GUN AND KNIFE SHOW MARLBORO, MA January 28 & 29 2012

I feel the same way about communist uniforms. Soviet or Chinese. They killed more people than that Austrian bastard ever did.

I really can't post in a public forum what I'd like to see happen to that guy. I realize it's his First Amendment right to wear stupid shit like that. I do not have to like it, however.

And I don't.

Had a GREAT show!!!! Saw a bunch of NES folks. Gave a 50% discount on some stuff to folks I knew. Also did my usual karma on stuff folks needed.
Ray, thanks for the opportunity to help out the young lady who works at your local package store.

Sold more firearms this weekend then we have in a long time. Even sold one to Fooped!!!!

I do have to share this. I had a least 10 people that when I asked them to place their right index finger on the finger print scanner they asked which one is my index finger. I swear to God!!!! In my mind I kept hearing GSgt Hartman from Full Metal jacket screaming at fatbody who didn't know his right from his left.

So I had a good weekend. Great to see folks and talk to them, be able to karma some stuff and in general have some good laughs at the expense of some of the customers. Ya cant make up some of the crap folks ask.

Well i beat you on the first ride of the yr. by about 2 weeks, i try to get a ride in as soon as i can after the new yr. I have a Kawasaki ZZR1200 which is a little known but great sport-tourer. It was a little cold for me to bring the bike that distance to the show. Sounds like it was a good show, I usually go looking for Garands and Walthers,hopefully i didnt miss anything i would regret.. JT

Rode your bike? Crazy MFer....
I met mr. Watkins 4-5 years ago and bought the first printing of the book, we talked for a while and the book is a great read.... Talked to him today, apparently you got the 3rd printing with a bunch of added pages and photos..... It was a great read.... And i'll want to get the newer edition eventually....

There are close to 60 pictures and they show up in between chapters so you can read about what you are looking at as you go! I can't wait to start reading it

Well i beat you on the first ride of the yr. by about 2 weeks, i try to get a ride in as soon as i can after the new yr. I have a Kawasaki ZZR1200 which is a little known but great sport-tourer. It was a little cold for me to bring the bike that distance to the show. Sounds like it was a good show, I usually go looking for Garands and Walthers,hopefully i didnt miss anything i would regret.. JT

Way to go JT! After a low speed drop on the sand last year, I like to wait for a nice, cleansing rain before I head out in the winter. Today was just perfect, and I didn't even plug in my gloves or wear my overpants!

I was truly impressed by the fact that I saw not,not two,but three 25acp Ravens,all for sale at about the $190 range. am I missing something here? Cuz I bought one years ago,brand new, for $35 still got the box and papers. At best I'd rate it as a $50 gun today, but close to $200???

I was truly impressed by the fact that I saw not,not two,but three 25acp Ravens,all for sale at about the $190 range. am I missing something here? Cuz I bought one years ago,brand new, for $35 still got the box and papers. At best I'd rate it as a $50 gun today, but close to $200???

That's the MA premium for ya. Take a gun and ask $200 more than it's worth.

I do have to share this. I had a least 10 people that when I asked them to place their right index finger on the finger print scanner they asked which one is my index finger. I swear to God!!!! In my mind I kept hearing GSgt Hartman from Full Metal jacket screaming at fatbody who didn't know his right from his left.

Fred, You need a monitor that plays this little ditty.... [rofl]

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably walked past half a dozen NESrs today and had no idea. Should have looked back at this thead to see where people were before I left the house. Wasnt think this morning, left my C&R stuff at home...never even hit the ATM, had to leave to get cash. Didnt come away with much, a couple slings for my military guns, and a bag of 100 7.7 jap brass. A few other things caught my eye but not enough to buy. Was nice to get out for a while.

I eventually found the table. The signs were no help as I could not really see over people's heads... haha. I came away with an extended mag for my P238 and some cajun jerky, mmm

It was awesome meeting some of you today! Thanks to all that came up to say herro [smile]

I remember your post about looking for a "tiny asian"...brown north face jacket?

