• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Buy Back Program at Springfield Police Department

I think this was posted yesterday.

However, what is to stop an FFL from going here and buying up the guns??? Why don't they step up to do this?

I was thinking of stoping by with my ffl03 and see if I can pick up something old. Like some family has there grandfathers 1911 and they want to get rid of it

Sarno also stressed that these assault weapons can shoot 60-100bullets per SECOND. [rofl]Maybe the pd needs to turn in their burst capable ones if he wants automatics off the streets.

I'm sure the gangs are going to be lining up to turn in all of theirs. I say we hold signs and then bring the people over to guns inc to do the transfer[smile]

I was thinking of stoping by with my ffl03 and see if I can pick up something old. Like some family has there grandfathers 1911 and they want to get rid of it

Not in MA you can't. The 03FFL still has to adhere to the regular MA law that the seller has to have the proper license to sell the gun. As dumb as it sounds, I can use my C&R to buy guns from someone out of state that doesn't require a license, but not in this state that does require one.

I'll prolly be there checking things out. Maybe ill spot something valuable and be able to tell the person its real value. Maybe they'll keep it or sell it to a collector. Even better if no one shows up

Wow! That is a real reduction in the hunting rifles gang bangers will have access to. I love how the cops are patting themselves on the back as if they are doing a thing.

I thought of going to dump a couple of junk bolt action shotguns I picked up over the years from pros getting rid of them. They are taking up space for no reason. I have 4-5 to get rid of. Could have out that 200-250 towards something better.

Another year gone not being able to make it.

I have a remington 522 that works... Usually. Wonder what that would fetch. Maybe a gas card would be better....

I've heard of someone who was there who bought some stuff from someone who did not want to wait in line (who apparently was licensed). He said he saw a WWI 1911 being turned in among many other milsurps. History, destroyed. Why the **** wouldn't they auction the collectibles off?

Mike

It came up on the evening news and I had to change the channel. Some really nice hardware is going to be turned into manhole covers. Over & under shotguns, Ruger single actions, hunting rifles and shotguns. Sad and stupid.

I'll prolly be there checking things out. Maybe ill spot something valuable and be able to tell the person its real value. Maybe they'll keep it or sell it to a collector. Even better if no one shows up

I think you could get someone in real trouble doing that. If an unlicensed person walks in with a gun, the buyback folks will ignore the fact they are illegally in possession since they are turning it in. Once you point out that it's worth a lot of money, they are now in a bind. If they try to leave the area with it, they could be arrested and in a lot of trouble. The buyback folks may not be willing to ignore the fact that they are breaking the law if they want to now leave with their gun.

And for all those unlicensed people selling their gun(s) back to the SPD...why isn't the SPD enforcing current laws to these law breaking citizens and arresting them?

Another feel good program that serves no purpose. I saw on the news pictures of what was turned in. Mostly old rifles and shotguns. Nothing that would be used on the street. When the police get new side arms the old ones are traded in and sold to the public. These are the weapons that are returned to the steet. Double standard.

And for all those unlicensed people selling their gun(s) back to the SPD...why isn't the SPD enforcing current laws to these law breaking citizens and arresting them?

They are exempt...

515 CMR 3.06 said:
(5) Immunity. Persons turning in firearms at the stated date, time and location, as arranged through the police department, shall not be asked for identification and shall be immune from prosecution for possession of such firearm(s) as set forth in M.G.L. c. 140, § 131O.

http://www.lawlib.state.ma.us/source/mass/cmr/cmrtext/515CMR3.pdf

If they start giving out $200 gift cards, I just might buy a case of Mosins and turn them in for a profit...

...just kidding...

I have to get to one of these events. Looks like there were some nice guns thrown away, oh I mean turned in. One guy said if you don't have guns in your house and someone breaks in you could save a life? How about lock your gun up and if I'm home the guy breaking in should worry about losing his life.

Someone should be there to let grandma (who cant afford her medication) know what grandpas gun is really worth before it ends up in the chiefs collection.

I may just go and troll telling people that Worcester PD is having their own buy-back for +100 over Springfield or just tell people: "ZOMG! that gun is worth like $1000 you should sell it to an FFL" [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom