Gun Club closure megathread

A hand-written letter to the Board of Directors can still go a long way and serves as a formal introduction.
Tell them about yourself and why you want to join their Club. Someone will jump at the chance to sponsor you...

~Enbloc

Last edited:
My club NEVER CLOSED. They canceled all public events, membership meetings and closed off access to non-members and stopped accepting membership applications. But existing members were always, and continue to be, granted access to the ranges.

Same, except we never stopped accepting new members.

A hand-written letter to the Board of Directors can still go a long way and serves as a formal introduction.
Tell them about yourself and why you want to join their Club. Someone will jump at the chance to sponsor you...

~Enbloc

This right here. If your local club lists the email address for the board, or any individual board members, contact one and let them now you are interested in joining. This is exactly our preferred method right now. I know anyone on our board would be happy to talk to any prospective new members.

Personally I would prefer for 90% of Ma**h***s to wake up an realize their idea base sucks, throw out our entire political class and elect rabid 2A supporters who roll back 110% of all gun laws in MA. Then they enact a few to F with the feds: machines guns allowed, silencers allowed, etc.
Lol good luck with that considering like 80% of MA voters are either moonbats or fake independents that suck for voting for moonbats.

Good luck finding even 10 percent of MA voters to accomplish that task![slap]
We are a few percent at best and then we have the fudds taking up a couple of those as well![rofl2]
General Custer had a better chance then we do here in MA![banghead]

I'm a firearm owner..But...[troll]

Personally I would prefer for 90% of Ma**h***s to wake up an realize their idea base sucks, throw out our entire political class and elect rabid 2A supporters who roll back 110% of all gun laws in MA. Then they enact a few to F with the feds: machines guns allowed, silencers allowed, etc.

Suppressors should be allowed regardless of the political theater over AWB and the "evil" guns. That's just a basic failure to understand that they don't work like a Hollywood movie. Lawmakers here think it's going to be like a John Wick movie, with people having undetected shootouts in public places. The reality is that it would still be loud enough to warrant ear pro with most calibers. And it wouldn't bring a spike in criminal activity with suppressors. If they are going to use them, they would already be using them, being criminals and all. For the rest, it's a ridiculous federal review and a $200 tax stamp, which should weed out inappropriate people.

The argument there should be a parallel to cars. Cars have mufflers to make them socially acceptable and hearing safe. It doesn't make them silent. You can still easily hear a car even with a muffler. That's all a suppressor will do for a gun.

Wifey made me a functional birthday card for the day. Thank you to Hopkinton Sportsmen Association and @Bob for being reasonable and re-opening, and to @LuvDog Who answered my initial question as well. Had myself a hell of a birthday!

Don’t worry, we left the bay cleaner than how we found it. Someone blew up actual latex balloons (great idea) to shoot but left the remnants all over. Wife and I are particularly fond of wildlife so picked up all of what we could find. Trashy.
Also, there’s a pair of geese with 4 babies nesting near the pond. Life indeed goes on.E2DAF832-3353-4F1D-A517-165D771DF3B3.jpeg

79F259A6-4B7A-4247-B01F-F23E7B975A29.jpeg

I found this cute little rascal the other day.
Not nearly as 'lucky' as yours...

View attachment 356982
That’s delicious stuff. Rub it on your body liberally, great moisturizer!
Sorry to pull away from your poison... Oak? But my wife also found this sprouting acorn at the range. 52C9685E-5545-48FC-B6C9-42533FF45411.jpeg
between the lead, brass, and BS, nature uh, uh, finds a way.

The Braintree Rifle & Pistol Club sent this notice today:
Notice to All Members
As of this date we do not have a definite date for re-opening the club. We are awaiting Governor Bakers order regarding re-opening. We are hopeful that we can re-open in some fashion in the very near future.
Notice of re-opening will be sent via email and will be posted on the web site.
We cannot and will not respond to emails regarding re-opening.

