• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun belt recommendations

just ordered a belt from andy, after my black hawk belt was on verge of finally falling apart. Custom made, good communicator, and quick turnaround. will be here tuesday. And great black friday price.

The 5.11 operator belt is $29.99 in black on amazon now. Very good belt in my opinion. Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Mine is less than a year old and the two layers of leather are separating at the most commonly used hole. This belt might be ok for occasional use, but mine is headed for early retirement very soon.

Mine is less than a year old and the two layers of leather are separating at the most commonly used hole. This belt might be ok for occasional use, but mine is headed for early retirement very soon.
The belt I'm referring to is the operators belt and is nylon.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have about 6 years of everyday use on my comp-tac kydex reinforced belt and it still looks nearly new. The kydex reinforcement works great.

Last edited:
I'm waiting till after Christmas to get a Wilderness belt. I have a hanks Amish belt and there isn't enough adjustability and comfort to go around my fat.

I vote for hanks too. have two 1.5" and a 1.75" really good. To increase adjustability, I punched in extra holes between some of the stock holes.

Just remember to keep the chicago screws tight, I lost one, just like losing glock sights or grip screws on my sigs..

Last edited:
Yankee Marshal has a video about a craftsman in a local artists' mall/farmers' market type place in Portland Oregon who makes gun belts. I'm thinking there's gotta be someone within a couple hours' drive of Boston who's like this, maybe working out of a similar type of market, or going to craft fairs, or maybe just working out of his or her house, who's friendly to our cause (i.e. doesn't freak out about making a "gun belt"). Anybody?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Beltman is expensive, but offers a large number of options.
1.25", 1.5", 1.75"
horsehide, bullhide, elephant hide
internal stiffener
buckles
I've worn one every day for the last 4 years with no issues.

Wherever you get your belt, if it uses Chicago screws, use blue Locktite on them and get some spares in the belt color.
Also, use the manufacturer's sizing guidelines.

Back
Top Bottom