• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun buyback on target

then of course, there's the mentality of Boris showing up with all the lowers "legitimizes" the program. They put dozens of lowers on a table, take photos and say how "effective" they are on getting guns off the street. And specifically in worcester, they took a bunch of "homemade" guns with no serial numbers and unable to be traced
Yes, but they exhaust all their funds on a box of plastic that Boris can replace for pennies on the dollar and he has grocery money for the rest of the year, plus enough to fund an open carry BBQ ;)

then of course, there's the mentality of Boris showing up with all the lowers "legitimizes" the program. They put dozens of lowers on a table, take photos and say how "effective" they are on getting guns off the street. And specifically in worcester, they took a bunch of "homemade" guns with no serial numbers and unable to be traced

Which is all well and good, until Boris gets an interview with the same place, and counters everything. IN YOUR FACE WORCESTER!

From the numbers given, they average about 200 firearms every time.
It does not say in this article, are they destroyed?
0126gun_buyback-465x620.jpg

No way they take in 200. The article says the 4 or 5 took in that many. The Waltham one last Sept netted less than 50. And yes they will all be destroyed. The only way one doesn't is if it is a very very historic gun. In that case they may send it to a WW2 museum or something. But none will go to any cops or anyone else, they get cut up and scrapped.

I get the mentality that these gun buy backs should be ignored, this worked so well in the previous years.

I imagine the WPD having this as their centerpiece:

IMAG1327.jpg

You guys have been living under a rock? http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/676733_.html

If you can pour a drink, you, your retarded cousin and his pet hamster could be making 100s of these in a day. Do you want to make some money?

75$ for an assault rifle, shit, for $2 in plastic I'd be happy to get just a few in. In retrospect, a few buckets may tip them off, also you can't secure those buckets to carry back legally, in case they don't pay.

If anyone else wants to join the fun of seeing a cop saying that ATF regulated gun is not actually a gun, come join me. I'll try to roll in around 9am. They would not refuse buying back assault military killy rifle in the same style (but in hot pink or gold sparkles) that killed all those kids in Newtown? ****, I'll contact those libtard activist parents personally to tell them that.

You can stand in line and chat how some dumbass brought some gun that turned out to be worth tens of thousands [laugh] and see old widows re-thinking that $25 gift card.

If I wasn't working over time tomorrow I'd be so down to watch this happen.

0126gun_buyback-465x620.jpg

Talk about style - running his own buyback to compete and taunting the police with free donuts.

If anyone else wants to join the fun of seeing a cop saying that ATF regulated gun is not actually a gun, come join me.
They could always say "We are using the state of MA definition of firearm, not the federal one".

agh, well this is a deal breaker:
"Turn in your operable gun and receive gift certificates to local supermarkets. (limit of 4 guns per person):"
also ...
"Also accepting non-operable guns, live ammunition and firearm accessories (no gift certificates issued)."

I guess I'll skip this one and better prep for the next instead.

$50 for an old Iver Johnson .32 revolver with bad timing, and a pitted barrel is a darn good deal for the Seller !

($100 would be better - come one, someone must have a Trust Fund they can use to sweeten the pot)

Let's get those nasty old IJ's off the street before they hurt somebody !

Last edited:
@ 50$/pistol it's not really worth it, unless you get some illegals downtown making these.
Serious question on the printing.

The 3d printed Liberator is THAT expensive to print? Is it material cost, or something else?

Wrt the buy backs, there has to be a quick and easy one shot zip gun that could be mass handmade from some old pens out car antennas... (or maybe a garden trowel)

Wasn't that you in the picture of CT. gun owners standing in line to register their guns??????[grin]

I get the mentality that these gun buy backs should be ignored, this worked so well in the previous years.

I imagine the WPD having this as their centerpiece:

IMAG1327.jpg

You guys have been living under a rock? http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/676733_.html

If you can pour a drink, you, your retarded cousin and his pet hamster could be making 100s of these in a day. Do you want to make some money?

If those lowers were any fruitier, they could get married in Massachusetts, oops I mean the US.

Serious question on the printing.

The 3d printed Liberator is THAT expensive to print? Is it material cost, or something else?

Wrt the buy backs, there has to be a quick and easy one shot zip gun that could be mass handmade from some old pens out car antennas... (or maybe a garden trowel)

3d printing isn't the technology that you are looking for. 3D printed AR receiver is about $25 to print and it takes long time. Cast plastic is about $2.50 and few minutes of labor.

With casting, you can use composites, like kevlar or steel inserts, so you can make a design that's much stronger than pure 3D printed. I suppose that you can make a hybrid, to be printed in 3D to be distributed around the world, but which will be ultimately cast.

I don't know, for $50 return, it's possible to design something like this, but it needs to be designed from ground up.

3d printing isn't the technology that you are looking for. 3D printed AR receiver is about $25 to print and it takes long time. Cast plastic is about $2.50 and few minutes of labor.

With casting, you can use composites, like kevlar or steel inserts, so you can make a design that's much stronger than pure 3D printed. I suppose that you can make a hybrid, to be printed in 3D to be distributed around the world, but which will be ultimately cast.

I don't know, for $50 return, it's possible to design something like this, but it needs to be designed from ground up.
If not for the recent SCOTUS ruling, I'd tell you I love you, but I don't want to give you the wrong impression. I'm already happily married! But I am off to research cast plastic receivers...

Was someone going to go there this morning, and put up a sign next to the turn-in?

If so, how did it go? Some pushback would be nice, otherwise, the paper puts out a one-sided story. This stuff is beyond me right now. Trying to get ready for two trips coming up, plus a parent in the hospital and kids out of school.

Was someone going to go there this morning, and put up a sign next to the turn-in?

If so, how did it go? Some pushback would be nice, otherwise, the paper puts out a one-sided story. This stuff is beyond me right now. Trying to get ready for two trips coming up, plus a parent in the hospital and kids out of school.

When I went with a sign to the waltham one, the paper mentioned me but quoted the cops saying that I was illegally trying to buy guns or something and they shooed me away. The local newspapers take dicatation from the cops. They'll either get quotes from the cops via phone or in person or just lift passages from a police report or press release.

When I went with a sign to the waltham one, the paper mentioned me but quoted the cops saying that I was illegally trying to buy guns or something and they shooed me away. The local newspapers take dicatation from the cops. They'll either get quotes from the cops via phone or in person or just lift passages from a police report or press release.

This is your cue. YOU call the paper, and give them the info. The press is lazy, like most. Do their job so they don't have to. Just give them a bunch of quotes, and leads, and then they can run that, and give the readers something interesting. Interesting press makes good reading, which sells papers. Go.

Back
Top Bottom