Fred, You need a monitor that plays this little ditty.... [rofl]

Mike, may I have permission to use this at the next show....please, now I need to find one that explains which finger is the index finger;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really can't post in a public forum what I'd like to see happen to that guy. I realize it's his First Amendment right to wear stupid shit like that. I do not have to like it, however.

And I don't.

There are guys who attend the Springfield shows in full re enactment outfits, Russian, German, Japanese etc. These guys are like the Cowboy action folks, dress up in period clothing. I attended a reenactment show once and these guys are serious. They look for the proper positioning of things as small as buttons etc. Just MO Ross.

I'm flattered [laugh] Usually people are surprised at how tiny I am. And yes, please say hi next time! [wave]

Tiny yes, but not as short as I imagined. When I think short, I think my friend Kristen. Shes not even up to my shoulder though.

Drinking a coffee? We were in the same aisles for most of the show.

No, i wasn't drinking coffee at the show. my friend (also asian) was not either. You saw ANOTHER asian at the show? [shocked] [shocked] [shocked]

Well, the jacket wasn't "dark" it was brown, no doubt in my mind about that. And if your fieance was wearing a black jacket then it was you, otherwise, there was another asian at the show[laugh] (Oh, and there wasn't another asian with whom ever I saw...just a girl and a guy)

Tiny yes, but not as short as I imagined. When I think short, I think my friend Kristen. Shes not even up to my shoulder though.

Well, the jacket wasn't "dark" it was brown, no doubt in my mind about that. And if your fieance was wearing a black jacket then it was you, otherwise, there was another asian at the show[laugh] (Oh, and there wasn't another asian with whom ever I saw...just a girl and a guy)

If you're certain it was "brown", then it wasn't me. I don't wear brown usually. My jacket was more of a dark grey color. My fiance (6'2" white guy) was wearing a black jacket. My (asian) friend was wearing a black jacket too, I think. The 3 of us were together 90% of the time so maybe you didn't see me then [thinking] Before I left, I did see another asian girl with a guy. Maybe that's who you saw. She was a bit taller than I am. She wasn't that much shorter than the guy she was with.

If you saw my fiance and I - we are like this [laugh]:

big-dog-little-dog.jpg

If you're certain it was "brown", then it wasn't me. I don't wear brown usually. My jacket was more of a dark grey color. My fiance (6'2" white guy) was wearing a black jacket. My (asian) friend was wearing a black jacket too, I think. The 3 of us were together 90% of the time so maybe you didn't see me then [thinking] Before I left, I did see another asian girl with a guy. Maybe that's who you saw. She was a bit taller than I am. She wasn't that much shorter than the guy she was with.

If you saw my fiance and I - we are like this [laugh]:

big-dog-little-dog.jpg

nope, wasn't you then. He was in black, she was in brown, and there wasnt a huge difference in height. He also wasn't 6'2", more like 5'10"-ish. Oh well, always next time!

ETA: [laugh2] @ the picture.

You saw ANOTHER asian at the show? [shocked] [shocked] [shocked]

Hey... I resemble that statement. :( But I was there on Saturday.

Maybe I need to put Ninja in my screenname... or jade... or dragon... or golden... or wok.... or just mix it altogether, and open myself a restaurant... The Jade Dragon Golden Wok Restaurant.

- HP

I got there around 11.00 Saturday, breezed in, no line outside.
I got 20 bucks for a mauser bayonet that i got for nothing.. Bought a 4 dollar tiny part for my Glock (saved the shipping).. Got a nice lever action Marlin 22 'plinker' from the 'guns and parts guy' along the back wall. Saw the clown in the SS officer's uniform.. he didn't look like a happy guy. I stayed away from the jerky this time.. the odor was pretty foul in that area of the room.
Bumped into an old friend of my dad's, and chatted with a few folks.
Glad i made the (5 minute) trip..

made it down on sunday morning, great to meet miniminjer and c-pher, picked up a couple mags for my 4506 and some para cord, i was pretty hungover, tried to get some jerky but the smell wasnt agreeing with me

Back
Top Bottom