Gun Club closure megathread

Lenox Sportsmans club.
The Club and all of its ammenities are closed to all members and guests till at least 4/7/2020 Per Order of Gov Charlie Baker to help combat the spread of COVID-19

Taking a SWAG at it . . . it is costly and damn near impossible for a volunteer club to disinfect all areas of the club and there is a very serious concern about spreading this virus, thus the reaction to close the facilities.

Here's a clue as to why these are wise decisions . . . a letter written by 50 Boston/Brookline doctors about this virus;

Not to mention that a lot of the members, at my clubs anyway, are 50+, with some in their 80s. Just not worth the risk and most clubs, as you said, don’t have the resources to clean everything frequently.

Highland Rod and Gun in RI is re-opening to its members:

Hello Highland Members and our guest.

Each day brings more changes and/or information. We are happy to report, Highland will be partially reopening.
Meaning, guest are not allowed unless they are occupied by a member. Our members have provisions to adhere to and they were emailed them tonight.
There will be no functions, no classes, no test taking for hunters Ed, nothing.
Trap is still closed on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.

Please..if you plan on coming with a member and have a cold, running nose, sore throat, just feel blah of any kind.. STAY HOME! The health of our members, guest and families are very important to us.

We hope everyone stays healthy during this time! Hopefully we are fully functional soon.

Thank you.

Tommy Hoppe
[email protected]
401-219-0871

^ beat me to it.....

CLUBHOUSE CLOSED

Gov. Charlie Baker announced a statewide stay-at-home “advisory” this week. To comply with this advisory the Board has decided that the clubhouse will be closed until April 10, 2020. The Board will meet on or before April 9 and evaluate if the club can be reopened based on the status of the virus and any orders from the Government. Only the Officers and Members of the Board will have access to the club as required to perform their official club duties.

All Meetings, Group gatherings, and other events in the clubhouse are not permitted. The April Board meeting is postponed until April 9th, and the April Orientation Meeting is postponed until April 11th.

SCHEDULED SHOOTS CANCELLED

All scheduled shoots – rifle, pistol, trap and skeet – are cancelled until further notice. The outdoor ranges (rifle, trap, skeet) will remain open, but we strongly suggest that the following best practices be followed:

BEST PRACTICES

If you are not feeling well, stay at home.

Follow basic prevention measures such as: cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose, clean things that you touch, use hand sanitizer frequently.

Please bring your own sanitizing materials to clean your shooting station and club facilities after each use.

Outdoor Range

A minimum safe distance of 6' should be maintained between yourself and the next member. Ideally leave an open lane between shooters, and implement “social distancing”

Trap Field

No more than 3 people in the Trap House at a time, and maintain safe distances between each person. On the line, keep an open position between the shooters. Wipe down the controls, desk, and equipment when you are finished using the field.

Skeet Field

Only 3 shooters should participate in each round of Skeet. Please wipe down the controls and equipment when finished using the facility.

Other areas – Please keep a safe, social distance at all times.

Hey Mike, anyway you want to add Gun Shops that are closed/open/appointment only to save the guys a trip...?

619DW Guns & Ammo Merrimack, NH ~ CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Merrimack Firearms Merrimack, NH ~ BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Pete's Gun Hudson, NH ~ OPEN

Very happy to see HSC not go crazy and close. I don’t know anyone who’s outside touching all the surfaces and getting close to people shooting in groups more than 3 on a typical day. I definitely understand being cautious with the shooting events and not the ranges themselves 👍

Hey Mike, anyway you want to add Gun Shops that are closed/open/appointment only to save the guys a trip...?

619DW Guns & Ammo Merrimack, NH ~ CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Merrimack Firearms Merrimack, NH ~ BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Pete's Gun Hudson, NH ~ OPEN

no offense intended, but this is the gun club closure thread. the original thread on this turned into a total s**t show.

that said, ames R & P is open to members as of now, no organized shoots, meetings, work parties. health safety cautions in place.

i will update immediately if this changes

my range joined the nation of pu$$ies this week. Hard to believe this is the same nation that survived a true depression and then went on to win a world war.

Very happy to see HSC not go crazy and close. I don’t know anyone who’s outside touching all the surfaces and getting close to people shooting in groups more than 3 on a typical day. I definitely understand being cautious with the shooting events and not the ranges themselves 👍
Enjoyed the club as well today.

Back
Top Bottom