In an effort to insure the safety, health and well-being of our members, and in an effort to limit potential exposure to Covid-19 the following will be strictly enforced.
  • NO GUESTS will be allowed until further notice. No use of the club for instructional purposes of students will be allowed.
  • Use of the club will be restricted to members only.
  • Safe distancing must be maintained and persons on the property may be limited.
  • No meetings will be held at the club through the summer.
  • The juniors and the JROTC will be suspended until further notice.
  • Members are required to use shooting positions as marked only.
  • Protective masks must be worn when inside any building at all times and outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained. Persons that fail to adhere to any of these rules will be asked to leave the property.
  • Members are not allowed to congregate in any building.
  • Range officers must be present for shooting to occur on the outdoor ranges and all club rules will be strictly enforced.
  • Hand sanitizer station will be provided for each building.
  • Cleaning will be conducted on a more regular basis to include the wiping with disinfectant of all hard surfaces in range and bathrooms. Disinfectant will be available for member’s use.
  • The gun cleaning area will be closed. No gun cleaning will be allowed on the premises.
  • No food or beverage consumption is allowed on the premises.
It is the Executive Board's goal to keep the club open and operational for use by our members in the days to come. Maintaining a safe environment is paramount. If, however, these rules are not followed, we will be forced to close.

The Boston Gun and Rifle Association also has been texting members about sending out notice soon about reopening details.

Any club waiting for Faker to give them the OK, will be waiting until the next millenium! There is no way in hell that he, Healey and DeLeo will ever purposely allow gun ranges to open. The courts MIGHT (maybe 4 users/hour, each getting 15 minutes max), but that is the only way they will ever get the OK to reopen in MA!

Any club waiting for Faker to give them the OK, will be waiting until the next millenium!

I hope you're wrong Len...but of course deep down I'm afraid you're right.

I think it's time for clubs to all simply decide that they're open and let the chips fall where they may. Exercise all the standard Corona precautions, don't open to public/guests, whatever reasonable controls need to be there to keep people healthy....but open. Enough is enough.

I think it's time for clubs to all simply decide that they're open and let the chips fall where they may. Exercise all the standard Corona precautions, don't open to public/guests, whatever reasonable controls need to be there to keep people healthy....but open. Enough is enough.

If the judge does not open the ranges at the end of the month, my opinion is that it is time for mass disobedience. Leave Faker Baker and his sidekick, Dimples the Tyrant, with a fait accompli. Speaking of fait accompli, I found the roads jam packed with people today. Rt. 495 heading to the Cape was heavy. I think that a LOT of people are giving the metaphorical middle finger to Faker.

Update from Agawam Revolver Club:
ARC Board of Directors is pleased to announce the outdoor ranges will open
Saturday May 16th with the following conditions per the Southwick Board of Health.

Please read carefully as failure to adhere to these conditions may result in the ranges being closed.

• Member and their immediate family only – NO GUESTS ALLOWED AT THIS TIME for shooting or observing. Members must carry their membership cards at this time and be prepared to present card if requested by Board Member.
  • 6-foot social distancing must be maintained. The 6-foot standard applies to both shooters as well as those observing standing/seated behind the shooters. NO EXCEPTIONS
  • All persons must wear face covering. Consider wearing gloves as well
  • Board Members will make periodic site visits to ensure all mandated guidelines are being followed.
  • The Clubhouse will be locked at this time. Members should come prepared with their own hand cleaning method when using the ranges. Unfortunately rest rooms will not be available.
  • Please bring a cell phone for any emergencies as the phone in the clubhouse is not available.
We thank the membership for your understanding at this difficult time. Please be aware that the President has been in constant communication with the Southwick Board of Health to allow members to use our facility. We believe the above conditions are reasonable given the current situation and thank the Southwick Board of Health for their assistance and guidance. We will advise the membership of any changes regarding the use of the rest of our facility.

• The Board of Directors

Any club waiting for Faker to give them the OK, will be waiting until the next millenium! There is no way in hell that he, Healey and DeLeo will ever purposely allow gun ranges to open. The courts MIGHT (maybe 4 users/hour, each getting 15 minutes max), but that is the only way they will ever get the OK to reopen in MA!

I'm thinking you're right there.
Golf courses are open because your wealthy campaign donors want to get their 18 holes in ?
And let's not kid ourselves that's the reason.
Then F*ck you let's see you justify one against the other.

Does anyone know what the enforcement mechanism is for failure to pay a masking fine?

In many cases, the fines have a built in enforcement - for example, failure to renew a driving license or vehicle registration if there is an unpaid fine. Some town bills like water just get added to the tax lien on the property.

What is the enforcement mechanism if someone gets a $300 ticket and just does not pay? Does it move from civil to criminal or become an arrestable offense, or does the town need to get a court order compelling payment and then go through the constable thing to seize property?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the enforcement mechanism is for failure to pay a making fine?

In many cases, the fines have a built in enforcement - for example, failure to renew a driving license or vehicle registration if there is an unpaid fine. Some town bills like water just get added to the tax lien on the property.

What is the enforcement mechanism if someone gets a $300 ticket and just does not pay? Does it move from civil to criminal or become an arrestable offense, or does the town need to get a court order compelling payment and then go through the constable thing to seize property?

"making fine"?

Typo for "mask fine"?

Does anyone know what the enforcement mechanism is for failure to pay a making fine?

How about everyone that gets a ticket asks for their day in court, just like a speeding ticket. Clog up the courts worse than n they already are. Odds are they will get dismissed...

I've heard that some clubs discussed it with their local BOH and set rules in place to open outdoor ranges to members only with the BOH blessing. I don't have any specifics.
I know that my MA club won't do this, so I don't expect them to reopen this year.

Probably add it to the lien on the house if it was a homeowner. But IIRC, someone not driving has a right to not ID themselves (IIRC it was a court case some years ago, likely not in MA).

I know that this constable will NOT serve those kind of papers. I previously refused to serve a lawsuit in a AZ (Phoenix IIRC) red-light cam case. We have a right to refuse to serve a paper if we want to . . . doesn't mean that someone else won't do it however.

How about everyone that gets a ticket asks for their day in court, just like a speeding ticket. Clog up the courts worse than n they already are. Odds are they will get dismissed...
This is a smart move and almost assures dismissal.

Update out of Springfield Sportsman's Club in Monson, MA:
I was not pleased they shut to begin with. might join another club, that had the balls to allow members to use OUR facilities.

tldr: opening May 18th, members only, pactice social yaddy yaddy yada

COVID-19 CLUB UPDATE

As of May 18th, Springfield Sportsman’s Club will be re-opening to MEMBERS ONLY with limitations and strict guidelines based on current governmental mandates and recommendations. Limitations and guidelines are as follows:
· Member MUST have membership card available at all times
· Guests will not be permitted for any reason
· All club houses and restrooms will be closed · Sanitize all areas before use – INCLUDING gate lock - This is YOUR personal responsibility - You must supply your own sanitizing products – wipes, sprays and hand sanitizer will NOT be provided by SSC
· Practice social distancing – Only members of the same household (family memberships) may be congregated closer than 6’ apart
· Please use your range time efficiently - We have a large member base and many members are anxious to get on the range. Please use your time efficiently to allow others a chance to use the ranges as well.
This re-opening is a trial basis. The ranges and member practices will be monitored closely by Activity Directors and other Board members. If infractions to the above guidelines are found we will be forced to close until all governmental restrictions have been lifted.

Please do your part as a responsible club member so we may stay open for everyones enjoyment in this tough, chaotic time!

Probably add it to the lien on the house if it was a homeowner. But IIRC, someone not driving has a right to not ID themselves (IIRC it was a court case some years ago, likely not in MA).
Adding a lien when not specifically provided by statute would probably take a court order, and trickier if the house is jointly owned by someone else and/or held in trust.

Back
Top Bottom