GUN AND SPORT RE-OPENING

With the help of family and friends we are pleased to announce that Gun and Sport North Salem NH will be re-opening Friday (9/9) and Saturday (9/10) from 9:30 till 5pm this week!! [laugh2]

Please stop in to say hello...we look forward to serving you again!!

Check here for more details....
www.gunandsport.com

A great shop for us in Southern NH. Nice to see they are going to try to keep it going.

Purchased my first handgun from Robert at the old store. Years of good advice and banter followed. I'll swing by the Salem shop one day soon!

I've been buy several times.
Robert's wife is trying to sell, however it is not a good buy for anyone, she alienated the old clientele by jacking all the prices up and she obviously doesn't want to tie up money in inventory, transfers at $40. let's get real. The building is not for sale.
The old Gun and Sport is gone. I seriously feel bad for anyone contemplating buying it and intends to use the business name. It can be a good start for someone buying the remaining inventory at the usual buyout value somewhere in the 10% range of cost and setting up a new shop. the price she is asking for the business is insane considering what it is.

wow talk about raising the dead (thread)

There is another thread around here somewhere with an analysis of why nobody will buy the business.

IIRC there is a lot of inventory that you would have to heavily discount to move, the rest is over valued, and the real estate not being included are the deal breakers.

Any "goodwill" is gone, you could open your own business in any one of 100 vacant store fronts within a mile of that property for 1/3rd of the cost IMHO, probably less.

Your correct,I remember many many times, hanging around gun and sport north at there old location inLawrence.Enjoyed talking with David and Robbie,.I grew up in Methuen and it was just a short drive.IT was a decent store back than,ahh for the good old days,David

I probably should call the store but does anyone here know if G&S North will transfer a handgun from a MA owner to a NH owner? They used to sell as a MA FFL as well as a NH FFL I think.

I remember back when Bob was in Lawrence and I'd go down there as a little kid with grandfather. Afterwards we'd get lunch at Larry's (i.e. Cedar Crest) across the street. Two great establishments that are now gone.

Hello NES,

As of July 9, 2013, Gun and Sport North is under new ownership.
We are in the process of re-organizing the sales floor and closely examining the inventory.
We currently have around 300 firearms and many accessories.

We expect to announce our grand re-opening around labor day unless we reach our goal sooner.
We are currently open M-Tu, Fri-Sat 9:30-5pm until we announce expanded hours.
We will be expanding our hours to at least 6 days in the near future.

We have read all the comments and sympathize with the frustration.
Please visit us after our grand re-opening and let us know your thoughts.

[email protected]
Home

Best Regards, Tony Forgetta, President, Gun and Sport North.

GSN_Main_Logo.gif

Hopefully the prices are reasonable. After Rob died, it seems the prices went up $150 more on everything that I looked at at a previous visit.

Hopefully the prices are reasonable. After Rob died, it seems the prices went up $150 more on everything that I looked at at a previous visit.

I had a similar markup on my late December purchase. But the sky was falling and the wife had her heart set on it. Wrote it off as a spare no expense X-mas present. NIB pistol was filthy from being shot and had pocket lint and sand in the action... New ownership is the only thing that will get me back thru those doors...

I bought an 8-shot Remington 870 on 12/31/12 from them for about $5 to $10 dollars more than it cost at Four Seasons with the MA sales tax. I didn't buy it at FS because they didn't have one in stock, so for extra few bucks, it was worth it. [grin]

Is the store still retaining the MA, FFL so that us communists can buy handguns from you? I was told that was the case before the sale of the shop.

Back
Top Bottom