Gun Club closure megathread

Copicut Rfile Association:

In accordance with the CDC, the Governor of The Commonwealth of Massachusetts and The President of the United States guidelines regarding the coronavirus I am issuing the following statement, effective today, April 1, 2020, all scheduled and non-scheduled events at The Copicut Rifle Range will be suspended until further notice. This includes but is not limited to all shooting events, work parties, training classes and NEW MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS including orientation classes. The ranges will remain OPEN for members only but, PLEASE observe the guidelines and distancing rules for safety due to the outbreak.
I encourage you to stay home, reload, catch up on your gun cleaning and yard work. The Copicut Rifle Association will not be liable for the spreading of the virus. We want all our members and their families to remain safe and healthy. Should any changes occur with the guidelines, I encourage you to follow them without notice from the Association. Hopefully this will all be over soon..Stay safe

Happy Trails to You....Until We Meet Again, George Tripp, President - Copicut Rifle Association

Rod & Gun of New Bedford:

Until further notice all meetings and events scheduled for the Club are cancelled. No new members will be accepted for the foreseeable future. The ranges will be open for now, but remember to maintain a safe interval.

Yup. I've been going to my local outdoor range at least twice per week and lately I've had the whole range to myself. Based on previous conversations I had with other members, I think many aren't going because of their lack of ammo and the corona crap. Sucks many didn't buy the ammo cheap and stack it deep...

*Some of us couldn’t buy it cheap and stack it deep because we lack the funds to have anywhere near 1000 rds. of anything but .22 on hand. It’s a broad brush you paint with.

However, I still took my wife to the range yesterday because a few hundred rds. of 9 and 5.56 was well worth it as she’s been working from our dinner table for a month and it was our anniversary. Hopkinton outdoor range is definitely open as there were 3 or 4 other people there. With the exception of the 100/200 yd. range, people are separated in their respective bays so distancing is a non-issue. I certainly felt safer there than at the damn grocery store, that’s for sure.

Hopkinton outdoor range is definitely open as there were 3 or 4 other people there. With the exception of the 100/200 yd. range, people are separated in their respective bays so distancing is a non-issue. I certainly felt safer there than at the damn grocery store, that’s for sure.
Gee, you got a private range for your visit. Who woulda thunk? (reference to post 165)

Last edited:
Just got an email Hamilton rod and gun closed.

Got the same email...oddly enough we got an email 2 hours earlier giving us the days in April/May when the local PD will be using the rifle range for training....hmmm, I wonder if the PD training is going to get cancelled? 🤔

Folks, We hate to do this but because of Gov. Bakers order we have to close the ranges. This has been verified with local officials. Effective immediately. As of now we would say hiking and fishing is allowed.

It is with heavy heart that I pass on the following message from the President of Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club:

In compliance with the State Mandate regarding the Coronavirus, the Worcester Pistol & Rifle Club is closed until further notice.

[/end of statement]

Stay safe, stay sanitized, and stay aware. Keep your families and loved ones safe and take all precautions.

Jay

1586006387871.png

Last edited:
Springfield Sportsman Club Closed effective today. This is bullshit. These clubs with large outdoor ranges need to start standing up to this. Don't really see how a sportsman's club qualifies as a business anyway.
It is bullshit. I can understand small indoor ranges but outdoor ranges should be easy to follow social distancing guidelines. I think my club is going to be one of the few staying open it seems

Lol. It's this shit that drove me to post that nasty Poll...

As we are all staying home to be safe, the New Bedford Revolver and Rifle club is closed until further notice.
There will be no meetings or no access to the range. Please remain safe and healthy during this trying time.

Addieville in Burrillville, RI is closed - Addieville is more of a pay range than a private gun club, although it does have a membership system.

1586105042555.png

I am going to guess some of the busybody anti gun shitbags that live near these clubs are starting to armflap to the kopsch to close some of them..

On some groups on faceplant there are even other gun owners that are being shitbirds about this. "go home, the club should
close, even the shooting benches will spread germs" and all kinds of other alarmist bullshit.

-Mike

I am going to guess some of the busybody anti gun shitbags that live near these clubs are starting to armflap to the kopsch to close some of them..
I just got done reading a lengthy string on our local Next-door forum regarding just this issue. 10 minutes later, the e-mail from Dan was in my inbox.

A problem is that in wanting to be good citizens, gun clubs can tend to roll over at the slightest request. For example, agreeing to close outdoor ranges without first asking the police if it is a request or an order - the later being necessary to set the stage for litigation.

I'm puzzled how an LEO can drive around a private club telling members to go home.
If this gets worse, they'll be driving around your private property and tell you to "Stay in your homes."...

Jeez... I've been missing MA gun clubs since I moved up here (nearest club is 45 minutes away, and there are no action pistol pits there). Now I'm glad I can shoot on my property. Can't shut THAT down.

Back
Top Bottom