• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun broker for non mass compliant 1911?

Please don't hate me for not finding the link that answers my question. I searched but could not find it and though it easier to just ask.

So I live in mass and I'm looking to buy a 1911 in 9mm that is 4.25 and non of the company's s have mass compliant ones. One FFL said he can sell RIA 9mm tactical (3.5 barrel I think ) but it's in a legal "gray" area he said. But he won't have one for a while. So can I use gunbroker or is there any other way to circumvent the mass compliance list ? I know I need to have it sent to a FFL in some cases so are they not allowed to be involved. And if anyone knows about the "gray" area the guy was talking about. I would love to know

There's no way around it unless you can find a dealer to transfer it. Good luck finding one. If you do, definitely don't post the name on here. Can only hope to find one in the classifieds that someone brought into the state when they moved.

I don't know much about RIA but I thought they were MA compliant as there's a couple FFLs that are selling them.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...LS-INCLUDING-A-SIG-P938?highlight=Rock+island

Last edited:
If you buy a handgun through gunbroker or a similar service, the gun must be transfered through an ffl in your state of residence. The statute concerning the roster covers transfers. So a dealer would be violating the law by transferring to you a handgun that is not on the roster.

In short, buying a non-compliant handgun through gunbroker is not a viable means to get around the roster.

The other option is get your C&R license. Costs $30 for 3 years, and allows you to purchase guns over 50 years old. Then, you can have them sent directly to you without going through a dealer.

And, there are a number of 1911-style 9mm pistols that are C&R.

Check out the C&R thread and good luck!

I have a S&W Pro Series 1911 in 9mm, that is Mass compliant, and it is one of my favorite pistols. I have seen several at the lgs. Good luck on your quest.

Please don't hate me for not finding the link that answers my question. I searched but could not find it and though it easier to just ask.

Find a frame that works for 9mm . Talk to a few ffl's it's much easier to find a FFl for a receiver/frame transfer.

Then if you know how build it up how you like. Or buy all the parts and pay a smith to fit the parts.

Back
Top Bottom