• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Club closure megathread

Trying to get a handle on club openings to bring to my Board and was hoping that this thread would provide information. Backtracked through 3 pages and found more "sorry for hijacking this thread" postings than I did on Club openings. Here is what I found :

Hopkinton - open
Monson - Opening this week
Old COlony - Opening this week
Braintree - conditions posted opening date pending Gov's statement
Harvard - open
Mass Rifle - closed (waiting for guidance from Gov!!!)
Wallum - open
Agawam - Opened this past weekend

Here is what I know on other clubs (unofficial)
Holbrook - Closed pending Gov statement - members sent opening rules
Monument Beach - open
Plymouth - Open
Scituate - Closed
Marshfield - Closed pending Gov statement - members sent opening rules
Hanson - Closed pending Gov statement

Any other updates?
Mansfield - waiting on Governor giving the OK

I can't say how I found out but I've seen the list of entities being announced for opening starting today. In that list it states:

"Firearms Retailer and Ranges"

Still have to follow safe guidelines but I'm was pretty surprised to see this on the May 18th list.
As much as I'd love to see this, no way in hell that I'd believe it without seeing it in print with the governor's signature and check for "disappearing ink" 4-5 days later.

Trying to get a handle on club openings to bring to my Board and was hoping that this thread would provide information. Backtracked through 3 pages and found more "sorry for hijacking this thread" postings than I did on Club openings. Here is what I found :

Hopkinton - open
Harvard - open
Wallum - open

Monument Beach - open
Plymouth - Open
Scituate - Closed

Any other updates?
My club (Cape Ann Sportsmans Club in Gloucester) has remained open both indoor and outdoor ranges. Just not open to the public on Sundays anymore. All classes/breakfasts/events canceled.

Not a member but I know Hamilton Wenham Rod and Gun club has remained "open". Can't confirm much more than that.

So it looks to me like shops and ranges can open WITHOUT restrictions?? There are no 'Additional Comments' suggesting otherwise, as opposed to other industries.

Thats How i read it as well, so only the: All businesses are required to follow Mandatory Workplace Safety Standards and Sector specific safety protocols and best practices
would apply?

Give it a few days for DeLeo and Healey to get Faker to change that list.

The other issue is the willingness or not of gun clubs to re-open (worry about liability). Time will tell on that one.

My club (Cape Ann Sportsmans Club in Gloucester) has remained open both indoor and outdoor ranges. Just not open to the public on Sundays anymore. All classes/breakfasts/events canceled.

Not a member but I know Hamilton Wenham Rod and Gun club has remained "open". Can't confirm much more than that.

Yes they have been, they have orientation for new members this week also

Thats How i read it as well, so only the: All businesses are required to follow Mandatory Workplace Safety Standards and Sector specific safety protocols and best practices
would apply?

I think these are occupancy standards? And mask requirements? Am I right?

Hopkinton - open
Harvard - open
Wallum - open

Monument Beach - open
Plymouth - Open
Scituate - Closed

Any other updates?
Georgetown still closed.

Hopkinton - open
Harvard - open
Wallum - open

Monument Beach - open
Plymouth - Open
Scituate - Closed

Any other updates?

The outdoor facilities at Southboro are and have been open. Clubhouse closed except for bathroom use.

So the latest email from Leominster Sportsmen's Association is frankly shocking to me as it appears that the board has been convinced to allow the Leominster BOH and the Police Department to enter the grounds and make "spot-checks" on an active rifle and pistol ranges.

Rules I can understand, sure no problem, but bringing in a government entity and police to enforce them on private property?

RANGE UPDATE

Range will be open, effective May 19th, with the following rules to be observed:
1) Range is open to members only and their immediate household.
2) Follow all range rules as reviewed in your range briefing.
Additionally:
3) Everyone on the range facility must wear a mask covering their nose and mouth.
4) Everyone must practice social distancing of at least 6 feet of separation.
5) All rubbish, including used masks and gloves must be removed from the range when you're finished.
6) If you have additional questions, please email XXX@XXXX
This notice will also be posted to the website.

You can expect the health department and/or LPD to perform spot-checks - please follow these new Standard Operating Procedures without exception, or you risk being responsible for having the range closed again.
Please be sure to display your valid (2020) LSA range badge while on the range. LSA RSO's as well as the LPD and Health Department know to look for them, and if you don't have it, you will be asked to leave. Immediate household members are considered guests at this time, and do not need a range badge so long as they are accompanied by an immediate household member with a valid range badge.
Be Safe, and Have Fun!

Check out the tag on the end of the line about the police/BOH spot checks, "Or you risk being responsible for having the range closed again."
Wow, talk about some passive-aggressive blame shifting horseshit.

Everybody has their own tolerance as to what they are willing to accept to get out on the range, mine doesn't extend to showing my range badge to some bureaucrat from the BOH, or explaining the legality of my various "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazines in plain view of the police when they come to check my mask fit.
If they approach me I will tell them to pound sand, and I will leave and never return, don't worry I won't be missed and there'll be bonus room for bootlickers.

🐯

So the latest email from Leominster Sportsmen's Association is frankly shocking to me as it appears that the board has been convinced to allow the Leominster BOH and the Police Department to enter the grounds and make "spot-checks" on an active rifle and pistol ranges.

Rules I can understand, sure no problem, but bringing in a government entity and police to enforce them on private property?

Check out the tag on the end of the line about the police/BOH spot checks, "Or you risk being responsible for having the range closed again."

Everybody has their own tolerance as to what they are willing to accept to get out on the range, mine doesn't extend to showing my range badge to some bureaucrat from the BOH, or explaining the legality of my various "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazines in plain view of the police when they come to check my mask fit.
If they approach me I will tell them to pound sand, and I will leave and never return, don't worry I won't be missed and there'll be bonus room for bootlickers.

🐯
WTF? Why is the LPD wandering around private property? Who invited them in?

MassRifle in Woburn still closed. I thought they were better than that.
Super irritating.
To be fair, it just happened today. Give them until tomorrow before getting too bunched in the undergarments. (I don't think any of these places should have been closed to begin with but its getting to late for that)

🐯
WTF? Why is the LPD wandering around private property? Who invited them in?
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING???!!!???!!!

Time to demand a special election and vote those fvckers out.

To be fair, it just happened today. Give them until tomorrow before getting too bunched in the undergarments. (I don't think any of these places should have been closed to begin with but its getting to late for that)

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING???!!!???!!!

Time to demand a special election and vote those fvckers out.

True but they had how many weeks to have some sort of plan in place to reopen? Other ranges have already sent out confirmations of reopening with guidances.

MassRifle in Woburn still closed. I thought they were better than that.

Lol not a chance, not surprised that they are still closed, either. Most of the loop clubs know they have a captive audience. They don't even care if people leave over it either, because they know they will have a bunch of lemmings to fill empty slots and pay dues, especially in an election year.

-Mike

BGRA sent this today:
Hello Members!

Thank you all for updating and confirming your email addresses with us.

Although these updates are “shotgunned” to all of you as a group, your individual e-mail identities should not show up to each other. Please let me know immediately if you find that this is not the case. We respect the privacy of each of you.

As you may be aware, Governor Baker and Mayor Walsh have announced critical guidelines today regarding the gradual reopening of businesses, public recreational enterprises and private membership clubs.

As soon as the BGRA’s executive board has analyzed these State and Local guidelines, we will inform you of how activities at the BGRA will be restarted.

Thank you all for your patience and support as the club navigates its way toward normal operations.

We all want to get back to shooting as soon as possible.

Thanks! And stay tuned...

🤠Gary K.
BGRA Senior Firearms Instructor

Back
Top Bottom