Gun Club closure megathread

Mass Rifle Association email this morning (implied everything else is open):

The Fazio range will be closed until further notice. The switch for the air handler

is malfunctioning and will not be repaired for a few weeks.

Please abide by all rules and signage

Thank You and be Safe and Healthy

Bozrah, Connecticut - Quaker Hill Rod & Gun Club

ALL " Club Sanctioned Events" are now canceled until further notice.
Please be sure to follow the CDC guidelines regarding social distancing and ways to protect yourself and your families.
Also all work parties are canceled until a future date.

What about facilities or is it just events?

Independent Sportsmens Club in Foxboro just announced it's closing the facility until the Governor's order is rescinded.

Andover sportmans just did.
Just got a text from a director, closed for duration of lockdown.......gee, you don't think they just mean me(cough,cough)

I'm on the web site now - ASC is NOT closed.

Per the site:

Trap Field Policy Change

Beginning today, Wednesday March 18, 2020 and continuing until further notice, both trap fields will be closed to the general public.

Members only will be allowed on the fields.

All operators can and will use their personal judgment on whether to open and run the field at their scheduled time.

There is no club enforced closure at this time.

Thank you for your cooperation and please, stay well.

I'm on the web site now - ASC is NOT closed.

Per the site:

Trap Field Policy Change

Beginning today, Wednesday March 18, 2020 and continuing until further notice, both trap fields will be closed to the general public.

Members only will be allowed on the fields.

All operators can and will use their personal judgment on whether to open and run the field at their scheduled time.

There is no club enforced closure at this time.

Thank you for your cooperation and please, stay well.
Getting tired of being called a liar over old notices. Just repeating what a range director told me and others that work on it. Guess he was ill informed or Brad just hasn't got around to posting it.

Getting tired of being called a liar over old notices. Just repeating what a range director told me and others that work on it. Guess he was ill informed or Brad just hasn't got around to posting it.

I never called you a liar, I'm just posting what I saw on the website. I'm an active member at ASC and got a sinking feeling when I saw your post so I went to the website (still nothing posted about the club being closed). Pretty sure a member-wide e-mail would have gone out if the club was closed down until further notice. They're sent out all the time about rules on the range, guest policy, etc...

I never called you a liar, I'm just posting what I saw on the website. I'm an active member at ASC and got a sinking feeling when I saw your post so I went to the website (still nothing posted about the club being closed). Pretty sure a member-wide e-mail would have gone out if the club was closed down until further notice. They're sent out all the time about rules on the range, guest policy, etc...
Don't know what to tell you, had plans of going there myself this AM before I got the text. If it's not posted then go, just trying to pass along info.

UPDATE:

Westford Sportsmen's Club is open with the following restrictions:

All facilities are closed to the general public.

The following applies to members:

Clubhouse is closed.
This includes indoor range, and restrooms. We are asking all members to only use the clubhouse in an emergency. We are not able to keep the facility clean and up to the new suggested health standards.

All organized events are canceled until further notice. Please see our website for updates and further details. Westford Sportsmen's Club, Inc. | 80 West Street, Westford, MA

Outdoor pistol, rifle ranges and grounds remain open. All members are urged to follow the current health guidelines, and distancing requirements. Users will need to supply their own cleaning supplies and wipe down all surfaces before and after use.

Above all else, WASH YOU HANDS!

Westford Sportsmen is open, including clubhouse (?) and all outdoor ranges. Appropriate social distancing and all other safety recommendations are encouraged.

All groups, meetings, and group activities are canceled.

I am a board member and "in the loop".

Edit: 3/24, 4:45 PM. Discussion is now being had regarding this and will be updated soon.

Last edited:
Northampton Revolver Club and Springfield Sportsman are open for now. Though as I typed this I remember that I saw Springfield on there already, but NRC is definitely still open.

BTW, Fazio at MRA is OPEN to air pistols, closed to firearms (lot's of particulars at MRA, thanks for cataloguing all this!).

We are allowing Fazio Range to be used for air pistol ONLY until repairs to air handler can be completed. If you use the range for air pistol, you must ensure the range closure sign is returned to the front of the range access door.

Thanks

Don't know what to tell you, had plans of going there myself this AM before I got the text. If it's not posted then go, just trying to pass along info.
Would it be appropriate for you to text him back and ask him to either clarify, and/or make the info available to the other members via email/website as they did with all of the other Wu-Flu directives?

BTW, Fazio at MRA is OPEN to air pistols, closed to firearms (lot's of particulars at MRA, thanks for cataloguing all this!).

We are allowing Fazio Range to be used for air pistol ONLY until repairs to air handler can be completed. If you use the range for air pistol, you must ensure the range closure sign is returned to the front of the range access door.

Thanks

will edit

Riverside in hudson MA has restrictions:

Please be advised that Clubhouse and Indoor Pistol, Air Rifle, and
Archery ranges will be closed until April 7th due to the COVID-19
Cornavirus.

Also Skeet and Trap will be closed until Thursday of the same week
April 9th.

The outdoor Rifle and Pistol Ranges will be open for your use.

If using the outdoor ranges please follow the CDC guideline and
maintain adequate social distancing, and use a hand sanitizer.

The outdoor Archery Ranges are not ready for use yet. We will notify
you when they are available.

Please watch for future announcements on the club website, facebook
page and online calendar.

Shawme Fish and Game Club.
All events and meetings postponed till further notice. Indoor range and clubhouse closed through April 7th. Outdoor range will remain open.

Westwood Gun Club closed until April 7

maybe weather will be nicer by then

WGC Now Closed Until April 7th​

Westwood Gun Club is ceasing all operations and closing the ranges effective now through April 7th at noon, due to Massachusetts' Essential Services And Revised Gatherings Order issued March 23, 2020.

The gates are locked to prohibit member access. Board members will periodically check the property to ensure it is secured but otherwise please do not congregate on the property.

The Club Board unfortunately reached this conclusion after much discussion, reviewing a GOAL advisory memo, and conversation with town officials. This is a temporary measure in response to State Emergency Orders so unless the state issues new orders, we intend to reopen the Club on April 7th at noon.

To contact the Club Board, reply to this email or email [email protected]

ASC Update. Open Til Friday.

To All Members:
Pursuant to Governor Baker's order on March 23 and by a Board of Director ("Board") vote, all activities of the Andover Sportsmen's Club shall cease and the Club declared as "Shut-down" effective mid night Thursday March 26, 2020 and will remain Shut-down for a period of two weeks until a new vote of the Board is taken on Friday April 10, 2020 to decide if the closure should be amended, ended or extended. Closure/shut-down includes all ranges, all training classes, all food service and all social occasions. The exceptions will be restricted only to Directors plus security staff monitoring so long as they are engaged only in administration, maintenance or security matters.

Norco Sportsmans - Clubhouse, Skeet and Trap and Organized events closed til end of April, or until BOD gives open date.

Outdoor Ranges Open to Members Only with Guidelines to social distance.

RI Indoor Pay Range Closed: Sporting Shoppe in Hope Valley

90434779_2787846448008629_4515096756605681664_n.jpg

It’s really good of them to extend the membership.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom