• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun belts

I haven't tried the fella here on the forum. I will, however, give a +1 for "The Beltman". I've got two brown and one black belts from him. I wear one for everyday and save the black and remaining brown for nice wear. I have to tell you that they are absolutely the best men's belts on the market, bar none as far as I'm concerned. They are custom made for you, btw. The will not "bow" out under the weight of the heaviest sidearm. They are also very stylish. I can't recommend him highly enough.
Rome

Check out Ares Gear. Jake makes real nice belts and I've been wearing the Ranger for nine months now and it's my best carry belt . Its very stiff and holds the weapon in tight. A little pricy but you get what you pay for.

Mike

Last edited:
+1 here. I own four of his belts. One each of black and brown of the narrow and wide. He makes great belts and will stand behind them as long as he's alive. I lost about 70 pounds a few years back. He only charged me the cost of shipping them to him and he re-sized them for me so I didn't have to buy a new belt. I'm still wearing them.

70 lbs! Group buy stress?[laugh]

Well as you can see, a gun belt is highly recommended. I have a Beltman and love it. The only downside with Beltman is he can take a long time to ship. But he is up front about. I've spoken once to him on the phone and he's a really nice guy.

I know some people live and die by gun belts here. Im waiting for my IWB Crossbreed holster to show up and was looking at gun belts too. I checked a bunch of sites and they all run at least $50. I just cant rationalize spending $50 on a belt unless it comes with a pair of pants. What do you guys use? Wont a regular, sturdy dress belt work fine too? I've been pocket carrying up until now.

I wear my crossbreed with a nice looking belt I bought from lucky jeans for $55. At $55 you're getting a cheapo belt.

Bought mine from Andy a few years ago, wear it every day and bet it will last longer than I will. Spend the money you will be happy. I carry a full size 1911 in a shoulder rig and also IWB with the full size and compact 1911 the belt is rock solid.

Last edited:
I have been alternating between brown and a black BELTMAN belts for over 4 years and I'm very happy with them. Don't let the price scare you off. Not only are they worth every penny, they last and last. http://thebeltman.net/

Last edited:
Wilderness Instructor Belt, or A&G Gunleather (my favorite). Once you try a good gun belt you will understand.

Check your army/navy store first. A lot of them have nice belts.

You know I have a 5.11 belt, and I can't say I'm all that happy with it. From a sturdiness perspective, it's fantastic. It easily carries the weight of my G19/Crossbreed holster. But the finish is awful. Just awful. There are HUGE scratches where the metal clips have worn away the black finish. I've "sharpied" them in (ghetto, I know) but its not really a good solution if I were going to used this as a dress belt. I think you could spend a few more bucks and get a much better quality belt. I wish I had. Eventually I'll order a different one, but for now, since I wear shirts untucked when I CCW, I'm fine with it.

You know I have a 5.11 belt, and I can't say I'm all that happy with it. From a sturdiness perspective, it's fantastic. It easily carries the weight of my G19/Crossbreed holster. But the finish is awful. Just awful. There are HUGE scratches where the metal clips have worn away the black finish. I've "sharpied" them in (ghetto, I know) but its not really a good solution if I were going to used this as a dress belt. I think you could spend a few more bucks and get a much better quality belt. I wish I had. Eventually I'll order a different one, but for now, since I wear shirts untucked when I CCW, I'm fine with it.
Best choice is to invest in a couple belts. Wearing a leather belt for carry purposes will wear the finish. I use a nylon military-style belt for most of the time, and save the leather for dress. This also allows me to spend about $50 for each belt and have both last, instead of $100 for a high-end leather gun belt that will get beaten to hell by metal clips on a SuperTuck.

Get yourself a Riggers belt most of the ones you find local are to then check online you will find some nice heavy duty ones they don't flex at all.

You sons of b1tches. I broke down and ordered one from Andy, Cant wait to get it. I hear that they are so sturdy that if my fire arm is compromised, i can actually take of this belt and beat someone to death with it. Yeah, its that good. :)

After replacing my carry gun from a small Taurus 709 (carried IWD) to a little bigger and heavier G26 (carried OWB) I decided it was time for a belt upgrade. I was very impressed with the Upper Limit holster by Mitch Rosen, so I decided to get a belt from him as well. It's the most I have ever paid for a belt, but I am sure I will be happy with it. I ordered it last week and I can't wait to get it, but it will be a few more weeks..

Next I will have to get some mag pouches from him to have a complete system..

I've been 'suffering' with various belts over the past few years for carry and finally got around to ordering one from High Noon Holsters - should be in this week. I say got around to because its been more out of laziness than anything else. ^_^

Simple 5.11 nylon belt is around 10 bucks on amazon! Cheap and does wonders. It really depends if you normally wear a leather belt, if you do I would highly recommend purchasing one, doesn't have to be super expensive but quality is important.....

Some people make me chuckle... spend $80+ on a good holster to carry your (more than likely) $500+ gun around in... then people want to skimp for a measly $50-$80 more to round out the package. Do they load their mags with whatever they can find in the "Dud" bin at the range, too? [rolleyes]

But seriously, the idea behind these carry rigs is that they are:
A.) Concealed (Duh)
B.) As comfortable as they can be so that you ACTUALLY carry the gun. I've had rigs that I skimped on, they were uncomfortable, so I NEVER used them. Surprise, surprise, I spend the cash on good gear, which I should have done from jump street, and I carry EVERY day. It never comes off. And it's not because I feel I need to justify the cost. "Well sh*t I spent all this money, now I HAVE to wear it..." I wear it every day because I don't even realize it's there unless I make a conscious effort to think about it... or if I whack my elbow on the back of the slide [laugh]

That said, my daily wear belt is a 1.5" beltman belt... I've had it for years and its in great shape. My Crossbreed supertuck is amazing, too. And as for the clips chewing up the belt, it's nothing a little black shoe polish wont fix...

The point of my mini-rant is this: If you're serious about carrying, and you should be, invest in the right gear. It makes all the difference in the world. An $80 holster on a flimsy cheapo belt is a waste of $80 IMHO.

Spend the money on the belt for the same reason you spend $80 on a GOOD holster, and not some crappy fabric pouch with an alligator clip on it that is a "universal" holster. If it will "carry" a Desert Eagle OR a Beretta Bobcat...

Just my 8 bucks worth. Sorry it was so long winded.

I carry all of my handguns in a croossbreed and I wear a $10 leather 1 1/2" belt from Old Navy. Gunbelts are nice but you're paying for a name. Don't waste your money.

I carry all of my handguns in a croossbreed and I wear a $10 leather 1 1/2" belt from Old Navy. Gunbelts are nice but you're paying for a name. Don't waste your money.

You couldn't be more wrong. A good gun belt won't sag, fold, or wear. It holds it's form and more evenly distributes the weight.

There's a reason people who know how to carry, and do so regularly, wear a gun belt.

Wrong, as you can see on this tread alone most agree a good belt makes all the difference. I used my regular belt to carry for years, should have upgraded when I first started carrying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom