• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Buyback on 5/15/21

Imagine the finds to be found if someone just sat in the parking lot and offered everyone turning in a firearm $25 more than the buy back program.

You'd need an FFL first of all unless all those people you're buying from have LTCs and will sit there while you do an eFA10. If they're turning in a gun, they aren't going to deal with some rando in the parking lot waving cash at them.

You'd need an FFL first of all unless all those people you're buying from have LTCs and will sit there while you do an eFA10. If they're turning in a gun, they aren't going to deal with some rando in the parking lot waving cash at them.

I wonder in a FFL could set up shop in the parking lot or across the street to help facilitate the transfers. Like at a gun show except a gun buy back.

I wonder in a FFL could set up shop in the parking lot or across the street to help facilitate the transfers. Like at a gun show except a gun buy back.

I'm sure that would require some kind of permit/license from the town, which would be unlikely.

Just imagine a First Amendment Auditor standing on the sidewalk
(they do have a sidewalk, don't they?)
photographing the customers and their license plates coming and going.

200 $ for a zip gun! How many can you make by the 15th?
Depends on the kind of pipe you use.
Screen_Shot_2018-09-25_at_12_11_00_PM-1024x576.png

I've been in Acton for 53 years.
Newb.

Acton. LOL

"Muffy. Did you read about this shooting in Roxbury last night in the Globe, dear?"

"Yes, Phillip. Something must be done! I'm going to call the Rector and see if we can arrange one of those gun 'buy-backs'."

"Oh Muffy. That's silly. Have the chauffeur take care of that for you."

"You're so smart, Phillip. Tea dear? INGA!!! Bring the tea!"

You can bet that regardless of any laws, rules or regulations, the cops, who don't want to be there in the first place, would chase you out. Remember that this not a gun show and that the FFL needs to do biz at the licensed premises. Even if the FFL handed out flyers inviting folks to bring guns to a dealer location, the folks would need the correct LTC or FID to transport them there. The "No questions asked" would not apply as the dealer needs to log the gun into the bound book. Sorry to be a spoil sport. Jack.

Acton. LOL

"Muffy. Did you read about this shooting in Roxbury last night in the Globe, dear?"

"Yes, Phillip. Something must be done! I'm going to call the Rector and see if we can arrange one of those gun 'buy-backs'."

"Oh Muffy. That's silly. Have the chauffeur take care of that for you."

"You're so smart, Phillip. Tea dear? CONSUELA INGA!!! Bring the tea!"
FIFY. We know where the elite libs get their household help

... Remember that this not a gun show and that the FFL needs to do biz at the licensed premises. ...
Does this apply to acquisitions too? For instance, an FFL can go on a road trip and purchase wares elsewhere, no? This is a question, not a statement.

If so, then purchasing those firearms would be legal. He simply could not SELL firearms there?

Does this apply to acquisitions too? For instance, an FFL can go on a road trip and purchase wares elsewhere, no? This is a question, not a statement.

If so, then purchasing those firearms would be legal. He simply could not SELL firearms there?
The FFL can receive firearms from any mfr, distributer, dealer or individual in the US. An individual must show ID for the dealer's bound book. It's just not wise for a dealer to accept a gun from an individual who he suspects could be a PP, altho it's probably done a lot. Also in Mass we have the "in state grandfather" thingy and the AWB which could affect the status of the gun and mags for resale. Sort of a "Better safe than sorry" thing. Just my 2 cents.

My vote is to have hundreds of people show up and snarl traffic and create a long line with each person, when it’s their turn, telling the cops that they won’t be turning anything in but just wanted to say, “Hi.”

Lots of explanations for the "reasons" for the event; did they ever explain how they could "buy back" something they never owned in the first place?
Just a "catch phrase" that's become universal. Usually followed up by "It was a huge success" and a pic of a pile of shit on a table, which came from an evidence locker at the PD.

Just a "catch phrase" that's become universal. Usually followed up by "It was a huge success" and a pic of a pile of shit on a table, which came from an evidence locker at the PD.
Oh, I know. I'd like to force them to call it what it really is: a gun surrender. Or a public-funded confiscation.

Does not say the gift card amount
Also, I wonder why the suicide rate is "the highest in four years":rolleyes:

In collaboration with the Middlesex Sheriff’s Office and the Acton and Boxborough Police Departments, AB Cares is hosting a “Safer Homes, Safer Community” unwanted gun buyback program on Saturday, May 15th. Learn more at http://bit.ly/ABcares
We know that nearly 6 out of every 10 gun deaths in Massachusetts are a suicide, and the firearm suicide rate in Massachusetts is the highest it has been in four years. This event will provide residents the opportunity to safely, securely dispose of unwanted and unused firearms to make our homes and our communities safer by reducing the chance of accidental discharge, self-harm, and theft.
Many thanks to our event partners:

The FFL can receive firearms from any mfr, distributer, dealer or individual in the US. An individual must show ID for the dealer's bound book. It's just not wise for a dealer to accept a gun from an individual who he suspects could be a PP, altho it's probably done a lot. Also in Mass we have the "in state grandfather" thingy and the AWB which could affect the status of the gun and mags for resale. Sort of a "Better safe than sorry" thing. Just my 2 cents.
If the ffl has a mass firearms dealer license (he does) he's exempt from the awb. He might end up having to transfer it out of state, though. He can sell to a PP but I did not know there's an issue acquiring "from" one?

Back
Top Bottom