Gun Bans at Gun Shows

MaverickNH

NES Member
OK - I've only been to Gun Shows in NH, but all seem to prohibit any loaded weapons - I was specifically told this appled to CCW in at least one instance. The is usually a cop at the entrance as well. "Any loaded firearms, including carry guns?" was the question once, but usually just "Any loaded firearms?" I, of course, just say no.

I can see all the liability stuff, but Gun SHows are the last place I'd expect a ban on CCW. Mas Ayoob was in line to enter in front of me at one show, and he said yes - that he was an sworn LEO, but they called the cop over to verify ID.

Do they do the same in MA and are they serious, or just going through the motions?

OK - I've only been to Gun Shows in NH, but all seem to prohibit any loaded weapons - I was specifically told this appled to CCW in at least one instance. The is usually a cop at the entrance as well. "Any loaded firearms, including carry guns?" was the question once, but usually just "Any loaded firearms?" I, of course, just say no.

I can see all the liability stuff, but Gun SHows are the last place I'd expect a ban on CCW. Mas Ayoob was in line to enter in front of me at one show, and he said yes - that he was an sworn LEO, but they called the cop over to verify ID.

Do they do the same in MA and are they serious, or just going through the motions?

Have you ever heard of an A.D.

Fred

Private property, private organization, their rules. The one gun show I've been to was like this.

Yeah, that makes sense. It was a few years back at the Springfield (Big E) gun show that some yahoo discharged a shotgun inside the building.[thinking]

Maverick,

Gun shows are advertised to everyone and anyone. It's not like an NES get togther where everyone respects gun safety. If you are carrying concealed keep your mouth shut and you wont have any issues. The guy running the show probably gets cheaper insurance if he makes a no loaded weapons policy.

And Fred, that would be a ND at a gun show. [wink]

Maverick,

Gun shows are advertised to everyone and anyone. It's not like an NES get togther where everyone respects gun safety. If you are carrying concealed keep your mouth shut and you wont have any issues. The guy running the show probably gets cheaper insurance if he makes a no loaded weapons policy.

And Fred, that would be a ND at a gun show. [wink]

[bow] - [cheers]

Fred

If you are carrying concealed keep your mouth shut and you wont have any issues.

Exactly! Concealed means concealed. What they won't know won't hurt them, or you. Acknoledging your CCW, having to unload into a bucket of sand and leaving your ammo with the counter person is not my idea of a smart thing to do.

Have you ever heard of an A.D.

Fred

No but I've heard of MANY a ND at gun shows!

That's the reason for the ban on carrying loaded weapons at the shows.

Lots of morons attend gun shows. I had one guy "sighting in" a scoped rifle by aiming it at me and a buddy (retired LEO) at the Foxboro show. We moved and he moved the gun to track us, no kidding. I got the LEO on duty (who I knew) to go over to the moron and tell him that the next time he does that he'll see a loaded gun aimed at him thru that scope!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom