Gun Buy Back In Cambridge TODAY!

P-14

NES Member
Searched for this and did not see it posted. I received this yesterday via text from the Cambridge PD:

Linky.

You can trade in your Assault Rifle for a $200 gift certificate. That 1911 will get you a $100 gift card!

Such a deal. [thinking]

YOU STILL HAVE AN HOUR TO CASH IN!

The MSP will destroy them for you with no questions asked. [puke]

For those who cannot attend the event, gift cards will be honored if pickups are scheduled during the week leading up to June 13th Gifts Cards for Guns event.

“Unwanted and unsecure guns in homes can pose a serious risk to children, people with mental illness and those at risk from domestic violence,” stated Lori Lander, founding organizer at Many Helping Hands and an instrumental leader in the planning of this event. “Gift Cards for Guns is an important initiative that we hope will lead to safer homes and a safer community.”

“It takes only one gun incident to result in tragedy,” said Claude Jacob, Chief Public Health Officer, and director of the Cambridge Public Health Department. "Study after study shows that guns in the house can put family members in harm’s way, “ Jacob added, noting that access to firearms in the home is associated with risk for suicide and being the victim of a domestic violence homicide.

“In the U.S., more than 19,000 people commit suicide with guns each year and another 16,000 are injured in unintentional shootings. Providing residents with a way to safely dispose of unwanted firearms makes our homes and communities safer,” said Middlesex Sheriff Peter J. Koutoujian, whose office has participated in gun buy backs in six towns since 2013, helping Arlington, Belmont, Burlington, Melrose, Somerville and Waltham safely collect and dispose of more than 200 unwanted firearms.

For more information on Cambridge’s Gift Cards for Guns, please visit camb.ma/GiftCardsforGuns. If you or your organization is interested in becoming involved in the event (e.g. donate gift cards, volunteer at the event or help post flyers in advance of the event), please e-mail [email protected].

The following Cambridge interfaith organizations and community partners are collaborating on this important initiative: Abundant Life Church, A Place to Heal Ministry, Cambridgeport Baptist Church, Cambridge Community Fellowship Church, Congregation Eitz Chayim, Christ Church, First Church in Cambridge Congregational, First Holiness Church, Islamic Society of Boston in Cambridge, Journey Church, Pentecostal Tabernacle, Rush AME Zion Church, St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, Temple Beth Shalom, Union Baptist Church, Greater Boston Vineyard Church, Cambridge Community Arts Center, Cambridge Community Foundation, Cambridge Community Center, Cambridge Peace Commission, East End House, Many Helping Hands, Margaret Fuller Neighborhood House, Cambridge Police Department, Cambridge Public Health Department, Middlesex Sheriff’s Office, Massachusetts State Police, and more.

<sigh>

If this was happening in NH, there would be many buyers sitting outside the churches offering more than the $200 or $100 that the buy back is offering.

Also, what happens if some thug gets popped (or even an innocent owner) for an unlicensed weapon on the way (allegedly) to cash in on their weapon? How is it even legal to do this in Mass? Also, it seems the majority of these drop off points are churches, aka non profit organizations. Aren't there strict laws about mixing a non profit such as a place of worship with politics? Separation of church and state and all that garbage?

Atty Nappen had a field day with this in NJ if memory serves me right...

So, Koutoujian has assisted with six prior buybacks since 2013 and all they've gotten is a total of 200 guns.

How many new guns are sold on a slow sales day in this state? These people are so profoundly stupid.

So what happens if you roll up to one of these with a 3D printer in a truck? I found this on the web in a story on the first 3D printed gun:

"According to the gunsmiths who tested that weapon, it cost only $25 to produce on a 3D printer that cost less than $2,000."

It seems to me that it wouldn't take too long to break even. Would be funny to see a Comm2A or Goal truck at each one of these.

If you walked were on the sidewalk of said buyback with a shirt that reads "I will pay you double than what they will give you for your firearm." Granted a citizen could only eFA-10 four of them, would this be legal?

