN wants to "interview". His attitude is the 2A equivalent of the marchers in an LGBT "rights" parade.

Since he is not acquainted with minininjer in meatspace, one can only conclude that his comments toward her reflect mindless bigotry.

I think Warm-Garand should stay home and send a check to VCDL. He sounds like just the kind of guy CNN wants to "interview". His attitude is the 2A equivalent of the marchers in an LGBT "rights" parade.

Since he is not acquainted with minininjer in meatspace, one can only conclude that his comments toward her reflect mindless bigotry.

You are correct--I don't know a thing about minininjer except for what I have read here. And what I have read here is that she thinks that a blue collar man dressed in blue collar clothes (and not in "business casual") has no right to approach the throne.

I think the word she used was "looks like an a**h***".

Meh. You guys can keep her.

You are correct--I don't know a thing about minininjer except for what I have read here. And what I have read here is that she thinks that a blue collar man dressed in blue collar clothes (and not in "business casual") has no right to approach the throne.

lol That's not at all what I was saying. Plenty of other guys here have said what I have... dress for the occasion. Not sure why I'm being singled out.

You guys are gonna storm Richmond in the middle of the morning in full battle gear (it sounds like). For what reason, exactly? You're not walking into a war zone.

You said it yourself: "The left's propaganda campaign has already begun--they are constructing the lens through which they want people to understand what is going on in VA: Armed Extremist Nazis are gathering to menace reasonable Moms who demand common sense gun reforms. "

And showing up in battle rattle is going to change that how exactly? Because that's exactly what it will look like.

Way to twist it up. She never said anything like that. But there has been about 30+ grown men with extensive military backgrounds here and on the other site both openly stating or agreeing with the fact that you’re going to look like a bunch of mouth breathing retards marching around fully kitted out downtown at 1100am rocking NODS and bayonets and Skedco’s.

Yet you choose to turn on the only female in the mix who actually lives in that state and is a VCDL member. Classy bro.

I was at the rally on 7/20 in MA, was interviewed, named and published as saying "I will not comply with the 'interpretation', guess I'm a felon." I've been to other rallies, unfortunately can't make this one as I just (a month ago) started a new job and quite simply can't afford the trip. Well, not and keep the mortgage paid...

Regardless... Perception matters. If you want to be perceived as a thug, dress and act like one. If you want to be perceived as a skank, dress and act like one. If you want to be perceived as a "gun nut", dress and like one. If you want to be perceived as a sober, rational person, dress and act like one.

Like it or not, first impressions MATTER. Perceptions MATTER. You may be the nicest, gentlest, best educated guy in the room, but if you show up wearing dirty jeans, a wifebeater and engineer boots you'll be judged before you open your mouth. Your daughter may be sweet, respectful, and have three doctorates but if she's wearing daisy dukes, a tight tank top and stilettos guess what people are going to see. PERCEPTION MATTERS.

There's a pic of a guy being shot in the head on the street in Vietnam, was in a thread not long ago. It became an iconic view of the Vietnam War and shaped PERCEPTION for decades. But it was a snapshot out of time, and taken out of context it's horrifying. The REALITY is somewhat different, but the PERCEPTION is what people remember.

The VCDL folks have been doing this a while and it's been working. Bloomberg spent a shit-ton of money and flipped the script. These folks need a little time to show people the reality. Showing up to help is good. Bodies count. Showing up to rant doesn't. Body counts suck.

@Warm_Garand when virtually EVERYBODY tells you you're wrong, the grownup thing to do is take a beat and see if just maybe you erred. Doubling down on rhetoric is the liberal way, and sexist misogynistic labels just aren't heplful. I agree wholeheartedly with your frustrations, but the PERCEPTION is that you're acting like a jackass. Not ARE one, ACTING like one.

Went from 9 to 48 buses in about a month.
Like someone mentioned earlier, I wouldn't doubt it if all the sudden traffic, or at least the buses were blocked from getting anywhere near the rally at the last minute, or call it some kind of "domestic terror threat".

Showing up to this thing in a full kit makes no sense to me talk about putting all your cards on the table. Announcing it on an open forum is just idiotic. That day should be used to do exactly what VCDL has been doing. On top of that if you really want to assemble you talk to like minded individuals in person so you can actually see who and what they're about and form a line of communication between them that isnt out in the open for the world to see. To me it seems like the out of towners on that ARF page are hijacking this day and going to do more harm than good.

Back
Top Bottom