• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Confiscation Coming in Virginia

I'm considering going. I haven't read through all this thread, I wonder if there could be a northeastshooters meetup somewhere? Is it worth starting another thread for the idea?

Warm_Garand started this thread last week NES Richmond Attendees: Post Your Ride Share / Room Share

I live about 2 hours from Richmond and I will be driving down on Sunday (Jan 19) and staying overnight and then doing the lobby day event and the rally afterwards on Monday. I said in a previous post that I have a place in mind that I wanted to hit up for dinner the night before the events but apparently, they're now closed on Sundays. I used to go the day before MLK/Lobby Day so I guess they changed their schedule. That really sucks, it's a tiny little hole in the wall type of place, bringing Hawaiian/Malaysian fusion cuisine. It's quite good. If there's any interest in meeting up, let me know (PM me). I read that a few others are going... Warm_Garand is meeting up with friends who will be heavily armed and a couple others. Not sure who else.

There's probably not enough people going from here to start another new thread.

Last edited:
More insanity...

New bill pre-filed today:

[HB 567 Indoor shooting ranges; prohibited in buildings not owned or leased by the Commonwealth.](https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?201+ful+HB567)

Indoor shooting ranges; prohibited in buildings not owned or leased by the Commonwealth or federal government; exceptions; civil penalty. Prohibits the operation of an indoor shooting range, defined in the bill, in any building not owned or leased by the Commonwealth or federal government unless (i) fewer than 50 employees work in the building or (ii) (a) at least 90 percent of the users of the indoor shooting range are law-enforcement officers or federal law-enforcement officers, (b) the indoor shooting range maintains a log of each user's name, phone number, address, and the law-enforcement agency where such user is employed, and (c) the indoor shooting range verifies each user's identity and address by requiring all users to present a government-issued photo-identification card. The bill provides that any person that violates the provisions of this section is subject to a civil penalty of not less than $1,000 nor more than $100,000 for the initial violation and $5,000 per day for each day of violation thereafter.
I’m sure MA is already working on making this a law here too.

thats impressive.....VB is a hotbed for dumb shit.....

You ain't seen nothing yet...

Honk, honk!

"SB 436 Establishment of the Virginia Voluntary Do Not Sell Firearms List; penalty.
SUMMARY AS INTRODUCED:

Establishment of the Virginia Voluntary Do Not Sell Firearms List; penalty.
Creates the Virginia Voluntary Do Not Sell Firearms List (the List) that prohibits the possession, transportation, and sale of firearms to any person who voluntarily registers himself to be enrolled into the List. The List shall be maintained and updated by the Department of State Police. The bill makes it a Class 3 misdemeanor for any person enrolled into the List to purchase, possess, or transport a firearm. The bill disqualifies any person enrolled into the List from obtaining a concealed handgun permit and prohibits such person from being employed by a firearms dealer. The bill also makes it a Class 1 misdemeanor for any person who sells, barters, gives, or furnishes, or has in his possession or under his control with the intent of selling, bartering, giving, or furnishing, any firearm to any person he knows is enrolled into the List. The bill has a delayed effective date of July 1, 2021."

Those self reporting lists are tools for activists to put FFLs out of business with trolls. They'd also go after any private seller they could.

The best part is that the person who volunteers to be placed on the list is only subject to a Class 3 misdemeanor (fine up to $500.00, no jail time),

but any person who "knowingly" sells that person a firearm is subject to a Class 1 misdemeanor (fine up to $2,500, 12 months in jail or both).

Someone here recently posted a link to some scholarly rubbish authored by some anti-gun, liberal clown professor who suggested
the very same thing about voluntary lists, and we laughed about it.

You can't make shit like this up.

Not gonna happen, realistically. Only hope is for some kind of crash/reset, where we stop paying them to reproduce themselves, and they starve. And even then, better hope we still have plenty ammo handy when it happens.

You need to start thinking out of the box a little bit better.

That's why I made the suggestion many posts back - that all of those red county / 2A sanctuary counties should just kick the blue counties out of the state.

What I usually hear from right wingers is a bunch of whining and talk about where they're going to run away to. And that run-away place is usually specified as some "red state" in the interior of the country. I even see people talking about how they'll "run away" and then maybe in a few hundred years their ancestors will be able come back after the blue horde destroys itself.

This is just retard thinking at it's apex. First off - the thought that you're going to escape the commie horde by putting yourself into a geographic location that is surrounded by your enemies is just about the stupidest strategic thinking I can possibly imagine. Secondly - there is NO first line nation that does not have sea access. Access to the oceans is almost a prerequisite for having a fully functioning nation. Look around the entire world and down thru the entirety of human history - ALL nations become powerful be being on the sea - and being an ocean going power. There are no exceptions to this rule that I know of - except maybe Genghis Khan. So the thought that you're going to retain your "conservative" beliefs by running away to some red state Galt's Gulch state in the Midwest is just stupid.

The thought of even doing so should be banished from all right thinking right wingers.

What needs to happen here - IMHO..... is that the lefties need to be KICKED OUT. Maybe this means that we end up with a North America populated by a number of "states" and maybe multiple nations - and a bunch of city states where the blue hordes reside. There is plenty of talk in right wing circles about "separation" - well that is one form the separation could take.

Martin Van Clevald wrote back in the 90's that the nation state was in decline.

Martin Armstrong is saying that the United States will most likely cease to exist after somewhere around 2034: Is World War III on the Horizon? | Armstrong Economics

The right wing seriously needs to pull it's head out of it's ass and start thinking about what the future might look like.

Those counties should create their own State and f*ck Virginia.

I'm not even sure if it is possible for people to say f*ck it and create their own State.

It has been done at least twice before. Maine seceded from Massachusetts and West Virginia split from Virginia.

Now you're getting it................

Why wouldn't it be "possible" ? It's a matter of WILL. If you have the mental and physical will - it could be made to happen.

I posted this idea a few weeks back in this thread. With one slight deviation. I would say that the 2A sanctuary counties should KICK OUT the blue horde counties. The "red" counties should dump the blue counties - tell them "we'll be nice and give you the county land areas you live in - but you are no longer part of the state of Virginia - WE are going to retain that name, you can call yourselves Blueshitistan or whatever pleases you"

The Declaration of Independence actually lays out some of the logic behind this kind of separation, so there is precedent in American history for this type of thing.

I think the very crucial thing here is that the red counties should NOT secede, but rather they should lay claim to being the true Virginia and KICK OUT the blue horde areas. This would setup an entirely different political/social/ military dynamic than that which you would get by secession.

NES has been chock full of thread about the Civil War over the years - and a lot of those threads have had heated discussions about whether the South "had the right" to secede. There's plenty of retards out there , both blue AND red - who think that the Civil War decided the issue. I think they completely ignore the statements of the founding fathers - and especially the first two paragraphs of the Declaration. If the colonies had the right to secede from Britain - then the South had the right to secede from the United States. But that doesn't stop the retard brigade - and a secession at this point would just be used as a propaganda tool by the left against those seceding counties.

Also - and I think this is the more crucial point: Why should WE secede? Phuck you guys. YOU (lefties) exceeded the Constitutional restrictions we wish to live under - and YOU have been massaging, manipulating and mangling the form of the Republic for more than a century. The new anti-gun laws are a bridge too far. Don't legitimize their actions by legitimizing their power thru secession - delegitimize their power by saying "phuck you - you're out of here".

Your status as Virginianian citizens has been REVOKED.

Your status as Americans should be REVOKED next.

We're giving you an land mass to live in as a gift. Don't piss us off - or you'll lose that as well.