Or can you only eFA-10 something where the other person has a MA LTC/FID?

Last edited:
I went to this today and got $50 for a broken BB gun, the better question about this whole thing is if someone has a murder weapon and they turn it in here the police destroy it so....does that help criminals get rid of murder weapons?

If you walked were on the sidewalk of said buyback with a shirt that reads "I will pay you double than what they will give you for your firearm." Granted a citizen could only eFA-10 four of them, would this be legal?

People have tried this. To do the transfer legally in MA you need an FFL (owners at buybacks don't have LTCs.) Most of the owners won't follow you to a dealer and even if they do the cops will hassle you off the street with some kind of interfering with police business or operating a business without a license threat.

It works better in other states, especially if the police aren't uptight about it.

If this was happening in NH, there would be many buyers sitting outside the churches offering more than the $200 or $100 that the buy back is offering.

Also, what happens if some thug gets popped (or even an innocent owner) for an unlicensed weapon on the way (allegedly) to cash in on their weapon? How is it even legal to do this in Mass? Also, it seems the majority of these drop off points are churches, aka non profit organizations. Aren't there strict laws about mixing a non profit such as a place of worship with politics? Separation of church and state and all that garbage?

Atty Nappen had a field day with this in NJ if memory serves me right...

People have tried this. To do the transfer legally in MA you need an FFL (owners at buybacks don't have LTCs.) Most of the owners won't follow you to a dealer and even if they do the cops will hassle you off the street with some kind of interfering with police business or operating a business without a license threat.

It works better in other states, especially if the police aren't uptight about it.

Look up the thread on the waltham "buyback" here. Myself and another attempted to outbid the coppers. I was threatened and generally harrassed. Waltham pd joseph brooks, kristin henebury from belmont and another watham detective were a holes.

Here's the waltham one with pics in there somwhere of what they destroyed. The waltham was done in response to a murder. Oh a murder of a drug dealer who was going to rob and assault another drug dealer in a drug deal. Seems like a good person.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-gun-buyback?p=4125823&viewfull=1#post4125823

Last edited:

They told me I needed a vendors license, etc. I had an email discussion with the Waltham pd chief. No licensed needed or it was a dollar and could get it in a week, I forget. I was threatened with arrest by the waltham and belmont cops there, etc.

So whos going to build a zip gun pipe shotgun thing and sell it for 200 bucks? Actually whats preventing me from going down there and sharking a pistol or two?

Such a deal! [grin] I could clean up with some old corroded crap ammo I've got alone. [smile]

How many rounds per each $50 gift card??? [laugh] I could be a millionaire!!! [rofl]

I was gonna say, can we buy BB Guns at Wal-mart all day long for $25 and keep on flipping them for the $50 GC?

I was gonna say, can we buy BB Guns at Wal-mart all day long for $25 and keep on flipping them for the $50 GC?
I think my last Walmart BB gun (spring type, just last year maybe) was $9.99 or $12.99 or something like that. [wink]

But the ammo turn-in deal could be even better. [smile] I've been wondering how to get rid of that crappy, dangerous old stuff. [grin]

Look up the thread on the waltham "buyback" here. Myself and another attempted to outbid the coppers. I was threatened and generally harrassed. Waltham pd joseph brooks, kristin henebury from belmont and another watham detective were a holes.

Here's the waltham one with pics in there somwhere of what they destroyed. The waltham was done in response to a murder. Oh a murder of a drug dealer who was going to rob and assault another drug dealer in a drug deal. Seems like a good person.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-gun-buyback?p=4125823&viewfull=1#post4125823

I did this at the Springfield buyback a few years ago and had much better results. The police were friendly, supportive, asked me if I had any takers, and even brought me coffee (it was February and freezing cold). Not too many great pieces of merchandise, but I got a Savage pump-action shotgun for $50 and a Remington 788 with a scope and 300 rounds of .308 for $200. It's a bummer that your experience was so shitty.

