• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Ban

Republicans in the senate couldn't give a rats ass about a bunch of gun toting rednecks. The first mass shooting and they will jump on board the ban wagon. Do you think the likes of Mitt will stand by us. They wouldn't even stand behind their republican President because he wasn't in the club and they think they are superior to him. You know they think we're scum.

I'd say it's more likely than not that we keep the senate. The GA senate seats are heading to a runoff. Still have some absentee ballots for military to count. There's Perdue, who did win his race, he just didn't get exactly 50%, so they will have another runoff, but he's likely to be victorious. Next is Kelly Loeffler will unify the support behind her that was Collins', and both together should get enough votes to win.

Not set in stone, but this is what I feel is most likely.

Yeah, and it will be extremely hard for the left to get out the vote in January if Biden wins. That anti-trump hysteria will be gone and most centrists like having opposing parties in the different branches.

Expect them to tread more carefully since they lost several house seats and they didn't get the numbers they assumed they would in the senate.
Agreed. They not only did not get a mandate, they essentially were told “we’re accepting Biden because we hate Trump that much, but we don’t like how you’ve handled all the riots and don’t like your hard left platform”

IMO abortion and guns are the two issues furthest from resolution. Both parties rely on them to whip up their bases into a frenzy and they’d become rudderless without that necessary tension.

The Dems biggest challenge going forward will be keeping the coalition that got them ‘victory’.

BLM’s expectations are impossible to obtain.
Progressive expectations will be impossible to meet.
Maintaining the centrist majority throughout the aforementioned temper tantrums will also be impossible, as evidenced by the wholesale rejection of the progressives in the primaries.

Watching them step on their dicks over these issues may be the only silver lining to this BS.
If the news reports are to be believed, Pelosi has been taking alot of shit from the more moderate wing of the party, for the way she embraced the far, far left "progressive" wing of the party. It looks like the Dems lost at least 6 and up to 12 seats. And quite a few races that they did win were way closer than they should have been. She may have an insurrection on her hands.

There was no "Blue Wave" as the Dems had anticipated. Just the opposite.

People didn't want to vote for Biden/ Harris. It was an anti Trump vote.

If Republicans can't hold onto the Senate in two years, when Madam President will have already packed the court, time to butter up the popcorn. Why worry about the rest of the country going full retard when we've had that here for years? Fixed/welded 10 round mag neutered ARs going for > $1200 in our own state. Just look at this abomination - ARMSLIST - For Sale: MA COMPLIANT FIXED MAG AR-15 WITH 3 SPEED LOADERS

The house democrats adopted the liberal agenda because they were too afraid they will get into a primary with ultra liberals and instead of double digit gains this election they are looking at double digit loses. So the defund the police agenda and free stuff didn’t go well in some parts of the country including believe it or not New York. The senate will probably stay at 52-48 after the run offs and unless Collins or Romney do something out of the agenda you will see party unity. Even though Mitch plays politics others like Graham and Cruz recognize the reason they were able to keep so many seats.l is because of Trump.
The Supreme Court is conservative and Trump appointed many judges to the federal courts. Without control of the senate executive appointments including judges and head of departments have to go through Republicans if I’m correct. They can do executive orders and see what happens but I doubt it will go far.
On the state level though it could be a different story and as we all experienced in 2016 it takes too long to undo any harm done. By then another election cycle has come.

Yeah, and it will be extremely hard for the left to get out the vote in January if Biden wins. That anti-trump hysteria will be gone and most centrists like having opposing parties in the different branches.

Yep, exactly. There won't be as much anti-Trumpers voting in the run off for the senate position, but you can certainly bet there will be a metric ton of pro-GOP who know that they have to run out to vote for these senate races to keep GOP controlled.

Likely, but not certain the senate remains under GOP.

There will be a massive school or mall shooting involving children or old people that they will then use to ram through a ban which the Senate will have to swallow as public opinion will be full retard.
All it takes is one bad public shooting and it could all go down the drain...
With all due respect if a ban didn't happen after Sandy Hook I don't see it happening now.

Yep, exactly. There won't be as much anti-Trumpers voting in the run off for the senate position, but you can certainly bet there will be a metric ton of pro-GOP who know that they have to run out to vote for these senate races to keep GOP controlled.

Likely, but not certain the senate remains under GOP.

Agreed, but I do think Bloomberg is going to dump tons of money into the runoff elections.

Republicans in the senate couldn't give a rats ass about a bunch of gun toting rednecks. The first mass shooting and they will jump on board the ban wagon. Do you think the likes of Mitt will stand by us. They wouldn't even stand behind their republican President because he wasn't in the club and they think they are superior to him. You know they think we're scum.

I think an AWB will be highly unlikely.

The house democrats adopted the liberal agenda because they were too afraid they will get into a primary with ultra liberals and instead of double digit gains this election they are looking at double digit loses. So the defund the police agenda and free stuff didn’t go well in some parts of the country including believe it or not New York. The senate will probably stay at 52-48 after the run offs and unless Collins or Romney do something out of the agenda you will see party unity. Even though Mitch plays politics others like Graham and Cruz recognize the reason they were able to keep so many seats.l is because of Trump.
The Supreme Court is conservative and Trump appointed many judges to the federal courts. Without control of the senate executive appointments including judges and head of departments have to go through Republicans if I’m correct. They can do executive orders and see what happens but I doubt it will go far.
On the state level though it could be a different story and as we all experienced in 2016 it takes too long to undo any harm done. By then another election cycle has come.
Another plus having Amy Coney Barrett on the bench is that you need 4 justices to agree to hear a case. Should be easier now....

Agreed, but I do think Bloomberg is going to dump tons of money into the runoff elections.

That's certainly his prerogative, he dumped $1billion into his own election bid & over $100million of his own money into Flordia & Texas & both states destroyed the narrative that the woke left radicals were going to finally defeat the GOP.

Loeffler will add Collins' share, and together that will significantly demolish the dem contender that is Warnock.

Not certain, but I feel the Senate is likely to remain GOP.

I think we Might need to add reasons to keeping our weapons, How about we steal the pussy hat people's line, " I Need a weapon to protect my Reproductive rights".

I think we Might need to add reasons to keeping our weapons, How about we steal the pussy hat people's line, " I Need a weapon to protect my Reproductive rights".
Can we claim religious exemption if we identify as mandalorian and claim weapons are a part of our religion?

If Republicans can't hold onto the Senate in two years, when Madam President will have already packed the court, time to butter up the popcorn. Why worry about the rest of the country going full retard when we've had that here for years? Fixed/welded 10 round mag neutered ARs going for > $1200 in our own state. Just look at this abomination - ARMSLIST - For Sale: MA COMPLIANT FIXED MAG AR-15 WITH 3 SPEED LOADERS

the republicans may not hold on the senate right now.

Classic CNN, it's actually 48/48 currently, Collins is keeping Maine. I don't know what crack CNN is smoking or why they haven't called that state for Collins. Probably because they're biased bags of dicks.

Justice Barrett is maybe the most pro-2A judge on the court now. The gun-grabbers should know that by ramming through anti-2A laws they are opening Pandora's box.

While I agree; It wouldn't surprise me if they tried to boot her somehow as an illegitimate appointment
(sry for the downer)
hahaha

Back
Top Bottom