Warm_Garand started this thread last week NES Richmond Attendees: Post Your Ride Share / Room Share

I live about 2 hours from Richmond and I will be driving down on Sunday (Jan 19) and staying overnight and then doing the lobby day event and the rally afterwards on Monday. I said in a previous post that I have a place in mind that I wanted to hit up for dinner the night before the events but apparently, they're now closed on Sundays. I used to go the day before MLK/Lobby Day so I guess they changed their schedule. That really sucks, it's a tiny little hole in the wall type of place, bringing Hawaiian/Malaysian fusion cuisine. It's quite good. If there's any interest in meeting up, let me know (PM me). I read that a few others are going... Warm_Garand is meeting up with friends who will be heavily armed and a couple others. Not sure who else.

There's probably not enough people going from here to start another new thread.

Yeah--unfortunately that Ride Share/Room Share thread is a ghost town. Seems wasteful, and the epitome of missed opportunity--but oh well.

If anybody is interested in hearing an update on the "out-of-state volunteers" for what is being referred to as the "Rattlesnake Rally", the eight guys walking in together to the Capitol grounds are now about forty, and an incredible amount of cohesion and comradery has built up over the course of this one thread (link below). Pretty outstanding, actually. Give it a read if you want to take the measure of the individuals involved, their backgrounds and their thought processes.

Bad things might happen in Richmond. I hope not, but they might. There is just no telling the future--but the guys in this thread seem like a helluva good bunch of guys, and if I was going to find myself in a bad spot I'd guess right next to these guys is about the best place you could hope to be.

Why do guys feel the need to get all dressed up in GD battle rattle for a civilian rally downtown where tv cameras and Feds will be everywhere? It’s not a goddamned costume party, this is real life.

NODS (really?! It’s at 1100am downtown)
IFAKS, Plate carriers? A platoon of what?? For what? I only got thru the first page of that thread before I had to walk away shaking my head.

I respect that people want to support SOMEONE ELSES state in their fight against these BS laws, that’s great, why not just go as quiet professionals and support VA in a professional manner instead of marching in like a bunch of f***ing yahoos on a field trip?

Seriously though save that shit for the field when and if it’s needed. Not prancing around in front of cameras. At best it’s laughable, at worst you’re actually hurting another states cause and taking away from the level of professionalism that’s actually needed there.

Just my crazy rant for the day. I hate that kind of clown shoe shit. Especially from fellow .mil guys.

Yep. Jan 20 is lobby day for Virginia. For those who aren't familiar, it's basically a loosely structured business meeting with politicians. You voice your opinions to them. Now, VCDL has also added a rally outside on capitol grounds, which is great for people who want to support and get hyped but It's not a "protest" by any means.. People can wear and bring whatever the hell they want but........ seriously, night vision? at a day time rally? Why? Just because? Tacticool? They think it's gonna be Black Hawk Down or what? Long guns will distract from the message we actually want to send. People who storm the capitol with plate carriers, ballistic helmets, NVGs, and guns in the ready position are playing right into what the mass media / antis want to see. Those are the only things places like The Washington Post will talk about.

Why do guys feel the need to get all dressed up in GD battle rattle for a civilian rally downtown where tv cameras and Feds will be everywhere? It’s not a goddamned costume party, this is real life.

NODS (really?! It’s at 1100am downtown)
IFAKS, Plate carriers? A platoon of what?? For what? I only got thru the first page of that thread before I had to walk away shaking my head.

I respect that people want to support SOMEONE ELSES state in their fight against these BS laws, that’s great, why not just go as quiet professionals and support VA in a professional manner instead of marching in like a bunch of f***ing yahoos on a field trip?

Seriously though save that shit for the field when and if it’s needed. Not prancing around in front of cameras. At best it’s laughable, at worst you’re actually hurting another states cause and taking away from the level of professionalism that’s actually needed there.

Just my crazy rant for the day. I hate that kind of clown shoe shit. Especially from fellow .mil guys.
What have you against "clown shoes"?

5fcde200c7109311e44d45c4b108ef22.jpg

To each his own.

I for one would prefer a pair of Danners - as long as we are getting all tactical here.

