Gun Buy Back In Cambridge TODAY!

Unrelenting libtard scum, now make it a suicide issue. Sigh

They have to. Even an idiot can see that violent crime of all sorts has been dropping like a rock over the last 20 years and is now at lows not seen since the early 1960s. Violent crime, the issue that served as leverage for GC legislation for pretty much all of the 20th century, is now a dog that won't hunt. So they have to leverage any other issue they can--suicide, mass shootings, you name it--to try to get what they want.

So what happens if you roll up to one of these with a 3D printer in a truck? I found this on the web in a story on the first 3D printed gun:

"According to the gunsmiths who tested that weapon, it cost only $25 to produce on a 3D printer that cost less than $2,000."

It seems to me that it wouldn't take too long to break even. Would be funny to see a Comm2A or Goal truck at each one of these.

Someone already thought of this concept. Not 3D printed but same idea [rofl]

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/12/22/5-homemade-shotguns-handed-100-gun-give-back/

The best part about this program is that the Cambridge COP is on record stating that these programs do not bring in the type of guns used in crimes, and considers it a waste of police resources.

The best part about this program is that the Cambridge COP is on record stating that these programs do not bring in the type of guns used in crimes, and considers it a waste of police resources.

Buybacks are not about stopping crime.

They are about making a statement and conditioning the public:

- Guns in private, non governmental hands, are bad.
- In fact, they are so bad it is worth paying people to give them up
- It prepares people for the next logical step - a mandated "buyback".
- "Buyback" is a deceptive term, and implies you are returning the gun to the rightful owner, the government.

It's all for show, not effectiveness.

I am pretty sure a colt python was turned in today in Cambridge https://twitter.com/CambridgePolice

It looks like that whole table is BB guns and such. They claim 55 guns were turned in, guaranteed they include the BB guns and such in that total.

The honest cops at the Waltham one said it was all for show and no one gun from a criminal will come in. They said most of the guns were from widows who don't want them in the house.

And look at the totals they take in. In all the "buybacks" they listed, Waltham, Belmont, etc. they took in 200 total, (mostly hunting rifles and old shotguns). Four Seasons sells more than that in a good weekend probably. The day of the waltham one last Sept, the gun show in Marlboro was going on. They took in a tiny fraction of the guns sold in Marlboro that day. So even if they say they are getting guns out of houses, that's complete BS too.

I emailed the head of the MA police chiefs a few years ago and suggested they stop these crap programs and do something of a public private program where people who had guns they didn't want could bring them up and the guns would be auctioned or resold to licensed owners. Then they are going to legal houses, people would get fair value for their items, no public money would be wasted/used, rare guns would not be destroyed, etc. He said his members (other chiefs) would never go for it, there would be no appetite for that.

The good thing is that only in places like mass where you need a license to even possess a gun do these stupid things take place. They can't do them in VT, NH, etc. because people would outbid the cops on the sidewalk.

The DOJ has multiple studies acknowledging buy backs don't work and still provides grants to run them purely out of politics.

I think my last Walmart BB gun (spring type, just last year maybe) was $9.99 or $12.99 or something like that. [wink]

But the ammo turn-in deal could be even better. [smile] I've been wondering how to get rid of that crappy, dangerous old stuff. [grin]

In "The peoples republic" aren't empty, fired cases considered "AMMO" ?? Good way to make some $$ on old cases..[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Not for nothing but isn't this type of stuff dangerous for everyone involved. I mean I know they say bring your unloaded guns in a trash bag. But what happens if the owner doesn't unload it first and because they aren't using a normal case they let one off. If most of these are hunting rifles and shotguns that pretty scary stuff for the middle of a city no. Just seems stupid easy way to get someone hurt by someone with no knowledge. Then the media hops in saying well look at this evil 308 that just shot itself while this little old lady was holding it by the trigger

Japan has almost no guns yet their suicide rate is 2-3 times ours. guns aren't the issue, you %$*% controlling liberal morons!

Japan also has a very strict societal code of conduct and honor. I know the point your trying to make. But their culture almost accept a it. And they are very intolerant of failure drugs homosexuality. Also they have no guns to fend off godzilla.

Last edited:
All the while, Daisy Powerline pistols are retailing for $15 at walmart. I would have maxed out a credit card buying them had I seen this before yesterday.

I wonder if that would work. They might turn you away for making a fool of them.

I'd make my living chasing gun buy backs and bringing bob guns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if that would work. They might turn you away for making a fool of them.

Either way, purchased with AMEX at Walmart is a guarantee I get my money back on whatever the Pd doesn't buy, opened or not.

Just more "feel good" crap from cities, politicians, police departments, etc.. to keep the sheep feeling "We're taking care of you....Trust us we'll do the right thing...." (blah-blah).

Surely you've noticed how almost every time you see a police chief/high ranking officer/public safety spokesman/whatever standing before a microphone, they almost always have the same voice inflections, diction, vocabulary, speech patterns etc, speak as though reading from the same script as a LEO a thousand or two thousand miles away...literally as if they're straight out of Central Casting at a film studio (except Boston Billy who, unlike his big brother, sounds more like he's casting for the Minnie Mouse role at Disney Studios).

It's all the same pablum crap, "We know what's best for you.. We'll take care of everything" (blah-blah)

And they all - ALL - know fully well that things such as "Just call 911", or "Shelter in Place" or these idiotic buybacks really are useless. "We've made the community safer this weekend by..." (blah-blah) are all nothing more than total and complete bullsh*t to keep the sheep comfortable, pacified and get them to clappy-clap for us as we rake in huge salaries and look "tough" in front of a camera...

They all know fully well that it doesn't matter if they got two or two thousand guns "off the streets" in a buyback it isn't as important as getting two or twenty thousand sheep to believe their line of bullsh*t. That's really what these events all boil down to.

Make it LOOK like you're saving the world.... instead of driving a couple hundred miles north and volunteering to help catch the murderous scum escapees or, in Cambridge, instead of maybe walking through the Windsor or Rindge Ave Projects and hitting REAL crime. But that takes effort - and doesn't look as handsome and pretty on TV as a Deputy Superintendent does when telling the Cambridge sheep, especially the enthralled, sexless moonbat chicks, that they've done a "great job" protecting them from evil.

"But just to be on the safe side, please don't ever walk alone near the Windsor or Rindge Ave Projects and, oh, here's a whistle in case you ever need help...." (blah-blah)

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to leave now so that I can make it to my summer home ahead of the traffic..."

Last edited:

Most I've seen will take in anything but won't give giftcards, etc for ammo, bb guns, knives, etc.

If this was happening in NH, there would be many buyers sitting outside the churches offering more than the $200 or $100 that the buy back is offering.

Also, what happens if some thug gets popped (or even an innocent owner) for an unlicensed weapon on the way (allegedly) to cash in on their weapon? How is it even legal to do this in Mass? Also, it seems the majority of these drop off points are churches, aka non profit organizations. Aren't there strict laws about mixing a non profit such as a place of worship with politics? Separation of church and state and all that garbage?

Atty Nappen had a field day with this in NJ if memory serves me right...

You would offer over 200 bucks for junk? A heavy portion of stuff turned in at these things is trash.

Japan also has a very strict societal code of conduct and honor. I know the point your trying to make. But their culture almost accept a it. And they are very intolerant of failure drugs homosexuality. Also they have no guns to fend off godzilla.
A key point about the Japan gun control is that very, very few people are "special" or "exempt". The reality is that the Japanese people are more equal to each other in regards to gun rights than Americans.

You would offer over 200 bucks for junk? A heavy portion of stuff turned in at these things is trash.
Well, no...but....I have seen pictures of some of the firearms turned in in past "buybacks" and some of it isn't junk. It's worth way more than the paltry $200 that the owner received for it.

Well, no...but....I have seen pictures of some of the firearms turned in in past "buybacks" and some of it isn't junk. It's worth way more than the paltry $200 that the owner received for it.

Maybe 10-20% of it is stuff I'd consider buying... but mostly I see tables filled with old crappy shotguns in various states of disrepair, airsoft, bb/pellet guns (half of these probably have dried out seals that don't hold air) lots of fudd guns nobody wants, pot metal junkers like lorcins, ravens, jennings,etc... Even out of stuff that is firearms its the exact same stuff that sits in trash cans in gun shops for months because nobody buys it. Yeah every once in awhile grampa's old 4 or 6" colt python makes it to one of these things and its an atrocity, but that might as well be like winning the lottery to intercept one of those from a buyback.

-Mike

Maybe 10-20% of it is stuff I'd consider buying... but mostly I see tables filled with old crappy shotguns in various states of disrepair, airsoft, bb/pellet guns (half of these probably have dried out seals that don't hold air) lots of fudd guns nobody wants, pot metal junkers like lorcins, ravens, jennings,etc... Even out of stuff that is firearms its the exact same stuff that sits in trash cans in gun shops for months because nobody buys it. Yeah every once in awhile grampa's old 4 or 6" colt python makes it to one of these things and its an atrocity, but that might as well be like winning the lottery to intercept one of those from a buyback.

-Mike
It's sad that this crap even happens. It does no good as we all know. It plays into the feel good liberal progressive mentality...and the low information, non-thinking hordes fall for it, every single time.

Back
Top Bottom