Unrelenting libtard scum, now make it a suicide issue. Sigh

" helping Arlington, Belmont, Burlington, Melrose, Somerville and Waltham safely collect and dispose of more than 200 unwanted firearms."

there are now 200 people in those towns looking for a different way to kill themselves....

If someone set up a table outside with a sign that said "Free estimates on what your gun is worth." and a copy of the Big Book Of Gun Values, I don't suppose they could do anything about it.
Your not engaging in commerce, just education.
Folks might not think too much of turning in a $2000.00 Colt or Garand that was Grandpa's for a lousy couple of hundred.
You can be sure whoever is running the buyback isn't going to tell them.

It's insane that these clowns can muscle people willing to pay fair value to people looking to get rid of unwanted (I wouldn't touch anything unserialized) firearms.

Dadstoys, that sounds like a great idea most likely protected by the 1A.

If someone set up a table outside with a sign that said "Free estimates on what your gun is worth." and a copy of the Big Book Of Gun Values, I don't suppose they could do anything about it.
Folks might not think too much of turning in a $2000.00 Colt or Garand that was Grandpa's for a lousy couple of hundred.
If you wanted to split hairs, the handing of a gun to you by an unlicensed person, and the handing it back to them, would constitute a temporary, but unlawful, transfer.

You would need to have a table set up and have the person maintain contact with the gun, without you touching it, to be 100% safe from a legal perspective.

And yes, this is hair splitting.

And another hair....

There is an exemption for an unlicensed person to transport to a police station to surrender a firearm which, in practice, gets extended to buyback locations. If you tell the unlicensed person what their Python is worth, and they change directions and head away from the buyback, they are now in violation.

You'd probably need a table near the buyback parking lot with a sign instructing the unwitting lemmings to take a picture of the firearm in their trunk so as to keep kosher.

They can make a ton selling the turn ins

And what happens when the turn ins are stolen property?

Not sure if they give stolen guns back to their owners, but all others are destroyed. They are not resold and cops don't get any of them. 100% are destroyed with maybe the exception of the stolen ones. But really stolen ones are not turned it. Those are the street guns the criminals have and they are worth a lot more on the street than the petty buyback prices.

Cash for stolen firearms, legally. That is all a gun buyback is.

Stolen guns sell for a lot more on the street than any buyback. What these do is give granny a fraction of the fair value of her dead husbands gun(s). When I wasn't being harrassed in waltham, two of the JBT's said they know it's all for show and doing absolutely nothing. They said not one criminal will turn one in.

I said I was going to change my sign and protest. Lt kristen henebury from belmont said fine but I'll have the biggest WPD cop come down and "harass you and block you the entire time". She told me she doesn't think people should be allowed 90% of the guns they can buy now and she certainly had similar feelings about the 1st amdmt.

- - - Updated - - -

You'd probably need a table near the buyback parking lot with a sign instructing the unwitting lemmings to take a picture of the firearm in their trunk so as to keep kosher.

Most of these are right in the parking lot, public side walk is right there. Inside rt 128, i think you'll get the JBT treatment.

They tried this in Boston....the guy buy back program was actually the gun upgrade program. the thugs had MORE money for turning in their 4 hi points and were buying better quality items. Great idea Cambridge! [cheers]

If you wanted to split hairs, the handing of a gun to you by an unlicensed person, and the handing it back to them, would constitute a temporary, but unlawful, transfer.

You would need to have a table set up and have the person maintain contact with the gun, without you touching it, to be 100% safe from a legal perspective.

And another hair....

There is an exemption for an unlicensed person to transport to a police station to surrender a firearm which, in practice, gets extended to buyback locations. If you tell the unlicensed person what their Python is worth, and they change directions and head away from the buyback, they are now in violation.

Isn't that an example of entrapment? Sounds like it...

And another hair....

Some interesting info there.
Of course jacking up someone at a buy back would pretty much be the end of any future ones.

Back
Top Bottom