29110.jpeg

Depending on security, I might sneak one of these in...
61p4MQ4ZlXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

But where else other than there and my mom's basement can I wear my Amazon-sourced, Chinese-made high speed-low drag stuff, like my plate carrier in flat dark black multicam (with uber-tactical(tm) level 1a plates, because we're #1, and A is for America)? And my ACR with EOTech GPNVG, which will give me a much needed advantage in FoV over a normal person, and a laser rangefinder that I will attach to the chinstrap with duct tape. Oh, and a Baofeng radio with a 18' tall antenna. Also, my concealed tactical inhaler.

--

Kidding aside, as things stand, I'm planning to be wearing a drop-legged holster with my business suit, since the laws about open carry are sufficiently sketchy that - should I somehow manage to be culled from the crowd - I don't want to get into a position of getting nipped for carrying concealed. Also, it's the only thing I own which has retention. Beyond that, I'm not 100% certain out-of-state-ers will be necessarily allowed in the state house itself, although I think they'd be hard pressed to check everybody's IDs, but maybe.

And, yes, I will also be carrying an ifak, and at least two different kinds of OC, because there's no doubt there's going to be some vast number of yahoos, and the statistical likelihood of something bad happening is sufficiently high that it's entirely coherent and boy-scout level of responsible to do so.

But, you know, I'm still going to go because this might end up being a watershed moment - say, conservative Woodstock - without the music and (hopefully) without the drugs. I kind of like the speakers lined up.

That said, the people that went to Altamont thought they were going to Woodstock too, so everything could very well go sideways, but, hey, you want to live forever?

You can make the case that it's going to have been statistically both the most dangerous and simultaneously the most safe place in the world, per armita (like per capita, but 'per gun').

Matt Bracken has a very pessimistic analysis of the potential outcomes here: RICHMOND: THE MOTHER OF ALL BUFFALO JUMPS

Scenarios range from the fake news highlighting only video of the few idiots (neonazis, mall-ninja militiaboys) as representing the whole of the 2A movement - best case - to a false flag shooting which starts a conflagration in the worst.

Matt Bracken has a very pessimistic analysis of the potential outcomes here: RICHMOND: THE MOTHER OF ALL BUFFALO JUMPS

Scenarios range from the fake news highlighting only video of the few idiots (neonazis, mall-ninja militiaboys) as representing the whole of the 2A movement - best case - to a false flag shooting which starts a conflagration in the worst.

I'm in agreement with Matt Bracken.

If a protest was going to accomplish anything - then the VA politicians never would have done this in the first place. The protest is just going to be an exercise in giving their enemies an excuse to make the pro-gun crowd look bad.

Yeah--unfortunately that Ride Share/Room Share thread is a ghost town. Seems wasteful, and the epitome of missed opportunity--but oh well.

If anybody is interested in hearing an update on the "out-of-state volunteers" for what is being referred to as the "Rattlesnake Rally", the eight guys walking in together to the Capitol grounds are now about forty, and an incredible amount of cohesion and comradery has built up over the course of this one thread (link below). Pretty outstanding, actually. Give it a read if you want to take the measure of the individuals involved, their backgrounds and their thought processes.

Bad things might happen in Richmond. I hope not, but they might. There is just no telling the future--but the guys in this thread seem like a helluva good bunch of guys, and if I was going to find myself in a bad spot I'd guess right next to these guys is about the best place you could hope to be.

And this crew thinks they are helping their cause

I see it as an entrapment tool. Some cuck puts him/herself on the list then goes and buys a gun to entrap the seller for selling to a PP. That's why the penalty to the seller is more severe than the penalty to the buyer.

That's absolutely the purpose of such laws. There's really no logical reason to make it illegal for someone to sell you a gun voluntarily. Don't want a gun? Don't like them? Don't f***ing buy one.

Kidding aside, as things stand, I'm planning to be wearing a drop-legged holster with my business suit, since the laws about open carry are sufficiently sketchy that - should I somehow manage to be culled from the crowd - I don't want to get into a position of getting nipped for carrying concealed. Also, it's the only thing I own which has retention. Beyond that, I'm not 100% certain out-of-state-ers will be necessarily allowed in the state house itself, although I think they'd be hard pressed to check everybody's IDs, but maybe.

The “lobbying” is held in the General Assembly building aka the Pocahontas Building. There is a “special” side entrance for those who wish to bring a gun inside the building with them. You must have your ID and CHP to enter the building with a gun. No backpacks. You will be wanded. Once inside, you can carry concealed or openly. As of right now, guns are still allowed inside. VCDL sent out an email this morning saying that they (the Dems) should have set the rules by the first day of the 2020 Session but they haven’t yet so we don’t know if there are changes regarding guns in the GA building.

There’s not much to do inside the building anyway, unless you live in VA and are a constituent... but maybe you have a burning desire to speak directly to politicians who aren’t your own. No one is chanting “don’t tread on me” inside the building. It will be professional, quiet, busy, crowded, and hot.

VCDL has leaders that will bring groups of members around to their respective district legislators. We speak and go as a group. If everyone went in individually, there will be no time left for anyone else.

I imagine people coming from out of state will just be there for the rally on capitol grounds.

Last edited:
Yep. Jan 20 is lobby day for Virginia. For those who aren't familiar, it's basically a loosely structured business meeting with politicians. You voice your opinions to them. Now, VCDL has also added a rally outside on capitol grounds, which is great for people who want to support and get hyped but It's not a "protest" by any means.. People can wear and bring whatever the hell they want but........ seriously, night vision? at a day time rally? Why? Just because? Tacticool? They think it's gonna be Black Hawk Down or what? Long guns will distract from the message we actually want to send. People who storm the capitol with plate carriers, ballistic helmets, NVGs, and guns in the ready position are playing right into what the mass media / antis want to see. Those are the only things places like The Washington Post will talk about.

I find it touchingly naïve that you think the Washington Post will talk about anything else one way or the other.

If armed individuals didn't lawfully assemble enmass that day, the media would all just focus tightly on the one or two guy who did--and their readership would no doubt be quite satisfied with this distortion of the facts and vindication of their own world view--and WHY don't you already know this? How long exactly have you been doing this? The left's propaganda campaign has already begun--they are constructing the lens through which they want people to understand what is going on in VA: Armed Extremist Nazis are gathering to menace reasonable Moms who demand common sense gun reforms.

It wouldn't matter if anyone open was carrying or not, the narrative would be exactly the same. Again--WHY don't you already know this?

I personally think that It's adorable that you think that your winning, put-together outfit (so marvelously accessorized) is going to secure your gun rights for you--but only because you are dressed so very smartly, right? You shouldn't expect to have any rights if you had shown up in, let's say, a cleaning-lady's work clothes.

Are you for real? This is about LAWS, babe--and Constitutional Rights.

As for the broke-dick do-nothing shit-talkers in this thread (most of whom can't be bothered to attend a 2A or Free Speech rally in f***ing downtown BOSTON/lol) and who think the volunteer out-of-staters are taking time out of their busy lives to LARP--LARP--really?--LOL at you.

All the best.

Fair and Balanced Reportage From The Washington Post:

TL/DR: The people who are attending lobby day are Nazis, and a responsible government wouldn't allow them freedom of assembly, or the freedom to petition their government.

That article is a stupid lie. The fact is that in Charlottesville the governor ordered the police to corral the pro-statue protesters (which unfortunately included a lot of dirtbags who could not be excluded from the event because freedom) right into the antifa, knowing that the antifa would start violence. If there, I would be ready for the Richmond/VASP to do the same, as ordered by the governor but cannot say that will definitely happen that way.

Anyone going from out of state needs to realize that the reason VCDL is so effective is that its members maintain their civility and professionalism throughout. There are no protests in the building, and everyone is as friendly and businesslike as can be. This sets us apart from the gun-haters, who do chant inside the building and disrupt the place. We're even polite to the antis and will hold the door open for the Moms and other bints. This is a very important thing for folks on our side to remember and abide by.

Back
Top Bottom