• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun burgalry tied to Gun owners' map

I can only pray that there is something that these people can use to sue the balls off the newspaper company.

Bingo.

Hopefully this poor person/family sues the hell out of their newspaper.

That might be true (having the opposite effect whereas burglars decide to target homes without guns (again, based the assumption this is so since a resident did not have a permit, which could be a fatal assumption).

But the whole charade was designed to "shame" gun owners by equating them with sex offenders, like you know, people that actually hurt other people (for the most part). I think part of this was also designed to have gun owners' homes targeted.

Remember, criminals are a sizable voting bloc. And they are represented by a certain political party.

No, the whole charade is to get gun owners to deny owning guns, and maybe shame some into giving them up. It is vilification and defamation, no matter how you slice it.

Or just plain make them feel like second-class citizens. Not deserving of any privacy protection. AFAIK, these were releases of permit holders. I don't think there was any opportunity for people to "deny" having them. I guess they technically could because again, this is only permit holders for a given county. Doesn't mean they actually own anything.

At any rate, I guess those 4th Amendment protections are also on the chopping block.

Sadly, the newspaper will stand proudly by their use of the 1st Amendment.

The same amendment that they use to trash people who use their rights under the 2nd amendment.

The 1st Amendment isn't gonna do much to protect them from a wrongful death lawsuit in civil court. At the very least, they are gonna be speeding money on those lawyers.

Last edited:
That might be true (having the opposite effect whereas burglars decide to target homes without guns (again, based the assumption this is so since a resident did not have a permit, which could be a fatal assumption).

But the whole charade was designed to "shame" gun owners by equating them with sex offenders, like you know, people that actually hurt other people (for the most part). I think part of this was also designed to have gun owners' homes targeted.

Remember, criminals are a sizable voting bloc. And they are represented by a certain political party.
What are you saying? Criminal have their favorite party to vote for? This is NEWS worth!!! Would be my intuition as well. Anything to back it up?

Back
Top Bottom