Gun at Logan, no arrest

Has an LTC likely. Having the firearm found by TSA is not the reason for arrest at Logan. TSA just wants their $10k fine. The arrests at Logan are specifically for having a firearm in MA without license.

Has an LTC likely. Having the firearm found by TSA is not the reason for arrest at Logan. TSA just wants their $10k fine. The arrests at Logan are specifically for having a firearm in MA without license.
These knuckledraggers will cite you for anything: endangerment to the public, improper storage, etc. And of course the TSA wants their cut as well.

I'm guessing guy has an LTC... as well as "connections".

-Mike
at the very least he has "connections." I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have an LTC with the "correct connections." Maybe one of them "boys in blue" we are all supposed to be "less than."

IIRC TSA is still bound by local law at airports to some degree. There is one state or county down south US... I forget... where basically bringing a gun into the secure area, absent any malicious intent, is like a $100 fine or some shit like that, non criminal. TSA goes waaah but the airport cops just confiscate the persons gun, issue a cite, and send the traveler on their way. I think somewhere I read the person can even go to the sheriffs office or whatever and get their gun back later. (my memory is fuzzy on this so I might have f***ed up some of the details).

-Mike

IIRC TSA is still bound by local law at airports to some degree. There is one state or county down south US... I forget... where basically bringing a gun into the secure area, absent any malicious intent, is like a $100 fine or some shit like that, non criminal. TSA goes waaah but the airport cops just confiscate the persons gun, issue a cite, and send the traveler on their way. I think somewhere I read the person can even go to the sheriffs office or whatever and get their gun back later. (my memory is fuzzy on this so I might have f***ed up some of the details).

-Mike

I watched some cop show a while back and there was a segment on a county sheriff office in a small airport in North Dakota, or Wyoming or such where a similar law was in effect. Some Congress critter got caught by tsa with a pistol in his carryon. Segment showed sheriff calling in the serial number, etc., and then letting the guy get on his way with instructions to pick up the pistol at the station when he next got back from DC. I got the impression that’s sop and not special treatment.

R

Back
Top Bottom