• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun clubs south of Boston

Garys

NES Member
Been thinking of changing gun clubs. The club I'm at has issued a whole bunch of new rules, seemingly at random. Some members have found out that the violated the rules only when they show up and can't get in because their cards are deactivated.

Which club it is doesn't matter, so please don't ask.

I've been looking on line at a couple of clubs, but haven't found one that meets my requirements.

Which are,

24 hour access to the indoor range.
Handgun, shotgun, and rifle range.
I'd like a place with Trap Shooting, but it's not a must have.
Doesn't require a "range officer" to shoot.
Not incredibly expensive.

Masspoag doesn't have rifle (other than small caliber).
Holbrook has a waiting list and a $50.00 non refundable fee to get on said list.
Braintree is possible, but it seems to have a lot of rules.

So, what else is out there? What do you like and dislike?

Gary

Old Colony (Pembroke) currently lacks indoor range, and is unlikely to be 24 hours when its' re-opened, but has excellent other facilities: IDPA pits, 200 yard heated outdoor rifle, 15 lanes (give or take, I've never counted them) of 100 yard rifle and similar number of 50 yard pistol, black powder with 3D and motion targets, and first rate trap and skeet.

Marshfield Rod and Gun Club does meet all your needs. But it would be a little trip for you. I know, as I used to live in Stoughton for most of my life. Good Luck!!

Back
Top Bottom